Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HERE GOES WITH Q OF S BIRTH STORY TYPED ONE HANDED WITH BABY QUEEN SAT ON KNEE. THIS COULD TAKE SOME TIME……….

AFTER VARIOUS ATTEMPTS AT BRINGING ON MY OWN LABOUR BY WALKING, CURRY, PINE APPLES AND HELPING DH LIFT FLOOR BOARDS I FINALLY DECIDED TO GIVE IN AND MAKE DH HAVE IT!!  ^hump^
HE WAS A LITTLE SHOCKED AT THOUGHT OF HAVING TO MAKE LOVE TO A SPACE HOPPER BUT HE DID THE DEED BEAUTIFULLY AS THE NEXT DAY WHILST  TRECKING ROUND A CAR BOOT SALE MY WATERS BROKE.
THOUGHT I HAD PEED MYSELF AT FIRST BUT AFTER TWO TRIPS TO THE TOILET I DECIDED MY PELVIC FLOOR MUSCLES COULD NT BE THAT BAD AND SO WE HEADED FOR THE HOSP. AFTER GETTING OUT OF CAR IN CAR PARK, MY WATERS DEFINITELY GAVE IN AND HAD TO STAND THERE IN A PUDDLE WHILST IT ALL GUSHED DOWN MY LEGS. BET IT WASN’T THE FIRST TIME THAT HAD HAPPENED BUT AT LEAST THE ATTENDANT FELT SORRY FOR ME AND LET US OFF WITHOUT HAVING TO GET A PARKING TICKET. BARGAIN..

SO WAS ADMITTED TO HOSP ON SATURDAY NIGHT AND WAITED….
ON SUNDAY AT ABOUT 2 OCLOCK DH CAME TO VISIT AND WE SAT OUT SIDE IN THE HOSP GARDEN ENJOYING THE SUN. NEXT MINUTE WHAM THE CONTRACTIONS STARTED.. WHO EVER SAYS THEY BUILD UP GRADUALY TELLS LIES BECAUSE IMMEDIATELY MINE WERE A COUPLE OF MINUTES APART. COULD HARDLY GET BACK UP THE LIFT TO THE WARD AND BY THE TIME I DID GET THERE I WAS IN TEARS. WHAT A WOOS.!!

WAS TAKEN DOWN TO LABOUR SUITE WITHIN THE HOUR AND WAS TOLD I WAS ABOUT 5 CM DILATED.  I WAS GIVEN GAS AND AIR BUT I DIDN’T RATE IT, BUT THAT’S ALL I HAD AT THAT TIME SO I GOT STUCK IN. AFTER WHAT SEEMED LIKE AN AGE THE EPIDURAL MAN CAME AND GAVE ME THE BUSINESS.

FANTASTIC THAT WAS UNTIL I REALISED THAT LIKE LEANNE IT HADNT WORKED PROPERLY. ONLY HALF MY BODY WAS NUMB AND I COULD STILL FEEL THE OTHER HALF. THEY DECIDED THEY WANTED TO DO IT AGAIN IN CASE I NEEDED A C SECTION AND THEY WANTED ME TOTALLY NUMB. AND I SHOULD THINK SO!!.

HOWEVER EPIDURAL MAN HADNT CHECKED MY PLASMA LEVEL BEFORE GIVING ME THE FIRST EPIDURAL AND AS  IT WAS LOW HE WAS NT ALLOWED TO REMOVE IT AND GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE. HE TOLD ME I MIGHT BLEED INTO MY SPINE. ^scared^  THAT SCARED ME AS HAD VISIONS OF BEING PARALYSED AND TRYING TO BRING UP TWINS.

WE HAD TO WAIT TILL MY PLASMA LEVELS WENT BACK UP AGAIN. BUT NO ONE KNEW WHEN THAT WOULD BE.. MIDWIFE SAID THEY NORMALLY RETURN TO NORMAL AFTER GIVING BIRTH. BUT THAT WOULD BE A LITTLE LATE WOULD NT IT!!!.

SO THEY DECIDED TO CHECK MY PLASMA LEVELS IN CASE THEY HAD GOT IT WRONG. ABOUT SIX HOURS LATER AND TWO BLOOD TESTS TO THE LAB  THEY FOUND OUT MY PLASMA LEVEL WAS ACTUALLY NORMAL.  BY THIS TIME I HAD FIGURED OUT HOW TO USE THE GAS AND AIR PROPERLY AND WAS AS HIGH AS A KITE.. IT’S A BIT OF A BLUR NOW BUT IT WAS DECIDED TO PUMP MORE DRUGS INTO THE EPIDURAL TO MAKE IT AS GOOD AS THEY COULD WHICH WAS BEARABLE. I REMEMBER SOME ONE SAYING THAT IF I DID NEED A C SECTION AT SOME TIME THEY WOULD JUST KNOCK ME OUT COMPLETELY . BUT BY KNOW I DIDN’T CARE.

SO AT 10PM ISH I STARTED PUSHING AND OLIVER CAME OUT AT 11.14PM. I DON’T THINK I HELD HIM AT THAT TIME, I WAS TOO SPACED OUT AND THIS MAN SNOOK ALONG SIDE MY BED AND JUMPED ON MY BELLY TO STOP NUMBER 2 TWIN FROM GOING ASTRAY.

SO DH HELD OLIVER WHILST ALL AND SUNDRY THEN STARTED TO PROBE AROUND MY INSIDES IN SEARCH OF MEGAN.

ONE DOCTOR PUT HIS ARM UP, YES HIS ARM MY DH TOLD ME!!  AND SAID
“ OH I CAN FEEL A HEAD”,

THEN THE NEXT DOCTOR HAD A GO AND SAID

“ NO IT’S A HEAD AND A LEG”,

THEN THE THIRD DOCTOR HAD A GO AND SAID

“ NO IT’S A HEAD, TWO LEGS AND AN ARM”! 

SO IT WAS APPARENT THAT MEGAN WAS A BIT OF A GYMNAST AND WAS COMING DOWN THE BIRTH CANAL HEAD FIRST BUT ALSO WITH HER FEET ABOVE HER HEAD AND ONE ARM. DON’T ASK ME HOW SHE MANAGED THAT! SO THEY DECIDED THIS WAS NO GOOD AND I WOULD NEED THE C SECTION.

I REMEMBER LOOKING AT THE CLOCK AND IT WAS ABOUT 11.30PM AND I WAS THINKING IVE GOT TO GET A MOVE ON OR THEY ARENT GOING TO HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY.

THEY WHISKED ME OFF TO THEATRE AND AGAIN EVERTHING WAS A BLUR BUT I REMEMBER THEM TELLING ME TO START PUSHING AGAIN. SO I DID AND MEGAN BLESS HER POPPED OUT.

THEY HAD VONTOOSED HER AND SUCKED HER OUT HEAD FIRST. WA HAY!!!!!!!!! BARGAIN NO C SECTION. SHE WAS A BIT SICKLY BUT WAS FINE. AND BORN AT 0008 AM  THE NEXT DAY. DAMN TWO BIRTH DAY PARTIES TO ORGANISE.

NEXT HOUR WAS SPENT  STITCHING ME UP. I DARENT ASK HOW MANY BUT I DIDN’T CARE ANY WAY. IT MUST HAVE BEEN QUITE A FEW AS THE NEXT FEW DAYS WERE SPENT WALKING FUNNY, SITTING ON A CUSHION AND PUTTING ICE PACKS IN MY PANTS.AND MY FLOOPEE WAS THE SIZE OF A MELON.

I SPENT A WEEK IN HOSP  AS I WAS TRYING TO BREAST FEED BUT HAD NO MILK , OR FORE MILK. IN FACT I HAD NOTHING. I HAD TO CUP FEED THEM WHILST I WAITED FOR MY MILK TO COME IN.

AFTER 4 DAYS THE BABY DOCTOR SAID HE WAS WORRIED ABOUT MEGAN AS SHE HAD LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT SO AT THIS POINT I DITCHED THE BREAST FEEDING IDEA AND PUT THEM STRAIGHT ON THE BOTTLE. THEY BOTH THEN STARTED TO GAIN A BIT OF WEIGHT.
THE NEXT DAY MY MILK CAME IN. SODS LAW. BUT I STUCK TO THE BOTTLE AND AM GLAD I DID NOW.

SO THAT’S MY BIRTH STORY. THANK GOD FOR THE EPIDURAL IS ALL I CAN SAY!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Queen!
What a fantastic birth story! Wow, you  were lucky to get away with not having to have the C sec for Megan. Hope all is well now.

Take care
Lorraine

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi

What a great birth story, so glad to hear Megan and Oliver are doing just fine. 

Hope you are well too and coping with your 2 bundles of fun!

Keri
x

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^
Congratulations on the long-awaited arrival of
Megan and Oliver!

^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkboy^ ^babycrawl^ ^storkgirl^ ^babycrawl^

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi QofS!

Well if your waters break in certain places I've heard you get free bits and bobs!

Is the same true of car boots?

Often wondered what happens if twinnies are born on different days but at least they have a day to celebrate each!

Glad you rated the epidural and congratulations on the births of your son and daughter!

Congrats!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Queen - have you thought of a career as a comedian once the twins get a bit older?!
I agree with you about the contractions not building up - my waters broke, 1.5 hours later, I was at the hospital with contractions 3 minutes apart and 5cm dilated as well!
Hope the need for ice cubes (other than in a drink!) has reduced
Love
Jane
XX

·
Registered
237 Posts
Queen - you tell it brilliantly!!  ;) Made me chuckle  ;D You've gotta print that off and keep it!

You did so well and sounds lilke you kept your sense of humour, which I think is so important and really helps. Bet your so chuffed with yourself...big pat on the back for you and bonus - no c-section to recover from...great! Can't believe megan and oliver will have different birthdays though, but then that will be nice for them when they get older...two cakes...two parties..etc etc!!!

Anyway, hope your nether reigons are recovering without too much pain.
Take care
Jen xx

·
Registered
455 Posts
Fantastic birth story Queeny, lmao most of the way through... you told the story great!

Glad you're all ok now,

Love to you all

Catch & Angie
xxx

G

·
Queen

Great birth story, I can totally sypathise about the stitches - I pushed that hard and Campbell was 9lb 15oz that I did literally split my difference - ouch  ;D
glad you're all doing well

love

Sarah Lou xxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.