Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lovely ladies

I hope someone can give me some advice as my poor bottom is in a lot of pain, it is literally black and blue... ouch.

I am on my 2ww and have been prescibed extra progesterone support, i have a small bottom and therefore have to use the smaller blue needle to inject. Poor hubby is rather upset as he is the one administering the injections and he can see how bruised i am already, could anyone please advise the best way not to bruise as my bottom resembles a ripe banana!

I inject in the evening and make sure to warm the vial for a short while in my bra so the oil is easier to inject, i alternate the needle sites from right to left and use an ice pack before hand. Am i missing anything out? it also doesnt help that the instructions are in Italian.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Starfish xxx

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
do you think you would bruise less if you didn't use the icepack beforehand?  I would think it MIGHT be easier to jab and to massage the oil into your tissue if the muscle is warm and soft rather than cold and hard - in the same way that it takes less force to do the jab if your butt muscle is relaxed and soft by taking the weight off it?  You could ask your clinic about injecting in the thigh instead/as well to give yourself another area to rotate?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hi Starfish

So sorry you are having such a nightmare with prontogest. I have been using it for around 5 weeks now. I read some fantastic tips on the site which I apply every day and am bruise-free (and 9 times out of 10 painfree too!)

So.... I warm the vial in my bra (under my boob) for 10 mins. While the vial warms I massage the injection site for 10 mins. I massage both bum cheeks for a further 10 mins after injecting (in the evening) I also massage both bum cheeks for 10 mins in the morning. It's an absolute killer on the arms but it's worth it for no pain/lumpy bum or loss of sensation. Like Agate suggests, I don't ice before injecting.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Lulu
xxx

·
Registered
592 Posts
Are you checking that you are injecting into muscle by drawing up needle once inserted to check there is no blood? It is awful to keep doing and you will have lumPs which are sore but I don't think you should have visual bruising. I had this once along with an awful reaction and I think now it wasn't in the right area (too low) and went into fat.

I hope it gets easier for you x

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ladies

Many thanks for your advice, yesterdays injection seemed to go better... seem to be getting better with practice although my bottom still looks a bit like a dart board!  ;)

Lulu 72 - Congratulations on your twin pregnancy, hope you have a wonderful 8 months.

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts