Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I started to suffer from PMS after DS was born and have mainly relied on Starflower oil as an aid to reduce the symptoms, however, for a while now, I've realised, its not really helping as much as I'd like  :-\ .  I suffer mainly from mood swings  :mad: .  I recently read alot about the benefits of the above vitamin, but I just have a few questions to any of you who do take this for PMS.
Do you take it daily or just for the 2 weeks prior to AF?
What strength tablet?
Also, as we're hoping to start another cycle in Spring next year, is it safe to take with the meds? 

Thanks in advance
DJ

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
I don't really know the answers to any of your questions as it's only really just occured to me that I'm suffering with PMS so it's early days for me but I did get some info from my GP about Vit B6, this is what  it says:

"Vit B6 (pyridoxine) is part of the normal diet, but extra amounts are thought to help with PMS. However, the evidence to support this is still conflicting. You can take the vitamin tablets either in the two weeks before periods, or every day. NOTE: do NOT take more than the recommended does of 10mg a day, as too much can be harmful"

I just thought I'd mention that last bit in case you didn't know.

Can you GP help re starting a new cycle?

Haven't helped much, sorry

B xxx :-*

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply B - I did read about the potential side effects, although alot of websites mention that it is possibly harmful in doses over 100mg when taken long term.  To be honest I ordered 50mg tablets but haven't started taking them, as I am a bit nervous.....thinking perhaps I should now order 10mg first - see if they make a difference and then go from there...just really hoping these work...hate these irrational mood swings  ^bigbad^

Thanks again B

1 - 3 of 3 Posts