Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning Peter

I'm on my 1st IVF cycle and have so far been stimming with Buserlin and now Gonal F (9 days). I'm due for my 2nd scan on Friday with the possibility of EC early next week.

I've noticed that my weight has gone up by a few good pounds. Is this caused from the IVF drugs or just my own eating habbits.

My history is that I have been dieting and reached my target weight a few months back. Since then I have been able to stablize my weight by the odd pound or too but it seems that I've actually gained more than my average amount since the 2nd part of the drugs.

If its not related to the drugs then I'll re look into my eating plan. Obviously if I'm successful with the IVF then weight gain will be furthest from my mind. If I'm unsuccessful and the weight gain is related to IVF, is it something that sorts itself out or do I have to deit to loose the extra weight.

Many thanks

Ali.x

·
Registered
856 Posts
Happytoddy said:
Morning Peter

I'm on my 1st IVF cycle and have so far been stimming with Buserlin and now Gonal F (9 days). I'm due for my 2nd scan on Friday with the possibility of EC early next week.

Good luck!

I've noticed that my weight has gone up by a few good pounds. Is this caused from the IVF drugs or just my own eating habbits.

The treatment will not effect your weight although you may get slight water retention which may convert into a pound or two.

My history is that I have been dieting and reached my target weight a few months back. Since then I have been able to stablize my weight by the odd pound or too but it seems that I've actually gained more than my average amount since the 2nd part of the drugs.

Sounds diet related to me

If its not related to the drugs then I'll re look into my eating plan. Obviously if I'm successful with the IVF then weight gain will be furthest from my mind. If I'm unsuccessful and the weight gain is related to IVF, is it something that sorts itself out or do I have to deit to loose the extra weight.

Don't worry about it for now unless you are clinically overweight, a few pounds here and there does not really matter. Don't diet when you get pregnant.

Good luck!!

Peter
Many thanks

Ali.x

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having the same problem. I have put almost a stone, and have finished the treatment, just on the 2ww, but feel really bloated and fat. I hope it is the drugs, but there again I have been conefort eating too, to relieve the stress. Are you similar Ali?

Ememda x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts