Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you can help but here goes.  My test date was day 15, day 14 took a test and a definite negative, took a test following day faint positive, next day a definite positive.  2 days later informed hospital of change of result and they recommended a blood test.  Very disappointed and worried with a result of 54.  Had another test 48 hours later and it had gone up to 97.  I elected to have a scan 3 weeks later (29th may) rather than have the worry of the tests.  The Sister has put me on pregnyl twice a week until my scan.  Can you tell my why, I was in such a state I did,nt ask her.  Also do you think we have any hope or shall I just go and have my scan next week and get it out of the way.  I really dont feel anything which is making me negative anyway.  Any comments would be appreciated.  I am supposedly 6+2
BG

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hi,

Really sorry i don't know the answer to your questions. Think you should definitely call your clinic and ask them though, i'm sure there is a very good reason why ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
BG,

I`v read about lot`s of ladies on this site saying similar thing happening to them. Have you heard of late implanters? They do happen. Your bloods going up from 54 to 97 is really good. I am due to have 5 days of Pregnyl injections one a day from the day of ET. We have been told by the doctor and the nurse that they think this can help with implantation and it is similar to Ovitrelle (the trigger shot). I would suggest you go for your 7 week scan to put your mind at ease. Putting it off would make you even more worried.

Sending you lot`s of ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ vibes. Don`t lose hope. Let me know how you get on hun if you can and here to chat if you need to ^hugme^

Roses

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks roses for your reply.
You are the only one I have come across to have this injection.  Just hoping it works.  I dont really feel anything at the moment. My stomach is quite puffy but probably all the drugs, apart from a little nausea, nothing.  So frightened to have the scan because I dont want to hear those words again.  I very nearly re-scheduled the scan for next week, but if I am a late implanter I would be a week behind maybe and probably would'nt see what we want and then have another agonising wait to find out if our little one is going to make it or it gone already.  Just think if I wait until the 29th, I would be 8 weeks but maybe 7, either way we should see a heartbeat if there is going to be one !!! 
Thankyou for your reply though, I dont feel quite so unsure.
BG

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
After my BFP I was told I can go in for a week 6 scan, which I did. It was possible for the doctor to see my implantations. Heartbeats develop around week 6.

Glad to be able to have helped.

All the best xxx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Also, at least you are taking the necessary meds (still taking cyclogest I guess?) and you know that you are doing your best. I`m afraid to say there`s nothing else we can do apart from that but HOPE FOR THE BEST!!! xxxx

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi there BG

Firstly congratulations on you BFP!!!!!! ;D

Just to say I had a late implanter (clearly genes from DH....) did the test on day 14 - BFN, still no bleed so did another test on day 16 and resulted in a BFP - now 25 weeks pregnant!  

As far as the pregnyl goes it is something to do with your ostrogen levels - I did a shot of pregnyl 36 hours before EC (like most women do, 2 powders to 1 water) then because my levels were low I had do to another shot (this time 1 powder and 1 water) 1 day and 4 days after ET then went over to asprin daily until 12 weeks. (an nor did I take cyclogest - because of my levels)

Please don't panic - the clinics/hospitals do things different ways for many people.....

If you do want questions answered just ring your clinic to put your mind at rest.

Good luck with everything.

Nacknick. xxx

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your reply Nacknick
These are the stories I want to hear.  Contragulations on your PG, it must be wonderful, I only hope I can do the same.
BG

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
BG - most ladies stay on cyclogest til 12 weeks to support the pregnancy but by 6 weeks i was covered in a rash and had developed an allergy to it, my clinic took me off cyclogest (progesterone suppository) and gave me 2 shots of pregnayl (5000 each) 5 days apart. Because by that point i already knew i was pregnant with twins and had already conceived and carried my DD naturally my consultant did consider taking me off support entirely but decided the 2 pregnls would be a boost. Not sure if you are on cyclogest too or not but its basically doing the same job coz the HCG in the pregnyl helps your body to manufacture its own progesterone to support the pregnancy. ^hugme^

1 - 10 of 10 Posts