Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies been trying hard not to worry but failing miserably so over to you guys for help. I am only 5 weeks pregnant second child first was 15 year ago. Having low just to the right side of pubic bone and groin pain. Its not constant but happening about every 1-5 mins. Its not sharp but an ache. Not due scan till 27th despite having a tummy and big boobs already. Can you use a hot water bottl? I know was not allowed in the 2ww so wondered if ok now.

Any fedback grearly appreciated

Thanks whippet x

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
hi whippet

first congrats on your bfp.

didn't like to read and run but just a thought in your last pregnancy didyou suffer with spd.only asking as the pain you describe is like it.i had it in both pregnancies and in second one it started very early on.(I'm not medically trained)if you are very worried i would go and see your DC or ring hospital and see what they say.also i got told that with second and subsequent babies your body knows what to do so it will start doing it faster this time round hope that makes sense.

janex

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Whippet
Think Jane might be right, I am suffering with the same sort of pain which seems worse in the evening, especially if I've had a busy day.  I've looked at the SPD website and the symptoms match mine.  If you put "pubic bone pain pregnancy" into google it will come up with lots of info which could be helpful in finding out if this is what you have.

Lorna x

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks ladies will look it up it definately comes and goes.

Thanks again

Whippet x

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi honey

It's just those hormones playing havoc again and loosening your ligaments! This can also cause the pelvic bones to separate slightly and can lead to SPD. It's more common the second time round and I had exactly the same pains as you're describing. I thought (and everyone said) it would get worse but it actually (thank goodness) it has improved over the pregnancy, although I still can't walk too far. I found a support belt helped later on, but I'm to big for it now!  :(  If it does get worse ask for a Physiotherapy referral as they can give you exercises to help. Congratulations on your pregnancy  ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts