Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If my results come back less than 30 does that mean there is no chance, or still a small possibility??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hiya,

My day 21 progesterone was 29.4 nmol, and then on day 24  was 26.1nmol. ( day 24, as i ovulate late).

I still got pregnant with these levels. I was put on cycolgest 400mh twice a day.

what are your results?

Knights1

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

What Progesterone support have you been given ??? 

I know some clinics don't test the progesterone level, ours didn't. I was just given Cyclogest for the ^2ww^

Wishing you lots of luck

x x x x

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks you two,  makes me worry a bit less.
i havent got the results back yet I went today for the test so should get back thur/fri.
The only reason I was worrying is back in dec I had day 21 test and it was 25
but they tested on day 24 and my af started day 27.
Ive had iui unmediated apart from pregnyl jab onday of basting.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
The accuracy of this test is very much cycle dependant, e.g. if you have a 28 day cycle then day 21 is the right day for your to be tested, my cycles are erratic therefore the month I got pg with my ds my progesterone test came back at 16 (because it was the wrong day in the month).

I hope this makes some sense.

Bev x

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks,  I suppose Im just worrying :(
I have a 28 day cycle but very occasionally it is 27 days.

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Progesterone peaks at 7dpo so if you had a level of 29.4 nmol/l on cd21 and then 26.1 nmol/l on cd24 then this would indicate that you ovulate earlier rather than later as your levels are dropping rather than increasing.

Obviously I'm not medically qualified and this is purely going by what I've been told and what I've read over the years.

As your cycles are 27/28 days, it's possible that perhaps you ovulate around cd12/13 so if you'd had your progesterone tested on cd19/20 then you would have had a progesterone level higher than 29.4 nmol/l as this is level is only just below the 30 nmol/l that they look for to indicate ovulation.

Your luteal phase (from ovulation to AF) is not always 14 days....that's a complete myth...they can be anywhere between 10 - 17/18 days and still be classed as normal.

Good luck ^reiki^
Natasha

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm interesting..  I got my LH surge on day 12 and it was still there on day 13, so suppose could ovulated then
thanks minxy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts