Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Having a bit of a panic moment  ::)  I have been DR on follicular protocol since last Monday but had an unexpected call back to the clinic yesterday  to pick up Pregnyl and provera to try and get rid of a follicle that I have had since Day 1 and induce an af (despite still spotting from my last af 5 days ago  ^idiot^ ). I picked up the private px and despite asking lots of questions did not ask how the pregnly was to be injected  :( . Picked it up from Wellbeck who said it needed to be kept cold and as I would not be near a fridge within the hour decided to just get on with it and do the injection in the toilets of the British museum as I was there visiting with my friends at the time assuming I had finished at the clinic for the day ;D . Had fun mixing the powder etc with those blinking glass vials on my knee in a toilet cubicle  ;D

As I was about to inject it I realised it was a trigger shots (the same as you have before EC) and every time I have triggered @ my previous clinic I used an intra muscle needle (biggie) for the trigger. The pharmacy had only given me a mixing needle and a s/c one so I had no choice but to use this. Now in a panic that I should of had a i/m one and its not going to work. Tried to call clinic but by then was on answer phone - emergency calls only  ???  so don't want to call.

Have tried to search but cant find the answer. If anyone who has had to inject the pregnyl during DR to get rid of a cyst/follicle can let me know whether it is a s/c needle or i/m one I should have used I would really appreciate it. I have come home to Herefordshire to wait for af and I assume I would have to go back to London if I have done it wrong on Monday.

Also would be really helpful if anyone could tell my when there af arrived after taking the 5 day course of provera as they said 3 to 14 days? Beginning to realise planning anything during an ARGC tx is just fool hardy. Will need to just give myself over to the clinic for the next month or so.

Many thanks

Sparkly xxx

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hi Sparkly
It's so worrying trying to get everything "right". I have always used the same needles as for stimms and af can come up to 10 days later though mine was around 7 I think.
Don't worry about phoning the emergency line that's exactly what it's there for and at the weekends during the day it's usually in reception and someone answers it quite quickley.
Good luck and enjoy the museum
Xx

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TY so much Stills - the stims ones are normally s/c ones so hopefully have done it right  ^pray^  Have not had my teach yet just lucky I had come across the whole powder mixing thing before or I would have been in a real panic  ::) . Museum is fab saw lots of Egyptian mummies! May have a bit of a wait then for af. Just keep thinking will there be any lining for another af just after the last one has finished.  Won't be rushing back to London yet. Was worried about being told off for using emergency line but if its just reception sat/sun morning will do in future.

Thanks hun you have saved me a lot of heartache xxxxxxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts