Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are soon to start our second cycle of ICSI, we decided to look in to private purchase of Menopur as hopsital quoted us as £675.00  :mad:
I contacted Fazeley pharmacy who quoted for the same thing £423  ;)
I asked the clinic if it was ok to private purchase there response was that they cannot guarantee its suitability for treatment and the source to them will be unknown! I feel they dont want us to private purchase but they seem to be making a big mark up. 
Do you think it is "safe" to buy from somewhere other than clinic???
any ideas

thanks xxx ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Partyqueen

Many people 'shop' around for the best prices. The clinics can be much more expensive. You can ask your clinic for your prescription and then buy your drugs from wherever you choose. As long as you buy whats on the prescription - you can't really go wrong.

There are some threads on here off competitive places to buy them from. I'll try to find them.

Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emma x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Do check out the link that Emma's provided.

I understand your clinics concern if you were purchasing off the internet but you're not....these suppliers are registered and licensed to sell fertility drugs....in fact, Serono (also known as Applied Dispensary Services/[email protected] ) actually also manufacture the drugs Gonal F, Crinone & Ovitrelle.

Many many women get their drugs through these suppliers (or from local chemists, Tesco, Boots etc).

I've got my drugs through local chemist when it's been NHS prescription (not sure who they get it from)....and I've used Serono twice and have had great service at all times....and obviously saved a lot of money !

Take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I too understand your clinics concern but if you are going through a reputable pharmacist and getting exactly what is on the prescription then there shouldn't be a problem.
So there you go, 3 mods and we all say the same thing.
Best of luck
Lizi.x

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much for the reassurance, i will look at the links!
many thanks think you have made my mind up!!! :)

xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
partyqueen I have had 2 lots of drugs from Fazeley pharmacy and ALi and the drugs were fine.  It isn't like buying from a mystery overseas pharmacy- they are registered with the pharmecutical society etc.  ALso as Minxy said some of the places like Serono/ADS actually manufacture and supply your clinic - at a much lower price than to pts so the mark is the clinics!

On my second cycle had I purechased Gonal F from the Bridge clinic it would have cost me 4890 pounds and from ADS it was 1200.  For menopur they charged me 24 pounds a vial, from Ali in Shadwell (a few stops on the tube and less than 15 mins away) it was 13 pounds so a saving of 80 pounds a dose for me as I was on 8 vials a day.  ALso when I went to ARGC I bought drugs there as they chop and change them everyday and then one day they ran out of Puregon and just gave me a prescription to go to any pharmacy near by! so they weren't that concerned about wuthentiicty of drugs.

L x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts