Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

My day 19 is tomorrow.  We had our appointment to discuss what to do when etc yesterday....overwhelming stuff...anyway.  I am due to start taking one Provera tablet tomorrow but the trouble is is that I am certain I will have my period possibly today or perhaps tomorrow - when my cycle is usually 25/26 days so it shoud be next week...Don't ask my why I have this feeling but you know when you just know the signs?? If I do get my period later today or tomorrow what would happen?  Do I continue taking Provera will it interfere with when I take my injections on Tuesday etc....My clinic is open on Tuesday so I guess I will wait until then but I just wanted to know if anyone else has been in the same situation??

Thanks for your help??

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Hi,

i don't understand why you have been given provera if you get regular AF's, i need it as i have PCOS and take it before tx to get Af so i can start d/r!! Are you starting IVF??

Julia
xxxx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello - thanks for getting back to me... I assumed It was the norm? We are having ICSI - can anyone advise? - do you think clinic has made a mistake?? or am I worried about nothing...it is on all my notes about starting provera on day 19 and then Buserelin on day 21..xx

·
Registered
6,264 Posts
Hi, me again, i have been on this site for a long time and have never heard of that protocol, i have to take provera to get AF then start bureselin on day 23 of cycle. Are you sure it is deffo provera?? Maybe someone else will get back to you that has heard of this if not i would double check with your clinic.

Good luck

Julia
xxxx

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello - yes it is definitely provera?  How strange, obviously, I just assumed that what they gave me and the instructions were the norm - can anyone else help please?? I will give clinic call on Tuesday but in the meantime I will just do what they have told me to do.  THanks for replyingxxx

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi CLH,

I had this exact protocol on my first ICSI, so pleas don't panic. ^hugme^ Like you I started provera on day 19 and Buserelin on day 21. I have fairly regular cycles and do not have PCOS. It's just to make sure you get AF and also to ensure you don't develop any cysts as this can stop AF coming and hinder down reg. I haven't had it on any of my other tx as AF has always shown up fairly much on time but my clinic told me they routinely do it on first tx as they have no experience of how you will react to the drugs etc. I know lots of ladies at my clinic who do this protocol, especially if they have probelms with AF turning up. Sometimes down reg can delay it so it's a way of making sure it comes before your baseline scan. Please don't worry, it's perfectly normal practice but all clinics do vary. If you're still worried though give your clinic a call on Tue. All the best with your tx. ^reiki^ ^reiki^

M&M

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much M&M - I feel so relieved now!!  You know what its like, I just want everything to be perfect but it is reassuring to hear from someone with the same protocol.. Thanks again for your reply...and the the best of luck with your treatmentxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts