Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just asking some advice really:

A friend at work emailed me today, to say her and her husband are really interested in adoption, they have a 5 year old son and would like another biological child at some point.  I know with fertility treatment you need to have completed your treatment and moved on,  but how does it work with birth children?

She said even if they got pregnant they would still carry on as they really do want to do it.

Does anybody know what the situation is with LA's? They are a lovely couple, and I honestly believe she wants to do it  :)

Cheers  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hi there, I didn't want to read and run.

I don't know a lot about that, but I think the LA needs to be satisfied that the applicants aren't trying for another baby and their biological family is complete. If they adopted and then a few years later got pregnant then obviously that wouldn't be an issue but I don't think they would process an application if there was a chance they would conceive during the adoption for many reasons.

Tell them to get an info pack from their LA, theyll be info about it in there.

I hope that made sense and helps a little 

·
Registered
695 Posts
Our social worker's attitude was that just as you would not want a second biological child immediately after a a first, you should also plan to have a break where no biological children would come into the family while adopting or shortly after.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats pretty much what I thought to be honest, and although they say they would still do it if they had another, when it came to it would they I suppose?

I have advised them to contact their LA and take it from there

Thanks for your replies  :)  xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts