Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, I am asking this for my BF who is struggling with somethign that looks as though it may be PMDD - PreMenstrual Dysphoric Disorder, which is like an exceptionally severe form of PMS.

She has had a lap which only showed 'fluid in the abdomen', which the consultant told her indicated some inflammation - which the consultant kindly pointed out would probably go away if she had a baby...

now this comment didn't go down well given that she is 34, single and in unbearable pain for over a week a month and quite alot of pain and discomfort for the rest of the month.  ^bigbad^

Has anyone else suffered from this or know anythign about it?  she has jsut bought virtually the entire stock of Holland and Barrett in an attempt to help her symptoms, but is really low and it's upsetting for me to not be able to help. :(

She has considered that she may need to go down the single womens route to have a baby via donor means, but she does not want to do it just to make her better - it seems wrong somehow! however, if she does decide that is the way forward for her, then i will direct her to this site...

in the meantime i just want to help her feel better!!

thank you  all in advance for any help you can give her. ^hugme^

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi
So sorry to hear about your friend.  I havent got PMDD but had bad PMS and endo and after years of rubbish treatments and stuff not working I saw a homeopath - was sceptical at first but it changed my life!  I had previously tried selecting all the right stuff out of H&B but found the homeopath took a more holistic approach - would really recomend it.  I had also tried accupuncture and Chinese medicine and none of those helped me.  It might be worth your friend trying it even to see if there is some improvement for her.

xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks libeth - i think she does want to go down the more holistic route - like i said she has started with supplements to see how that helps!  The docs have put her on the pill as this will help with the bit when she is in agony around ovulation (poor thing - on more painkillers than you would believe), so that will hopefully take the edge off things to enable her to get on and sort out the rest!

Anyone else have any experience of this?!

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
My situation was by no means the same but what about giving acupuncture a go?!  It really did change my life in terms of taming the symptoms of endo...

Bless her it must be terrible, I hope she finds something to help soon.

Bev xx

p.s. your a great mate!!

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well she's been a great mate to me over the years - we've been best buddies for over 20 years. (OMG is it really that long?!?! ;D )

She would start acupuncture - although money is a bit of an issue as she only works part time (she is an aspiring childrens writer so needs to sort this out enough so she can feel up to sitting and working her way to becoming the next JK Rowling!).  i suppose money is a small issue in the grand scheme of things - and it certainly worked well for you, didn't it!!!

I have suggested it - she may do at some stage...

any other experiences?

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone?

I'm sure someone out there has heard of this..

although to be fair, i hadn't until i started looking for it!!

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Hi,
I had this between my 2 sons. I was prescribed prozac which worked a treat, but I do not think it is licensed  for this anymore. (correct me if I'm wrong). I believe St. John's Wort is a natural form of prozac, so this may be worth a try. It was a horrible thing to go through and I think treatment is essential to lead a normal life.
Lots of luck to you both!
Prija

1 - 7 of 7 Posts