Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Do you know if inflammation on prostate gland can affect male fertility? My DH has a low sperm count we had failed icsi in Nov2004. He had checks at this time with ultrasound scans etc and SA. But in last 2 weeks he has had chronic pain near bladder. GP thinks it is inflammation of prostate gland. If this is the case will it reduce sperm count further and will he need further SA before going ahead with another icsi cycle? Any helpfull knowledge would be useful. DH is very down at the moment.
Thanks Charlie mouse

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sperm production actually starts about 9 weeks before coming out so it would be worth having a SA done and maybe freeze it as a backup in case there are knock on affects to the inflamation.

Ruth

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Charlie Mouse,

My DH had a prostate and testicular infection about 5 years ago. He is now azoospermic (no sperm in semen) The Dr seems to think that the infection caused inflammation which has now blocked the tubes. He is having surgical sperm retrieval in 3 weeks time when we really hope and pray they find some sperm. I would really recommend having some sperm frozen now and really wished we had done so 5 years ago

Good luck and best wishes. If you want to IM me, feel free.

lol

mae

·
Registered
444 Posts
Our problem is MF. Our consultant felt it was most likely due to the prostatitis DH had age 26, it was fully treated at the time but seems to have left problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts