Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just a few ramblings here.

I figure I should ovulate this week at some point, if all goes well and my cycle doesn't go screwy with clomid.

However, how do I know without doing an OPK?  I'm feeling a few funny twinges around that area from time to time, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

I find it a bit odd that my gynae gave me 4 months of clomid and isn't going to monitor if I ovulate or not.  I had 2 x 21 day progesterone tests, one where I ovulated, one where I didn't.

He did give me a day 3 blood test too (at least I think that is what it is, his writing like all doctors is just a mad scribble!).  Not sure what that is to test to be honest.

/hugs

Maddie  ^cat^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Maddie

I'd assume that the day 3 bt is for FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) & LH (luteal hormone) which can indicate your ovarian reserve...I could be completely wrong but this is when I had mine done.

As for OPK's I can't really help I'm afraid as I don't use them...however, since an OPK detects the LH surge which happens just before ovulation, I'd suggest starting using them from around CD10 onwards...you would usually ovulate around 24-36 hours after the LH surge.

I always used to have 28 day cycle, then alternate months went a bit out of sync & then even this month on Clomid was 2 days longer...but generally we were told to have ^BMS^ every day (very least every other day) from CD10 until CD17 as this should cover....

Not sure if I've helped ???
Good luck & take care
Natasha

·
Premium Member
10,520 Posts
Hi Maddie  :)

I had day 21 bt monitoring whilst on clomid to check they were working and when I finally ovulated on the higher dose thats stopped and I'm just off trying them now.  Some girls have scans etc but it tends to vary from doctor to doctor.

OPK's like Natasha says can predict your ovulation is about to happen so you could try that.  clomid can change your usual cycle though so be aware that your ov could come earlier or later than when it did pre-clomid.  If you get jiggy jiggy every other day from day 10 (for a 28 day cycle) and keep going you should cover the right time.    If you count back 14 days from your AF due date this would give you a rough time of when you would ov too.  Clomid can also make the ovulation twinges/stabbing more pronound too.

Good luck  ^reiki^

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks  :)

It just seemed when I saw the consultant in mid July there was alot of stuff to take in.

Although he seemed informative and nice, I was pretty shell shocked when I left, clasping onto information sheets, prescriptions, blood test paperwork and a sperm sample bottle lol.

I'm pretty sure what you have said about the 3 day test is right, it rings a bell.  Well anyway, I can just go along and get my blood tested on day 3 and just let them test away for whatever it is  ;)

/hugs

Maddie  ^cat^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.