Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - Just need some advice really - I've received a letter today informing me that my date for lap, hysteroscopy and repeat dye test is next month - I'm a bit worried and ^pray^ that it's all okay.

What I really need to know is does it matter if AF is here on the day of the tests ? Would Drs be able to proceed regardless of AF ? I should be AF free but we all know that AF is unreliable when we most need her to be ::) - would appreciate any advice on this to put my mind at rest.

Thanks so much

Anand xxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

This question's actually been asked a few times so if you use search facility you may like to read the previous responses.

Some consultants will carry out the procedure when you've got AF, some won't....it really does depend on the consultant so you should really speak with yours to confirm this.

I've had several of these ops and have had them at varying times of cycle, including when bleeding...but then I have endo and some consultants find it better to treat when bleeding as easier to see active endo.

I'd give your clinic a call.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Hi ,
When I had my last Lap, Hyst, ect I was due to have it 7 days after AF but of course that month I ran late and the day I went into hospital AF arrived.  I was really worried as I had to drive 4 hours to get to the hospital for 8am that morning and I was afraid they would reschedual me but they did everything that day with no probelms at all. 
Try not to worry I am sure this happens a lot.

BoBo

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
I think you really want to be in the first part of your cycle and no AF. The reason is when they do the hyst , it is to see your lining, ( smoothor not, folded or not, polyps, fibroids... ) if it is just after AF they have the best view. Obviously they can still do it anytime as they will see anything really big, but better when they can see details.
I had 3 hysts and also one when I don't know how it is calledd when  they put a dye via catheter and water inside womb ( without anesthetic) to check if I had some of my lining folded or if it was a polyp, because of my adenomyosis not very clear on ultrasound, anyway the surgeon could not see properly as not a big difference between the 2 , and he asked me to come back the following month as soon as AF gone.  it shows that if there is a choice then just after AF better.
The last hyst I had under anesthetic  2 months ago, the doc said he can do it when spotting but not while full AF, also better first part of cycle to avoid doing it if there is a slim chance of pregnancy ( so I had to change the initial date).
Best of luck,
Future Mummy

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

I agree in part with Future Mummy but I've had 5 laparoscopies/dyes and 5 hysteroscopies....4 at same time as one another and 1 each on their own.  I can't remember where I was in cycle for all of them, as I say, it's been varying times, but my last lap/dye/hysteroscopy was on cd3.

I had endo & adhesions removed from pelvic cavity and ovaries, uterine adhesions removed, uterine polyps removed and a fibroid removed from outer side of my womb at that last op.

It really is down to the consultant as some prefer you to be bleeding, some prefer not.  I really think you need to check with your consultant/clinic as they to differ as there's no amount of guessing and giving  advise on our part that will be able to say exactly what procedures your clinic have in place for this :)

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.