Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I recently was diagnosed with primary ovarian insufficiency now age 27 . The original investigation began 2 years ago age 25 when I got a false positive pregnancy test and the doctors found my FSH at 76.5 (mid cycle). Due to covid and the NHS waiting lists extending , it has took two years to get this diagnosis after a few extra scans and blood reports .
My latest FSH fluctuates between 6.8 -29 (3 days after my period ). My antral follicle count is quite low
(3 last time I think) and AMH barely traceable at 0.2.
Like a lot of people here I am going through a lot of shock/stress/disbelief as I assumed I was fine. My periods have always been irregular since age 13 ( 3 months on 3 off) but I assumed that was just my norm as its always been like this . They are still quite similar, they have recently slightly decreased by 1 a year but I think that is due to stress and me gaining weight over the past year emotionally eating over this stress. I recently have got married but due to visa issues I haven't been able to stay with my husband that much so I haven't had a chance naturally yet.
I am not getting any menopausal symptoms but they told me they would refer me to the HRT clinic for medication .
Has anyone here tried natural IVF cycles and been successful with their own eggs with POI ? Thank fully I am in a position where I can afford to go private , I just don't want to have any regrets in the future of not trying everything I could but I also don't want to put myself through all the emotions for what looks like on my case low success. I just don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi there . I am a fair bit older than you and just started doing natural ivf . I think due to your age you stand a really good chance . For me as I too have just the 3 follicles and amh 0.5 there’s no point doing normal ivf . I am seeing this as a good try using my own eggs and doing it 3 times and then will move to donor egg . I would feel I had done enough since my chances are about 5% With my own eggs .
I am so sorry you are having this in your twenties . I just left it too late and so my egg quality is likely to be poor but I think at your age the eggs you have may be great quality .
X

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hello,

I recently was diagnosed with primary ovarian insufficiency now age 27 . The original investigation began 2 years ago age 25 when I got a false positive pregnancy test and the doctors found my FSH at 76.5 (mid cycle). Due to covid and the NHS waiting lists extending , it has took two years to get this diagnosis after a few extra scans and blood reports .
My latest FSH fluctuates between 6.8 -29 (3 days after my period ). My antral follicle count is quite low
(3 last time I think) and AMH barely traceable at 0.2.
Like a lot of people here I am going through a lot of shock/stress/disbelief as I assumed I was fine. My periods have always been irregular since age 13 ( 3 months on 3 off) but I assumed that was just my norm as its always been like this . They are still quite similar, they have recently slightly decreased by 1 a year but I think that is due to stress and me gaining weight over the past year emotionally eating over this stress. I recently have got married but due to visa issues I haven't been able to stay with my husband that much so I haven't had a chance naturally yet.
I am not getting any menopausal symptoms but they told me they would refer me to the HRT clinic for medication .
Has anyone here tried natural IVF cycles and been successful with their own eggs with POI ? Thank fully I am in a position where I can afford to go private , I just don't want to have any regrets in the future of not trying everything I could but I also don't want to put myself through all the emotions for what looks like on my case low success. I just don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance for any advice :)
hi Nina,
My sister in law was diagnosed with POF at the same age. She went through IVF, collected 3 eggs and had her son. Two years later she also has IVF and again first time success, despite only collecting 2 eggs. You see...at this age the egg quality is so good that you have a good chance. Just don’t delay it too long. Have faith and it will happen. xxx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there . I am a fair bit older than you and just started doing natural ivf . I think due to your age you stand a really good chance . For me as I too have just the 3 follicles and amh 0.5 there’s no point doing normal ivf . I am seeing this as a good try using my own eggs and doing it 3 times and then will move to donor egg . I would feel I had done enough since my chances are about 5% With my own eggs .
I am so sorry you are having this in your twenties . I just left it too late and so my egg quality is likely to be poor but I think at your age the eggs you have may be great quality .
X
Hello , Thank you for your advice! you are right , you don't want to look back and think what if? at least you know you have tried your best . Its just with the consultants repeatedly telling me the same thing that I am unlikely to be successful I just didn't really know who to ask for with my situation, as I don't know anyone who has this at my age .
And good luck I hope your IVF cycle works out for you!! I don't know how old you are , but I know two people one who was 40 and was successful with ivf on her third attempt . The second who was 43 who went through several rounds of ivf over the span of a few years , as soon as she gave up at 43 (as her periods had become very irregular) , she naturally conceived with her first child. Don't give up hope!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi Nina,
My sister in law was diagnosed with POF at the same age. She went through IVF, collected 3 eggs and had her son. Two years later she also has IVF and again first time success, despite only collecting 2 eggs. You see...at this age the egg quality is so good that you have a good chance. Just don’t delay it too long. Have faith and it will happen. xxx
Hello , Thank you so much for you reply ! This gives me some hope for the future! I have just been getting conflicting opinions from consultants, most were saying that my egg quality is now poor due to low reserve and typical early menopausal hormone levels. I just didn't want to believe this, I guess the only way I will find out is by trying.

·
Registered
603 Posts
May I ask where you are based? In the UK?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yes I am in the UK . North West
Try New Life in Greece. You will not regret it.
look doctors are not always right.They provide an educated opinion but eventually it’s down to you what you want to do. Use a clinic that wants to help you. At 25 you may not have follicles but those you have are highly likely of good quality.
my sister in law didn’t even produce good quality embryos from morphology point of view. But still one shot and had her son. Same with her daughter.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi again . Yes I will feel I’ve done everything o can before moving on to other options .

i would highly recommend serum in Greece . You will find the care you need there . Penny wants to help everyone have their baby and she will be very committed to you . The costs will also be significantly Less xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Try New Life in Greece. You will not regret it.
look doctors are not always right. They provide an educated opinion but eventually it’s down to you what you want to do. Use a clinic that wants to help you. At 25 you may not have follicles but those you have are highly likely of good quality.
my sister in law didn’t even produce good quality embryos from morphology point of view. But still one shot and had her son. Same with her daughter.
Thank you, I might have a look into this , I am 27 now it has took these past 2 years to get a confirmed diagnosis. But I'm hoping whatever reserve I have left is still okay . Again thank you for the advice, I really appreciate it .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi again . Yes I will feel I’ve done everything o can before moving on to other options .

i would highly recommend serum in Greece . You will find the care you need there . Penny wants to help everyone have their baby and she will be very committed to you . The costs will also be significantly Less xx
Does Greece have more/better natural ivf fertility clinics than the UK? or is it mainly the cost aspect that is less ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts