Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wonder if someone might be able to help as just gearing myself up for my review following Feb's failure.

Got a copy of my notes for last Nov and Feb's txs and the following was noted in the lab report:

'most of the oocytes have big coarse granularity in the cytoplasm'.
'some of the oocytes have thick ZP' (assuming thick zonas)

Feb 07 cycle it was also noted that we had dark granular eggs, and Nov 07 also noted thick zonas.

In summary:

what causes granularity?
what impact does this have on embryo progression ?(3 x grade 2/3s put back on day 5 last time - they were not blasts but noted as compacted, half compacted and cavity)
what could possibly be done to improve the situation?

Basically preparing myself for the ED speech........

Thanks so much

Anners
x

G

·
Hi Anners.....

I saw Mr T after my 2 failures at ARGC in 2006 and early 2007 - he was just lovely :)....he made total sense and had already thought a lot of things through...I'd just ask him all the questions you want - you will get about 45 mins (well we did!)

Good luck

xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

I guess our main prob (apart from immune issues) now appears to be consistently bad egg quality. Will be interesting to see what he has to say. Can't find much on FF about granularity...just know 'tis not a good thing.

xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had two LPs and one SP - but understand that things can always be tweaked.....always get 10-15 eggs. Embs looked v good on day 3 last time but weren't really where they needed to be by day 5, so no huge surprise that none of the three stuck I guess.
:'( :'( :'(

Best of luck on your 10th go!!!!

xxx

G

·
Have you had sperm fragmentation tests etc and checked for DQ Alpha matches? Assume you've had Chromosome Karyotyping done on you both at the GPs? Out of interest - what is your FSH?

Nosey I know... ;D ;D

xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ask away!

'No' to the tests you mentioned and ARGC said don't bother when I asked after the first failure there, as they said the chances of finding something was so remote. GP about as much use as a chocolate teapot....

FSH been steady at around 7 for the last 18 months.

Need to ask why they put me on SP the second time as never really got an explanation for that........

Is granularity basically poor egg quality?

xxx

G

·
Mmmm - not too sure but it sounds like it....I'd want to know about the SP too as LH is less well controlled with SPs and that can be key to egg quality during stimms ;)....esp as you have such a good FSH ^idiot^ ^idiot^....He is right that the tests I mention are prob unlikely to come up with something but I'd do the Karyotyping just to be sure (it is free if your GP will help! - takes about 4 weeks ;))

xxx

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Had better get on a charm offensive with the GP then (who basically said early on in the process that he'd help with tests and drugs and then wimped out at the last minute  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^).

Seriously hoping that something concrete comes out of the review as at a loss as to next move........

Best of luck again and will be watching your progress to that long awaited BFP  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^.

Anners
xxx

G

·
Anners  - Sadly I am of the view that when we are "young at 40" ::) ::) it is much more down to the luck (or not) of getting the one chromosomally normal embie that we need and of course there are less of these at our age :-\...so I guess he may just say "you need a bit of luck on your side next time and it will happen" (annoying but to some degree understandable ;)) - loads of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts