Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i was just wondering if anybody could tell me how long approx Pregnyl (HCG) stays in your system and affects the result of a hpt? Thanks  ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi there,

In answer to your question, ive always been advised that HCG can stay in your blood stream for up to 10 days, this is why they dont reccommend you test to early incase the hcg registars a BFP..... its always best to wait to nearer the 14th day.

hope this helped

polly

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
I used Pregnyl and bought a whole load of cheap pg tests off the internet, which I used each day after the shot, so when they came up neg, I knew the HCG from the Pregnyl shot was out of my system and any positive after that would be a true positive.  If I remember correctly, the HCG was gone after 7 or 8 days with me, but I know it can remain for longer in some people.  If you're not going to test manically like I did - then it's best to wait until 14 days after the shot to be truly sure that it's gone. 

Good luck!

Jayne x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.