Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
I was supposed to have Prostap on Day 21 ( Friday or Saturday depending on what is CD1, AF came 4.30pm so do I count that as CD1 or the next day as CD1?)
Anyway, I thought there was a good chance I was pg this month so I put off having the injection. Last week the clinic said a week either side of DAy 21 is ok. I called them today and a nurse has just told me that " a couple of days either side of Day 21 *should* be ok"!
I am either on CD23 or CD24. I have an appt with my GP to have the injection in 2 hours! What do you think. Should I go for it or wait another month??
Does anyone know what will happen if it was too late. Do you just DR for longer or can the Prostap just not work??
I know some people get Prostap on CD1, why is this? Do they downreg for a longer time??
Sorry, just so confused, this is my 1st IVF and just don't want to mess things up.
Please help.
Thanks
Claire

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

You count cd1 as the first day of full flow bleeding....ignore any spotting and/or brown old blood...and if full flow red bleeding starts after 3pm then you count following day as cd1.

If you had full flow red bleeding started 4.30pm then you count the following day as cd1.

You can start downregging at the beginning of your cycle eg cd1, 2 etc or around cd21......so if you're only cd23 then if your clinic say it's fine then nothing to worry about.  The length you downreg is irrespective of what cycle day you start.....it depends entirely on how you respond to the drugs....and whether you start at beginning of cycle or around cd21 will have no baring on downreg outcome or success of cycle.

I'd go for the injection today and get started !

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Natasha
THANK YOU so much for the speedy reply!!
I'll try and relax now, really thought I had messed up. I'll have the injection today, 2 hours to go....
Thanks
Claire

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Good luck with your injection today !!! ^reiki^

Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts