Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered if anyone has ever had two cell grade two embies thawed successfully and got a BFP from them??? I've got some in the freezer and DH wants to try and have the put back this summer but I'm worried about the success rates. I've read some people have got 5/6 cell embies on a two day transer and ours we're only two cell at ET stage, do you think they could have devided more before they were frozen (ET was at 10am and they were frozen in the afternoon)

Also is a FET any easier physically/emotionally than a fresh cycle???  :-\  :-\ 

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mrs Gally,

Hi there, with regards to your upcoming FET i have just had two grade A embies but back... FET with AH. One was a two cell and one was a four cell.... the doctor wouldnt do the transfer if he didnt think there was a good chance of success i am sure... I find that FET is physically less stressing on your body although the meds that come with it have given me bad headaches ! Mentally i would say it is just as challenging as you still pin all of your hopes on the outcome being a positive one..

Good luck

bell xx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi Mrs Gally

Day 2 embies should usually be between 2-4 cells so if yours were 2 cell then that's fine :)  They may have divided more before freezing...and they may gain additional cells between thaw & ET.....we had 2 x FETs with 2 day embies from our 1st IVF....all 4 embies were 4 cell at time of freezing.  2 survived thaw on first FET and one gained an extra cell between thaw & transfer...only 1 survived thaw for 2nd FET...both FETs resulted in chemical pregnancies.

As for is FET easier....I had natural FET so went along with my own natural cycle....no medications etc (although I did have some in 2ww but cos I was on clexane, prednisolone but had some extra progesterone too, even though my own progesterone levels are really good).....I found it far less stressful, emotionally and physically.

Are you doing medicated or natural FET

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
868 Posts
Anna,

I am on Progynova and cyclogest ( start two days before ET ) i was put on a medicated cycle as my regular cycle is so irregular...

bell xxx

·
Registered
868 Posts
.... progynova starts on day 1 of your cycle..........

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, thanks for your replies. We'll be doing a medicated FET. Probably won't be for a couple of months yet. I've only just got AF following my BFN in Feb (and it's the worse one ever!!) so I have to have at least one more before I can go again. We're also in the process of buying a house so we want to have a couple of months to settle our finances down before we go again (we're already living in the house so no stressful exchange/move to worry about) I think it would probably be Aug/Sept time before we can start. Do you know if the length of time they are frozen affects them?? I hate the thought of them being frozen, I often say to DH when they do get put back they'll be so much warmer than in the freezer they'll cling on for dear life just so they don't have to go back  ;D

I've felt more confident in the FET process since our review, purly because you have more drugs to help the pregnancy "stick" than on a fresh cycle, does anyone know why that is? I'm still not sure when I'll feel up to trying again, up until a few days ago I couldn't even contemplate having another cycle so I guess the fact that I now am is a good sign, or a sign that i'm going a bit  ^idiot^ !!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.