3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home!  ;)

Happy chatting! xx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Annthos,

Wish you all the luck with your 2ww hope your getting on alright!

Are you staying at home during your 2ww?

loads of
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

For you!

x
Carmen  ^ladybird^

·
Registered
806 Posts
Morning Ladies,

Our first appointment with the consultant is in a week's time (23rd)  ;D and I'm wondering what to expect. We've already seem the nurse, had varous blood tests, DH has done 2 SAs (has been daignosed with azoospermia) and I've also had 2 scans (so far so good for me we think) - and it feels like we've been waiting an age for this appointment. Hence I don't want to come away from it feeling like nothing's momved forward. I've made a list of loads of questions I have and am going to take that with me but I'm worried that due to DH's situation they'll just tell us that they have to do more tests (and then I worry that they've found something which means they know there aren't any wrigglers full stop or else wouldn't they have sent DH for more tests already?)

I know most of you are further ahead than me in this process so would welcome and advice / tips you may have. or even just an idea of what to expect... obviously I'm hopeing that they'll say we can start next cycle but I'm worried that if they don't I'll get really down about it all again and will just drive myself  ^idiot^ hence I'd rather be prepared!

thank you for your help & hope you're all doing ok
lol
S
xxxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Guys,

Carmen I work from home ( european financial controller ) and am trying to keep resting as much as possible.  Eg Ladies Day at Ascot/York today was brill!!  It's the end of week one today.  I must admit it's been OK.  Strange as it may seem the girls on the 2ww board are extremely nervous and this is making me think - that's not good for ye and it's making me stronger to hold on to as much positive fibe as I can.  God I hope this last into next week...

Tibbelt I hope your appointment goes well.  As they have effectively identified some problem to justify the IVF/ICSI route my guess is they'll let you go ahead.  My experience with them is that if you give a clear indication as to what YOU want, they go along with it unless there is a clinical reason not to.  After my first consult they did do more tests a Lap & the other one beginning with H under GA.  But that was because the dye test showed some abnormality - which BTW turned out to be nothing.

Take care one and all

Ann xx

·
Registered
806 Posts
Many thanks Ann for your advice! I must admit I'm getting myself a bit wound up with it all but am going to try to just be patient!!! Easier said than done eh?!!! ;D I think you're right that the boards sometimes make it harder but they're also a godsend so it's a matter of being determind I guess.

Good luck with part 2 of your 2ww! sending you lots of babydust! 
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

have a lovely weekend
S
xxx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi,

Tibbelt good luck tomorrow !! Hope things are going to move forward now for you.  ^reiki^

Ann how are you doing? Is it almost test time for you?  ^2ww^

Raggy, I hope you are feeling a bit better  ^hugme^

Emma lou how are you?  ^hello^

Everyone else, I hope you are all doing ok!!

x
Carmen  ^ladybird^

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Girls,

Carmen test day is Thursday but have strong AF pains at the mo with some spotting so I think it's all over for us this time.  I've decided to do a test in the morning.  Megga depressing ho hum.

How are things with you? 

Raggy have you guys decided what your going to do for your next cycle?

Hope you consultationg goes well for you S.

Take care one and all.

Ann

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Ann,

Don't give up hope yet! Quite a few ladies out here that had AF pain  and still got a BFP.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Good luck !!
x
Carmen

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thanks Carmen but unfortunately it wasn't to be.  Spoke with Katie this morning and for now it's all over..  Have arranged an appointed on the 11th July to talk things over. 

Might check out the counseling service - do you know anything about that?  Its supposed to be free for three consults but I think it was Claire that said that the counselor is not well or something like that.

Anyway,  Going to go away for the weekend and shower ourselves with TLC.

Take care one and all.

Ann

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Ann,

I am really sorry to hear that, I hope for you that it still would have been positive. ^hugme^ ^hugme^

I am afraid I do not know about the counseling service.

Take care and try to give yourself as much TLC as possible.

x
Carmen

·
Registered
806 Posts
Ann - I'm so sorry honey! Look after yourself and take care (lots of being spoilt required I think!)

^hugme^  ^hugme^  ^hugme^
lol
S
xxxx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Tibbelt,

How did your appointment go yesterday? Did you get dates etc?

x
Carmen

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hiya Carmen,
Thank you for remembering!  ^hugme^

It went well thanks  ;D - had a long chat with Dr Sullivan and then went to see Nick at the ACU (but ended up seeing a blond lady, don't even know what her name was?!) We don't have all our results back yet (still waiting for DH's karyotype, apparently that can take 100 days, and CF) but all our hormone levels look good (apparently I'm ovulating effieciently !) and DH's FSH is 6 (which I think is good and Dr S. seemed to think that it indicated that DH is probably probably producing wrigglers but that he's got a blockage due to a childhood infection (his Mum can't remember anything but he was at boarding school for most of the time and I don't think anyone there would have bothered if he was ill  ::) !! He says he does remember having swollen glands and the school nurse telling him to take 2 asprin and to pull himself together! I do wonder now if it was mumps) can't believe how the school didn't look after them  ^bigbad^

Anyway the next step is to go back to see once of the docs at the ACU (on the 12th July) and then they'll refer us to the bridge for DH to have pesa (or tesa etc) and then we have to wait.

They think I've got a small polyps (sp?!) so I've got to have a lap and the waiting list is 5 months (can't afford to go private on top of everything else!) so it'll probably be new year before we can start cycling. But in a way I'm quite relieved, at least now we have a timeline and some hope! I'd pretty much given up on that front I think!!! So we're going to use the next 6 months to have DH's test etc, my lap and to get really healthy! and we're going to treat ourselves to a holiday (my cousin is getting married in Sydney so I think we're going to go!! can't wait!!!)

sorry - for the long post, hope you haven't fallen asleep  ;) !!! how's things with you? hope you're enjoying the weather!
lol
S
xxxx
p.s. hello to everyone else!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hello all! is anyone out there ;D ??? How are you all doing?

sorry my last post was such a 'me' post - hope I didn't scare everyone away!
lol
S
xxxx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Tibbelt,

don't worry, I am still here !! But I have been quite busy lately and my rsi is playing up big time so typing is bit painfull.

Sorry to see that you have to do more tests.. but you are right at least you have a timeline. My DP and me where arguing a bit the other day about which days we should go on a holiday etc. but I first want to know what or next step is going to be.. hopefully we are going the hear this tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone out there

x
Carmen

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hiya Carmen!
RSI - you poor thing, hope it feels better soon.

& Good luck for today!!!!!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

let me know how you get on!
lol
S
xxxx
p.s. sorry - dashing to a meeting, will check back later.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi Carmen - just wanted to say I hope your appointment went well today!

Sneding you lots of positive vibes!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

'talk' to you tomorrow
S
xxx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Tibbelt,

Thanks!!

My appointment was ok. We have to wait another 3 months as my DP need to do more bloodtest and have to wait for the result of these and the results of the urologist  :(. I had a bit of hope that we would be able to start treatment soon. But I am afraid that next time if we go back we have to do more test. What kind of test did you and your DP have to do?

Hope everything is well with you!  :)

x
Carmen

·
Registered
806 Posts
Hi Carmen, sorry you're having to wiat for more tests - it's enough to drive you ^idiot^ isn't it?! What tests do you have to go back for?

My DH and I have had a number of blood tests for hormone levels - all of which seem normal and DH has had bloods for CF and a karyotype (that's the one which looks at the chromosomes and take 100 days!), we're still waiting for the results of the last 2 (should have them on the 12th July)... I've also had 2 ultrasound scans and a hsg... that's where they think they might have found a polypse hence my awaiting my lap now. Got a letter from the hospital yesterday and have my assessment appt on the 12th too (seems like you have to have an appointment before your appointment at each step of the way!!!)
oh and DH has had 2 SAs too of course (both came back with zero count  :'( ), he's having another (3rd time lucky  ;D ??) on the 6th... and then he's got to see the urologist and then the Bridge for psea / tesa... not sure how long that will take but as the waiting list for my lap is aobut 6 months I guess we've got time!

At first all this waiting was driving me  ^bigbad^ mad but I've decided that it's better to take the time to have as much info as we can and to fix anything we can before we start icsi... it also means we have the time to get really healthy and on top form before we make that leap into treatment!!! I reackon it'll give us the best chance we can possibly have!

Try and be patient honey, I know it's not easy (there's days when I think I'm going to go totally do-lally with it all.. though some would say I already have  ^roflmao^ ) but good things come to those who wait! and I'm here any time you need an ear!

look after yourself and big  ^hugme^ 's
lots of love
S
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi S,

Thanks for your positive reply! You are right better having all the info before treatment.

Sorry to hear that you dp sa test came back with zero count hopefully they will find something the 3rd time! Let hem take loads of vitamines  :)

My DP has retrograde so his  ^sperm^ is going into his bladder. He had sperm in his sa although the motility was low, but they said it is good enough for icsi.

I wish you good luck with your appointment on the 12th and thanks for listening to me moaning  ;D

x
Carmen

1 - 20 of 244 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.