Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Right then............

Brody is 2 and half and has been potty trained since christmas 07.  First thing he did on the potty was a poo and wee at the same time and continues to do great with the wee thing.

Since potty training, he's been in pants, only a nappy for night time and from around mid Jan has been out of nappies for day time nap too.

BUT he's so reluctant to poo!  We can go for days without one and then WHAM a huge one that MUST hurt and obviously does (we have tears, denial etc).

He doesn't/won't say that he needs a poo, I just have to catch him whincing in the corner as if he's trying to keep it IN.  If i ask if he needs a poo whilst wincing he'll say no and i have to let it get so far and then whip down his pants and make him sit on the potty, then hug him so he can squeeze me whilst doing it.  Once it's done he'll stand up, look at it and be so proud of it, clapping etc and we make a big deal of how good a boy he is, how it's better out than in etc

What do we do!??????  He's so reluctant to do it and is making himself poorly by keeping it in for as long as he can and then it's soooooo massive that it really hurts him (sometimes there is blood too).

We have been using Movicol but that can send him the other way and then he just wants to shy away with embarrassment, cause he's had an accident even though we NEVER make a deal out of it with him

HELP!!!!!!!  he's brill with the wee aspect of potty training but just won't give over the poo!

Keri xx

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Keri,

Sorry I am not going to be much help here but I just wanted to say you are not alone with this problem.  I could have written almost the exact same post about my daughter.  It is horrible watching them crying because the poo they are trying to pass is so big.  When I discussed this with my HV she suggested trying to give her foods like apricots, etc to make it easier for her to go - can't really say this worked for me although getting her to eat different foods has always been difficult.  It has been happening on and off (she is OK for a week or so and then it starts again) since October.  I have tried Lactulose which worked OK although have to careful to find the right dose not to go the other way.  Would like her to be OK without using medication though.  Hoping that she will just grow out of it if I don't make a big deal of it with her.

Good luck with your little boy.

Sue

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Keri

I just replied on a different thread about pooing - my DS sounds exactly the same as yours! Take a look, I replied just now.

Best of luck, I remember it well.

Bea x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.