Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruth can you help me please re clinic mix up doing ivf when should have done icsi

clinic said 1 ivf embie is better than 2 icsi - is this true?

clinic said my eggs were poor quality - could they tell at that stage

they said only 3 would have been ok to fertilise and might not have been successful - but sperm was very good quality - but i wouldn't have gotten FET-why would they say this at this stage - how could they know unless egg fertilised to embie stage

They said remaining eggs were fertilised by too many sperm - what could ahve caused this - is it down to egg quality, sperm quality or bad luck

Director has said if this tx is unsuccessful i can have free Tx or money back - i'm thinking of complaining to HFEA and /or seeking legal advice - I don't believe a word the clinic say at the mo and think they are covering their back

director said it was FATE - is aid it was negligence!!!
any advice please???
xaseyX

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
1 embryo is never better than 2!!!! I would always want 2!!!
When having ICSI they can only inject Metaphase II eggs (certain stage of development) so it may well be true that only 3 could have been injected but at least that could still have given the chance of more than one!!
Don't know why they are discussing FET as this isn't what you are asking about! You, like anyone else wants 2 good embryos to put back.
A certain reaction needs to happen on the outer shell of the egg once a sperm goes in, this obviously didn't happen but that's where ICSI CAN help as only one injected so overcomes the problem! Abit of bad luck I would say.
Not sure complaining to the HFEA would achieve anything as they will just refer things back to the centre and as the centre are prepared to give you a free cycle they would say, fair enough.
I will have my fingers crossed for your little embie!!

Ruth

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying ruth - your advice and support today has been invaluable.

i know the clinic are covering their back, i'm really nervous about et now as i had very difficult et last tx and cons said i was supposed to have gen an but clinic said i couldn't and had to have sedation or tx would be cancelled.

i think i've had bad luck all around but i've got to stay positive for 2morrow and my 2ww.

thanks again
caseyx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.