Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hope someone out there can throw some light on this!

I'm due to start downregging in 2 days - CD20 and had my progesterone done today at ARGC to confirm ovulation. I've suspected progesterone issues for a little while, and asked what would happen if my level of progesterone wasn't high enough. The nurse couldn't answer definitively, and sure enough I've just got the result and it's 14!! I had an OPK+ on CD14 so I would have thought my result should have been much higher.  :(
I just spoke to the clinic now and they said repeat again on Friday.

I also got a top line of my "Chicago" immunes, and I have raised NK cells (CD56) at 14.4%. What does that mean? I have idiopathic urticaria and arthrhitis so it's not a huge surprise but what would that indicate as far as fertility?

Am a bit upset - can anyone direct me to the right info? I'll ask on Friday but I'm silently worrying.

G

·
Sorry you have had all this to deal with - it is torture waiting for the numbers I know :-\.....I am not 100% sure but I think the CD56 may be to do with how your body "works with" (or not) progesterone...ask them to explain? I always found with them that if you ask until you are happy they do not mind :)

xxx

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lukey, that's really helpful! I didn't know that the two were related! Do you know where I can find more info? I've just asked for a consultation on friday but they said I could speak to a doc when I have a scan, which I'm not due to have until i start treatment! She said a doc would call me this week sometime but i just wish I knew what was going on!

G

·
Oh I was not saying they are related but I guess they could be thinking about it!....Honestly I would call them back tomorrow and say you would like a v brief chat before the weekend so that you can understand it, as you are worrying....see what they say? :) Try googling "Dr Beer and immunes" in the meantime?.....or post on the immunes board?

xxx

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a good idea. I've still not got the hand of the structure of the board yet! I'll try and read more of Dr.Beers stuff and try and work out the implications of this and what to ask. Blimey, this is complicated! Thanks for listening!

G

·
ooops think I go it wrong!! plug in "Dr Beer and immunology" and take the first repromed site - you will find CD56 easily in his book on this site - all the standard stuff about NKs etc.....good news is they can bring them down!!

xxx

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hollybags try not to worry, i had higher levels of CD56 and i think if i am right, this is the one that effects the uterus and it was controlled really easily by some low dose steroid tablets so if they can sort out your progesterone then you will be fine. xx

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kirstie said:
Hollybags try not to worry, i had higher levels of CD56 and i think if i am right, this is the one that effects the uterus and it was controlled really easily by some low dose steroid tablets so if they can sort out your progesterone then you will be fine. xx
WOW that's great news! Didn't they try and make you go ahead with the IVIG? And do you have any idea how they sort the progesterone?
Brilliant result for you!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hollybags i didnt need any IVIg at all and i have had my immunes checked 3 times now in 15 weeks, my CD56 was 24.4 if i remember right and they gave me prednisilone( along with other meds for other things) which is the one they use for the CD56 and the last time it was checked it was actually below the normal readings. If i had needed IVIg though, i would have had it in a shot, i know people that have only ever had successful treatment with it. I think for the progesterone they will just need to trigger your ovulation or obviously do IVF and then raise your levels with some progesterone injections to make the environment good for any potential baby. Most of us are actually given gestone injections and cyclogest pessaries to boost our progesterone as a matter of course anyway, i was on injections until i was 13 weeks and i still take the pessaries now. SO.... like i said, the outlook is good and you should actually have success in reversing both of these issues!!! :) :) :) :)

Let me now how you get on ^hugme^

xx

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Kirstie! I went for my repeat progesterone today, which I'm pretty sure will be too low - my temps are dropping and I feel really PMTish. I also picked up my full immune results and am sitting here waiting for someone to call me back. The results were:
Cytokines were alright, Histone antibodies were alright, DNA antibody, Cardiolipins, all normal.

NK assay:
50:1        9.8  (Low, should be 10-40)
25:1          3.9  (Low, should be 5-30)
12.5:1      1.1(Low, should be 3-20)

CD56%    14.4 (High, should be 2-12)
CD19+, CD5+ Cells 3.1 (Low, should be 5-10)

IgGs all fine.

So, there we are! The nurse said she thought I'd probably need Ivig and that someone would call me back and let me know. I've just called and said "I thought you closed at 5" but apparently someone will call me at some point!
I've climbed the walls today. Why the hell do I need all this intervention! It's not fair! I know it sounds dramatic but I came out of the clinic with the results and sat on a step and cried, and this lovely Arab lady asked me could she help.

We're supposed to be going to a party tonight, but I still don't know if I can start downregging, still don't know what my progesterone was, and I still don't know what my results mean! And no one has called!!! GGRRRR!
Sorry, this has turned into a rant, I know some have had it much worse, I just never imagined having a baby would be this much effort!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Hun, life just isn't fair sometimes. In fact sometimes it just really sucks but you are in the right place! So many of us have found problems which just weren't diagnosed elsewhere....all those wasted years and all that wasted money I've spent! But don't do that "if only" or "what if" thing - the cards you have been dealt are just that and doing your best with them is all you can do. So let ARGC look after you (even if waiting for calls can be a pain, they do always get there in the end) and here's hoping that they get you a swift BFP.
Good luck
Minow x

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hollybags they will call honey, one friday they caled me at 8pm when i was in an indian restaurant  :-*

As far as the NK's go, from my little knowledge i dont think you will need ivig as your Nk's are all low enough, ivig lowers them you see and they like the top one to be under 12 and yours is 9.8. They will use steroids to lower the CD56 and you wont need alot at all.

DH has just reminded me that the friday they called late was the one i was waiting to find out if i could start DRing so i know exactly how you feel  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Please let me know your results and pass the time by getting ready for your party!! :-*

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thankyou, you're very kind Kirstie! x

They just called with my progesterone result and it's 64! Blimey! So down regs begin first thing tomorrow morning, and they're calling next week with the immuno stuff when Mr.T has seen it. Phew!! I feel miles better!

So, off to the party I shall go! I've been really looking forward to it, cos I bought these jeans which have a nearly magical effect on my figure and even perk my bum up! And tonight is my last glass of wine for hopefully, er, 9 months! 

Have a lovely weekend!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts