Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya, my twins are now 8 months now, i was just wondering what kind of puddings they should be having, if any. ive been giving them hipp puds, rice pudding, custard ect just to get more milk in them as they stopped taking their bottles, they'll only drink approx 4ozs at 7am then 3 ozs at 3pm they wont take  a bottle b4 bed then 3 ozs at 10pm which isnt enough milk,and id like to stop their 1pm but until they take more milk i cant! but when i spoke to hv she just shrugged and said not all babies take milk!!!! do you think i should reduce their solids and not give puds and hope they take more milk or give puds?? i dont want then to have too much sugar, they were having petis filous but they r quiet sugary, any advice, thanks
lisa x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Have you tried stopping some of the smaller bottles in the hope they will up the other ones as maybe they just aren't getting hungry? Otherwise just add some grated cheese to their meals or a slosh of milk so they get it that way, then give multivits if you are concerned they aren't getting enough.

On the puddings, I would continue as you are with milky puds. You can get yogurts that are sweetened with grape juice rather than sugar, or alternatively why not give plan fromage frais or natural yogurt with added fruit? Don't worry about them not getting a huge variety - I know my two survived on just yogurt or fruit for pudding for ages and were quite happy!

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Or alternatively no puddings at all! My two get fruit for snacks throughout the day and the occasional yoghurt or biscuit but no regular puddings. If yo do want to keep the mik intake up though and the sugar intake down I would put cheese with as much as possible and stick to plain greek yoghurt (it tastes creamier and "sweeter" as a result) and fruit.

Betty

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Ethan just has fruit or yoghurt for puddings, nothing else! 

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
My Ethan just has fruit or yoghurt too. Occasionnally I will do banana and custard as a treat and if we are out at a restaurant I let him have ice cream.

He has never tired of fruit or yoghurt at home though and is nearly 2.

Nicky x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.