Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi please can you answer something thats bothering me..

I was told a long time ago by my GP after 1 of my many blood tests that my progesterone levels were low..After both atempts at IVF they have failed on day 13 (both of them) I have used Cyclogest pesseries both times untill day 12.If i am lacking progesterone anyways if i was to use the pesseries longer would that make any difference? I am due to start my 3rd and probably final attempt in November so would really like to know if this is a silly question or if im on the right track before i ask at the hospital.

Thanks Di xxx

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi Di,

I just did a search 'progesterone' as I've also started thinking about whether low levels can affect a cycle.  I seem to be prone to high levels of oestrogen, and believe that if this is the case, then I may be prone to low levels of progesterone..!? (can anyone confirm this?).  My sister told me that there is a cream you can have and I'm wondering whether to invest. 

Did you get any responses on another thread about progesterone?  Did you ask at your hospital? So far I've had one complete cycle of IVF (in June) and my AF came about a week into the 2ww.  I'm wondering if i can do anything to prevent this in future.

Best of luck with your next cycle

BH xx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Di

Just a quick question - why did you stop taking cyclogest on day 12, was this because you did a test and it was -ive?  My clinic have told me to keep taking cyclogest right up to test day (day 13 after et for me) - IF it's a +ive I will continue taking it for the first 3 months of the pregnancy!  If it's a -ive, I'm to stop taking it right away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don't you find that ACU clinics across the board give massively different advice?.
We got a BFP on our ICSI attempt (how lucky do we feel ^bow^ )  and the consultant wants me to take prog/pess until 16 weeks pregnant. 400mg twice daily.

Maybe you could suggest that if you continued to take them until AF arrives at the worst OR until a later stage of pregnancy if it is achieved?
The worst they can say is no???????

Good luck
Toni

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.