Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer this but I'm hoping there is an explanation somewhere!

I have a doppler and last night while we were listening to the heartbeat, it slowed down to almost nothing and then speeded up again, getting quite fast before going back to the 'regular' beat.  Hubby thinks that the baby just moved slightly but I have now been listening to it almost everyday for the last five weeks and have not heard anything like this before.  I thought I'd be able to tell the difference if it had just moved out of the way.  I listened again about half an hour later and then again this morning and it sounds like it always has done.  It just really scared me last night and I was awake most of the night worrying about it.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? 

Thanks
love to you all
Sally
xxxx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks Woppa xxx
Hubby wanted me to go to the hospital last night just to put my mind at ease but I didn't want to feel silly if the little one is just moving around!!  :-[
My midwife is around after 9am, so I'll give her a call as I'm not sure if there is an EPAS.

Thanks again
Sally
xxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hi Sally,

Did you manage to call your midwife?  Is everything ok?

Can I just ask you a couple of questions re the doppler?  I hope you don't mind..
We've just got one ourselves - I know you're not meant to be able to hear anything until 10 weeks but we've been having a play with it already just to see what happens (I'm 9.5 weeks).  We can hear a strong heartbeat but we think it is just my heartbeat.. how do you tell the difference?  Should the baby's heartbeat be quicker?  Also where do you place it to hear your baby?
As you can probably tell, there wasn't much in the way of advice or instructions with it.

Many thanks and I hope everything is ok with you.
petlamb xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Sally - Hope everything is ok with you now, hun, and that baby was just moving about - like to keep you on your toes! ;) Let us know if you spoke to your GP xx

Petlamb - I had a doppler when I was pregnant, and could easily tell if I was picking up my heartbeat ..... just feel yuour own pulse on your wrist/neck, you'll be able to tell if your pulse is the same rate as the heartbeat you've picked up, or if the heartbeat is faster, then you've got the baby!!!
Remember, under 10 weeks is still pretty early, so try not to worry yourself if you can't find it!

www.mybump.co.uk has some great tips on picking up the heartbeat from 9-10 weeks. ;)

Marie xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts