Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ruth,
i  have my 1st visit with the fertility clinic on the 25th of this month and was wondering wht to expect i'm on metformin 850g twice a day where does it go from here i have pcos by the way

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I would expect they will want to redo hormone blood tests if done more than 6 months ago, scan and sperm test. Then I would presume they will try simple ovulation induction with clomid first, see if you ovulate on that if not then move to stimulation injects. Whatever form of medication they put you on, insist that you have monitoring scans aswell as bloods, as blood test alone won´t tell you if the drugs have worked or not.
Good luck. Do let me know if you have any other queries.

Ruth

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou ruth i will, i had a hormone test done 2 weeks ago and had the scan ( which told them i had pco) had the sperm test done ( which i was told was not normal??) just wondered if they would put me on hormones to make me ovulate as i am having regular periods just not ovulating, how regular should the scans be?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Back a step, things are dependant on the sperm test now. How not normal was it? That may determine what treatment you can have rather than you not ovulating.

Ruth

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know how not normal it was  that was all i was told but when we had the 1st one done the gyn said if i didnt have pcos and was ovulating there maybe a chance i could get pg with his sperm, now i am really worried as to whether they know what they are doiing at the hospital

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I am sure they do. I would ask for more info on his sperm sample but if they said you could get pregnant if you were ovulating, it may be just under normal levels and so not a problem in the long run.

Ruth

1 - 6 of 6 Posts