Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to have ec on Monday (15/11) and I am a bit concerned and I do hope this isn't a silly question  :-\

I had a follies scan last Thursday and it showed that I had 21 follies with a potential of 11-14 producing eggs  :) I had my last gonal f injection on Friday morning, and the last burserlin injection on Saturday.  I took the Pregnyl injection at 1.00am today. 

I was experiencing a sore tummy for a few days last week and I understood why this was as I had 21 follies in my ovaries - but as of Saturday morning my tummy stopped being sore and now that I've now taken the trigger injection before ec my tummy still doesn't feel sore.

Is this normal?  Am I being crazy?  MY DH said that it makes sense to him and if I was experience discomfort then there would be a risk that I was getting ohss!!!  Which of course I don't want.

Sorry that the above is garbled  :eek:  as this is my first ivf not really sure what to expect  :-\

All advice/similar experience is appreciated. :)

Nic G  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi Nic
not a nurse but......
I don't think you should worry
- first time I was very uncomfortable all the way up to EC with really obvious 'folly feelings' - and I got OHSS after ET.

The second time I found the folly feelings came and went. Especially the day after the pregnyl I started to wonder if they were going to find anything in there!  But actually on the morning of EC I could feel them again.  I think it does come and go.  Anyway there's not much you can do about it now, so try not to worry, just go and get those eggs collected!!!!  There'll be plenty more navel contemplation and worries about twinges in your 2ww I can assure you!  ;D 

You are drinking plenty of water aren't you with all those follies?  And eat plenty of protein - it'll help prevent OHSS.

Good luck, will be thinking of you  ;)

love Claire x

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Claire

Thanks for your kind words of support  :)

I've worried at every stage of this tx, and as you say, I don't suppose I'll stop when I get to 2ww and (fingers crossed) beyond  ::)  I possibly wont stop worrying until our firstborn is 21!  ;D

As you say symptoms come and go and since I posted I can feel that sore tummy feeling again  :-\ Now I'm drinking loads and packing in the protein as my tummy (when fully extended) looks like I'm in the second trimester of pg! :eek:

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts