·
Premium Member
608 Posts
^shake^

;D

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm not ^scared^ just feel tired and I'm starting to feel like ^pig^ with all the rubbish I've been eating :-[

I'm now wishing I could have a good ^drink^ a ^PumpkinSmoking^ and last but not least a good ^hump^ as it's getting boring if you see what I mean ::)

Nice to see everyone's well, Eden lovely to see you're ok and hoping you get a ^BFP^, I've also read that Roseline has had a ^BFP^ so wishing you loads of luck hun if you're reading this ???

Hi to my usual girls, sorry for being so boring tonight but to be honest not a great deal has happened since I last did personals :-[ I think I scared them off Lou not you :eek:

SarahTM, Aaliyah wants every single balloon you put on your profile!! ;)

And whoever stole the SUN I demand to have it right back ^bigbad^ OK, pleassssssssssssse...... ;D

Love to all,

Sam :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Samia said:
And whoever stole the SUN I demand to have it right back ^bigbad^ OK, pleassssssssssssse...... ;D
Here here Sam!! I want it back too :mad: It was so nice not having to dress up in coats etc last week :)

Rachel x

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Sam, I was so cold yesterday I put my boots on for work,  :mad: and we nearly put the heating on. And we went to bed early to watch the tele from under the duvet! What is going on?!! Freezing me knockers off!!! Ah not too long now before you can have yourself a blooming good drink! Hope you're not succumbing to the evil weed though....................  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^

I had a bit of excitement on Sat. I had acupuncture in the morning, and not long after I had some heavy bright red spotting (sorry TMI I know) which was really odd. Normally my pre AF spotting is dark brown.... sorry tmi.... but when I had my natural pg in Sardinia, I got exactly the same, then there was no spotting at all.... I thought OMG it might be an implantation bleed, and around the right sort of time too. However, I have since been having the usual AF signs, and brown spotting, so all a bit of a false alarm.... grrrrrrrr. I'm getting soooo bored with knicker checking!  :( :( :( :( :(

Anyway will keep it brief this time, hi to everybody else, Liz, Sarah TM, SArah L, any news??? Meadey, Tanya, Daffodil, Eden, Beetle, Rachel and all the rest I have missed........ Meadey, any news on the scan????

Bye for now
Love
Lou

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi girilies,

Rachel, have you been hiding it  ;D ??  ;D  I got some of it today so feeling a bit better: the only thing is I don't have any coats or jackets that will fit me anymore and I refuse to buy one as I think it would be a waste of money  :)

Lou, we've put the heating back on in dd's room and the living room for the evening as the same as you guys watching tv and being cold is not nice!!  The only thing is that right now we are in what's gonna be dd's room as we've had our room's ceiling replastered and we've taken the old wallpaper off and waiting for the whole room to be painted now!!  Maybe at the week-end if hubby doesn't run away to play tennis!!  I don't think it's dawned on him that I've only got about 10 weeks left!!  Oh well that's men for you I guess  ::) All this to say we haven't got a tv in the bedroom yet!!

How's everybody??

Love,

Sam  :-* :-*

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Hello everyone

Yay! The sun has come back out again  ^sunny^ (although the flip flops are still packed away!)

Sam – blimey, only 10 weeks to go – it seems to have flown by! How are you feeling – well and happy I hope? Drove past your work the other day so gave you a wave – don’t recall you waving back though!  ^wave^ ;D

Lou – keeping my fingers crossed that the knicker checking will not be necessary and another Sardinia styley surprise is in the offing! ^pray^
Hope you managed to hang onto your knockers and they didn’t get frozen off – you may need them very soon!!! ;D ;D ;D

SarahTM – what did QM’s say about your FET? Will they let you go for an unmedicated FET this month?
Hope you have a very wild weekend out in Valencia with your sister et al – look forward to hearing all about it – LOOK OUT VALENCIA! :eek: :eek: :eek:

SarahL – OMG you must have your twins by now so please, please, please let us know how you and they are! ^clapping^ ^clapping^

Beetle – think this is your last week at work isn’t it? 2 more full days to go – bet you can’t wait.  ^banana^ How is it all going with you?

Tanya – how is Bonnie/Bertie? Has the morning sickness subsided yet? Hope everything is going splendidly!  ^spin^

Meadey – how is everything going with you? Please update us and how you (and bump) are and fingers crossed for a fab scan next week! ^goodluck^

Daffodil – just to say that I hope your follow up this week is a good one. Let us know how you get on ^afro^

Toffeecat – not long to go now until your QM’s appointment. Are you just holding off making any decisions until you have this appointment. Hope it’s a good one for you and DH :-*

Eden – wishing you loads of luck with your next cycle. Fingers crossed! ^reiki^

Have I missed anyone?

Well my downregging starts this Saturday – sniffing again  :( as the concensus from QM’s is that it is easier to control and do something about if it doesn’t work whereas the Prostap is more difficult to work with.
Of course sod’s law dictates that we have yet another social gathering this weekend whilst I’m discreetly trying to snort my drugs - plus we’re flying so I may need to explain about my drugs haul!  ::)

If I don’t speak to you all again, have a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend

Liz
x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi there

I've recently started treatment at QM and am three weeks into down-regulating on Suprecur. Today I've been for my first scan expecting to start injections today and found that the sniffing is not working. I really wasnt ready for dealing with failure at this stage and feel like someone punched me !

I've spent ages this afternoon trying to find some comment on how often this happens but am new to the website. I think I saw some comment from some QM ladies though on Suprecur and was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom for me.

The nurse has told me to continue for another week, is it likely that my womb lining will have thinned by then ? I thought you needed to get AF for that. Am a bit confused. Was feeling positive before but dont feel that way now. Fed up of bad news.

You all look like your'e great friends so I hope you dont mind me butting in......

Wx

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Hi WendyP

Come on over to the QM's thread - everyone's lovely:

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=140919.0

Yes there has been quite a bit of discussion about Buserelin (Suprecur) - including the last post from me! I've had it four times now and it has worked for me although I have always had to sniff for longer than the initial dates set by QM's, as my AF has been late (but then I have PCOS and erratic AF's anyway!). The only problem with this is that it messes up scan, EC and ET dates but as I've accepted that that is part and parcel with me, I just get on with it and go with the flow.

I know that there was a time when quite a few of the QM's girls had a bad time with sniffing not working and I think they all were offered Prostap instead but when I asked about it for this upcoming tx, I was advised that it was better to stick with Suprecur. I'm not entirely sure why - other than QM's telling me that it was easier to control - think my last cycle saw me going into my fourth bottle (my sinuses weren't impressed!).

When you say that it's not working - what do you mean? Has it not turned everything off and are your ovaries still responding, or do you mean that you haven't had AF yet?

Hope that another week of sniffing will sort it all out for you and wishing you loads and loads of luck for this cycle

Liz
x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Wendy

I've merged your post with the active running thread for Queen Marys :)

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
God you're quick Minxy!  ;D ;D ;D

x

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh what a relief to speak to someone who knows what I'm talking about ! Fed up feeling like an amateur gynae to friends & family  :)

Started sniffing on day 21 and my cycle is usually 28 days. AF came late on day 31 (ah for the days when that would have been exciting !). Sniffing for 3 weeks today because of bank hols and the scan showed that my lining was thick, I think Katie the nurse said 4.5mm instead of less than 1mm but could be wrong.

She also checked and there was an egg developing although a little confused. Does that mean I'm still going to ovulate do you think ? Confused because that would be now and have had a couple of little twinges today, which I do get sometimes when ovulating.

Natasha - Spent the last 10 mins wondering where my message had gone  ^idiot^, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Hope I can find you all in future !

Wendy

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Hi Wendy

I'm going to sound completely rubbish, as I'm not sure what that means for you, as it sounds as though you have had your AF but you still have some lining left - are you still bleeding or do you mean that the scan showed that a new lining has thickened up ready for ovulation? (Sorry I'm being a bit thick!)

If it's any help at all, on my last tx cycle I was sniffing Suprecur for 3weeks before AF showed (on day 42) and then I had my deferred scan a week later and started stimming then, staying sniffing the Suprecur until my trigger shot which I think ended up being a total of 41 days snorting away on my bottles (38 days total on my previous cycle to that).

Reading your reply, it sounds as though you may be in a different situation as it looks as though you possibly haven't shut down properly (which I really hope isn't the case! ^pray^), in which case I'm sure one of the other girls can help as I think this happened to them too, didn't it - SarahTM, Sam, Beetle???

Good luck

Liz
x

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hi Wendy,

A quick one from me as I'm at work  :)

Sniffing didn't work for me as Liz has just said and even though they made me sniff one more week it didn't do the trick  :'( and I ended up having to have the prostap injection  :(  which works all the time!! Shuts you down well and proper  ;)  I just wish QM used it all the time and learn from the past experiences  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  Hope it doesn't come to that with you: you didn't necessarily need a bleed: your body can reabsorbe some of the lining if that makes any sense  ^idiot^
Good luck hun and hello girls.

Love

Sam  :-* :-*

P.S: 18 more working days for me until Maternity Leave kicks in: YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
WendyP said:
Natasha - Spent the last 10 mins wondering where my message had gone ^idiot^, thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Hope I can find you all in future !
I did send you a PM (personal message) including the link to let you know what I'd done :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Feeling alot better today. Needed a 'poor me' day.

Liz, I did get AF almost as expected in my normal cycle. I think Katie explained that I may not have shut down as it should and that even though I was sniffing, cycle continued as normal. Still, we'll see in a week.

Decided that one injection is surely better than all this sniffing business so am ready to accept that if its the case next week.

Sam, thanks for your message. Feels good to know that even though you needed the big bad injection, you are on the last few days til you go on maternity leave. Fingers crossed I'll get there one day.

Thank you so much for replying to me and hope you all have a lovely lovely bank holiday weekend. Have a wedding to go to so cant fail to be in a good mood this weekend. Plus, I look kick a**e in my bridesmaid dress, have to try hard not to outglam the bride !

Wx

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.