Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiyyah guys!!

Can I ask you to pop on this thread your recommendations for accommodation in Madrid as I want to put together a patient´s info sheet and we all know that you have the knowledge on this one ;D!!!! Hotel name, cost, closest metro station, that type of thing??

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Ruth

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi Ruth whatever gave you the idea that we would know about hotels we never talk over on the Procreatec Thread  ;D ;D

My recommendation is the Hotel Rafaelorense.

We paid £190.00STG for two nights Bed and Buffet Breakfast.

The nearest metro stop is Santiago Bernabeu (Real Madrid Stadium) 5 mins walk.  Coming from the Airport there is one change at Ministerios Station it is very easy and you will find details of the metro lines on the Hotel Website.

The Clinic is no more than a 10 min walk from Hotel - we walked to clinic and a got a taxi back €5.00

There is a Starbucks right outside hotel also two supermarkets to stock up on supplies.  There is a lovely Italian called Paparazzi just up the road but there are lots of restaurants in the area.

The rooms in the hotel are large and comfortable with windows that open.  We also got the internet and TV package for €17.50 for 24 hours which was perfect for us when we came back from Clinic.

Irish Pub across the road does a great pint of Guinness (according to hubbie!)

I would definitely recommend this hotel for convenience and comfort for a short stay.

Hope that helps Ruth but if you need any further info just shout and I will see what I can remember.

Kath

·
Registered
193 Posts
Our hotel was Occidental Miguel Angel & Urban Spa Hotel. The hotel is situated on the Paseo de la Castellana - the city's main avenue, in the centre of Madrid. There were lots of shops and restaurants near by. the hotel wasn't cheap (144e per night) but DH wanted a swimming pool/sauna/steam room/jacuzzi which he used a few times. It was very luxurious and we thought we'd treat ourself as we only stayed for 2 nights. We'd go back again to this hotel. The staff spoke English at reception (although we had our trusty phrase books ;))

Drinks and food weren't cheap in the hotel, but we had one meal in Arco restaurant and it was delicious. The staff were so helpful and lovely in the restaurant. We bought a load of drinks/fruit/snacks from a little shop around the corner from the hotel so we could munch in the room (didn't even look at the cost of mini bar ;D ). The hotel was on a very busy road but the windows were double glazed and it wasn't noisy. We had air-con too which was good as the sun glared through the window even though it was quite cold outside (March '10). Wired internet is available in the entire hotel and costs EUR 15.00 per 24 hours. There was also a pretty garden/terrace. There was 24 hour room service.

The Gregorio Maronon Metro station was right outside the hotel (about 10 seconds) and it was only two stops to Santiago Bernabeu, 5 mins walk from the clinic. We got a taxi back to the hotel the day of ET and it was 7.50e.

http://miguel-angel-madrid.hotel-rez.com/

Scream if you need any more info. xxx ^hugme^

/links

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi, I also recommend Hotel Rafaeles Orense,like Kath said its a great location within walking distance of the clinic,shops restaurants etc,we have not yet stayed there but i know the location,and have been in starbucks etc which is just across road on our previous visit. It seems quite good value for money cost is around £250 for about 4 nights looking on Travel Republic site,this is who we booked through last time,was very easy to do had no problems and they have a large choice of hotels etc;

I would also recommend Sunotel Amaral Hotel,this is little further up the road,but still great location, supermarket and gym just next door. Has outdoor swimming pool for use in summer,and seems to be exceptional value,with good reviews!!

On our last visit we stayed at Eurobuilding 2. apartments,these are located on calle de orense and sit just in front of the Sunotel so again same location,although our apartment was a little dated,was large and adequately equiped for cooking and staying the week,we were first given a room with 2 singles but had no problem to change to a double room,the cost of the one bedroom appartment was very good value,although maybe if you pay more for the suites,you may find that you get a better apartment that has now been updated,the rest of hotel was modern and clean,with a swimming pool located on the roof,where there is great views of the rooftops of Madrid and mountains in the distance.    The Sunotel and Eurobuilding 2. are closest to cuzco metro station.
All the best for your stay in Madrid  :)  scov x

·
Registered
226 Posts
We stayed at the Confortel Pio X11 when we went. It was good value at £120 for 3 nights (no breakfast), very modern and clean. Owever it was a bit out of the way. 10min walk from Pio tube (convenient for the airport), 3 stops from the clinic, so ok if you are organised and leave plenty of time (we werent so got a taxi easilly on the road outside, which was only about 7euros). We booked it via club hotel (or hotel club?, basically it gave the cheapest deal on a google search)
The hotel had a restaurant/bar  but it seemed to close early , but we were happy eating out exploring Madrid anyway. It did have free wifi which my husband loved (however it was very tempermental so required patience).

Next time we have opted for Sunotel Amorel, booked via easyjet website for 4 n b and b it was about £200. This one is walking distance from the clinic and generally feels more in the 'thick of things' area wise I think. Havent been yet, so cant comment any more!

The great thing is the transport is so easy to get to the clinic as it is not far from the airport via the metro (which is also very cheap to use), it is only an easy 5min walk from the nearest metro station too. Takes away a whole lot of stress.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi just thought I would add couple more hotels that people may be interested in taking a look at,I have not stayed at them but they are ones i am considering aswell for when i go back out to Madrid.
Melia Castilla Hotel this is located off of Angela de la cruz just off of Paseo de Castellana so not too far from clinic still. Looks quite plush and is a 5 star hotel,with outdoor pool and pool side bar,for those hot summer days,it also offers free internet according to information i have read a bit more pricey at around £450 for 4 nights but that is with buffett breakfast,cheaper without. But check prices for when you want to go as does differ depending on time of year and local events etc;

The other one i thought i would mention is The Holliday Inn Madrid, this is just acroos rd from santiago bernabau football stadium,very near to clinic,and an indoor shopping center with el corte de ingles depatment store just a short walk away,looks modern also has outdoor pool with modern looking rooms and tea and coffee making facilities in room,this is a 4 star and prices also vary depending on buffett breakfast and timings etc;    :) scov.x

·
Registered
226 Posts
We have now been to Sunotel Amaral and I can fully recommend it. Its a 3 star hotel, but seems really nice, modern and clean. The buffet breakfast is yummy and loads of it. Its 2 min walk from Cuzco metro station, about 20min from the airport on the metro and 10-15min walk to the clinic (or very quick, cheap taxi ride home after a transfer!). There is a outdoor pool but its only opne in the height of summer- even though its steaming hot here now its not open, so only downside!
There is a supermarket across the road and burgerking/ nice italian restaurant round the corner and starbucks not far either, so all in all I would definitely recommend the place. We booked it a few months before flying out through the easyjet website but worth shopping around!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi,
We stopped 1 night at Melina Castilla, Capitain Haya 43-Tel 91 567 50 00. It was a lovely 5* hotel at £60pp pn without breakfast. 10 mins walk away from Procreatec, other Hotels wanted about £100.00 each so was glad about this.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi

Currently staying at the SunotelAmarel.  And like Trisky we can recommend it.  Just note that if you are like me and can't fuction without a cuppa in the morning - there doesn't seem to be tea/ coffee facilties in the room..  Other than that the place is great

DDX

·
Registered
888 Posts
Just came back from the Holiday Inn Madrid.  It's just a short walk from the hotel or a 5-10Euro taxi ride.  I can recommend it.  The rooms are a good size and clean; they also have tea/coffee facilities in the room.  The buffet breakfast has a good assortment of both hot and cold though can be a bit manic if you get there at rush hour.  All in all, exactly the same level of service/decor/amenities that I'm used to from a Holiday Inn.  We got a good deal through travelrepublic.co.uk of £85/night including breakfast buffet.  As I was on crutches we didn't use the subway but I think there is one close by.  Taxi to/from the airport was 30 Euros.

All my best to everyone,
Calgary

·
Registered
888 Posts
Hey everyone - just a quickie as I was trying to book another hotel and belatedly came across an incredible deal for the Holiday Inn hotel near the clinic that I went to for my ET. It's a 2for1 deal so works out to ~60 Euros per night! Whoooeee. Hope someone can use it! http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/6c/925/en/c/1/content/dec/teaser/6c/1/en/lp/emea/twofor.html?rateCode=IDEX1

XXX
Calgary

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hiya,

Just to say that if anyone is looking to stay in a hotel near the centre as opposed to up by the clinic, I'd highly recommend Medium Cortezo.  But make sure you get a junior suite and ask for one not near the lift!  We got one by the lift and it makes a very odd noise.  DH didn't want to change room as we'd already unpacked everything by the time we noticed the lift noise.  But we got ear plugs today so hopefully that will help.  The junior suite is costing us €650 for 6 nights which I think is a very good deal.  It has a small bedroom and a little living room.  It's not as big as you would think a junior suite is but it definitely works.  There's a telly in both the bedroom and the sitting room.  I'd also recommend you bring a DVD player (we brought a small light one with us) and it makes such a difference.

The hotel is very clean and the staff are friendly enough.  There are no tea/coffee facilites but we brought a travel kettle and it's doing the job nicely.  There aren't safes in the room but you can get one down by reception.  They have a key and you have a key and both keys are needed to open it.  It fits my 17" Macbook Pro just about!!!  There's a little outdoor roof terrace which is nice aswell.  It's right in the heart of everything.  approx 3/4 min walk to Sol, Plaza Santa Ana and Plaza Mayor and galleries and Retiro Park a short distance away.  There's a cinema directly across the street.

Details are:
Hotel Medium Cortezo
Doctor Cortezo, 3
28012 Madrid
T:  91 369 01 01
F:  91 369 37 74
www.mediumhoteles.com
[email protected]

Hope that helps

x

/links

·
Registered
632 Posts
Just thought i would get on here to get the accomadation recommendations page back for our new people traveling out to procreatec  ;)

·
Premium Member
2,150 Posts
I will add a link to the Procreatec threads in the sticky at the top of the page :)

Becca

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi all,
Just back from Madrid. Went over for consultation so only stayed 2 days this time. Stayed at the Sunotel Amaral Madrid.  Hotel was perfect for us.  Booked it on travel republic and got a gd rate of €114 in total for 2 nts B&B.  the breakfast was great with a good selection of food.  Eating out we did one night in the city centre and the last night in the Irish Pub (Irish Rover) which was a 5 min walk from Hotel.
On arrival you access metro in the airport.  Follow signs for T1 T2 T3 ( you will also see a metro sign). €2 each from the airport (€1 to everywhere else). get the no. 8 train to Nuevos Ministerios.  Change there to no. 10 train going to Hospital Infanta Sofia-Puerta del Sur towards Tres Olivos.  The station to get off at is called Cuzco.  The hotel is only 5 mins walk from there.
We found google maps great for route to the clinic and other places locally.
All in all it was really easy to get around Madrid.  Although the hotel is not in the center it was so easy to get in and out of town.  The station to get to the center is SOL.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump

So easier to find!!! If anyone has updated suggestions to put on please do!!!

Thanks,

Ruth

·
Registered
632 Posts
Would like to reccomend THE NH EUROBUILDING very close to clinic literally only a 5min walk,large comfortable room and beds,great buffett breakfast with the best fruit juice I have ever tasted, green apple, kiwi and pear flavour  :p  Good selection of bars restauraunts and shops all near by,great pasta restauraunt opposite hotel called Pasta Nostra, not to mention Starbucks, Burger King and TGI Fridays all within walking distance! Also a lot of very plush looking ones with big prices if you fancy something a bit special! This is on the same side of Passeo Castillana as the clinic,so you do not need to get across this huge rd when walking to the clinic,I have now stayed on both sides of Passeo Castillana and they both have lots to offer with regards shops restauraunts etc; But I think this side is my favourite! We got a cab to and from the airport,but I think the nearest metro would be Cuzco and thats about a 5min walk. The hotel staff were polite and helpful and spoke english,it is not the cheapest hotel but you can get good deals,we booked through travel republic and the room they were offering was from late rooms.com, we had been watching the prices of several hotels going up and up as it was a bank holliday week,we were so pleased to get a good deal on this hotel with the breakfast included the day before we flew,and would definatley reccomend it both for comfort and location.  :)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just bumping up so people can update on any recommendations they may have!!

Thanks,

Ruth

·
Registered
596 Posts
We also stayed the same side of the road as the clinic at the AC Aitana.

Was 3 mins walk from the clinic (if that and I'm lazy  ;) )

5 mins from Santiago Stadium.

Bit posh inside lobby and smelt of strawberries  ???

Smart wood decor in room. Very comfy queen bed with 3 mahoosive pillows (DH has bad neck and always moaning but luuuuuurved the bed). Marble + glass bathroom. Free minibar - but just water, coke, juice beer etc. still handy to have when its baking outside.

Very quiet + peaceful.....maybe too much (or is that just me LOL!)

Part of Marriott chain.

Aircon.

No pool.

Brekkie - assorted usual buffet things like cereals, rolls, ham, cheese, smoked salmon, fruit, chocolate rolls plus you order from a separate menu for your eggs, omelettes, frankfurters, sandwiches etc.

Dont drink the stuff but they had one of the machines you put the "pods" in for the coffee with a big selection of "pods" .

Price - about £100 per room per night including brekkie (which apparantely is 20 quid each if you pay for it separately ).

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hiyyah

Bumping this up for those who haven´t seen it as yet and for those who have been out and not posted on this thread please let us know where you stayed and your experiences!!

Thank you!!!!!

Ruth

1 - 20 of 29 Posts