Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just wanted to say that Iwent to see a hypnotherapist last Thursday & I know it is eraly days but I feel very positive about it - for the first time ever I dont miss smoking & dont wasnt a ***!

If anyone is interested in finding out more give me a shout & I can pass on the number/ website for my hypnotherapist!

Turkey
XX

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Turkey ^thumbsup^,

You sound like you are doing really well, where do you live?

Chippy

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was hypnotised to stop smoking 4 years ago and it worked. My advise to anyone would be give it a go, it's a pain free way to stop smoking.

Good luck all
x

·
Registered
847 Posts
can you have hypnotherapy when pg?

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi There - I am a new member. Waiting for first appointment at Clinic. Problem - early menopause 10 years ago at 21yrs. One son aged 12 luckily.

I am booked in to see a hypnotherapist on the 17Aug. Can't wait to be smoke free ! Feeling positive at the moment.

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi all

I am having hypnotherapy on the 17th Aug and have bought my last ever multipak of Royals and my last lighter !  I feel empowered knowing that is the last of my cash that will be wasted on weed !!!  

I've given up for 6 weeks before but really feel that this time is IT !

Wishing you all luck in giving up and will let you know how the hypno goes

Take Care all
Jennifer xx xx

·
Registered
949 Posts
Dear Jennifer

Well done for making such a momentous decision and for sounding so positive. I know that you can do this and wish you all the best for kicking such a difficult habit. GO GIRL GO! ;)

Best wishes,

Dawn x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Dawn - thanks for your message

by the way, i laughed at your footnote on your message, "never give up" ;D !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
hi jennifer

goodluck hun with giving up i tired before done it for 6 weeks also and i wish i could again but i will i hope am going to try again soon will be thinking of you keepus posted on how it goes

love lilly xx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Jennifer
Just want to wish you luck and hope you can keep off the weed this time ;D ;D

I have been given up now for nealy 10 years, so bet of luck, hope it all works for you

Love Jo
x x x

·
Registered
34 Posts
hi ya ;D

i've made a appointment with a hypnotis and go on monday night.

it'll cost me £99.00 and shall take 2-2.5 hours.

i'm taking zyban from the doctor but i'm still craving :'(

yesterday i told a friend that i need ivf and was a snivaling wreak out side argos and started smokin again i'm so  :mad: with myself.

i've tried patches,inhaler thingy and now zyban to stop but i'm feeling quite positive that this will work.

hypnosis is surposed to be helpful with tx?

good luck all,

maccie

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi

Just wanted to say that I hope everything went well for you yesterday and you are on the smoke free path!!

Would love to hear how you got on............im trying real hard to persuade my mum into stopping smoking....especially now I am one of those annoying ex-smokers who complain about the smell!!

Natsxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
;D

Just to let you all know that i went for my Hypno session on Tuesday - It was great - very relaxing and i haven't had a ciggie since - no cravings - no side affects except the cough that you get while your lungs recover and get back to how they should be !

I was smoking 20 a day before the appt and now i can't imagine smoking again - i've been to the pub and a restaurant since and been around smokers and it hasn't bothered me at all !

My hypnotherapist is in North Cambridge - the session lasted about 2 hours and it cost me £120 (about a months *** money) If anyone would like her details, IM me and i'll pass them on.

Thanks for your good wishes and support !

Jennifer (Non Smoker !!!)

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Eight Days Later

I still haven't had a cigarette - I am having about 2 very slight cravings a day but I still don't want to smoke, in fact it seems like I smoked years ago !  My friends and family cannot believe it.  My house and clothes do not smell, I can taste my food better and I have double the energy I had while I was smoking. !!!

Good luck to all of you that wanna stop too

Jennifer xx xx

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Jennifer

That is fab news.... :) :) :)
You should be proud of yourself for getting through the hardest part..........it can only get easier!!...

I must admit that it gave me a bog buzz when i was able to tell people that I still hadnt had one...and I still get that now. I am coming up to 5 months now and thought I would never be able to say that, I do still get the odd craving, but its just in a passing moment and easily igonored!

Its amazing how much I can smell now and I can smell giggie smoke on other people a mile off......makes me even more proud that im not like that........

Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!

Natsxxx

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Jennifer

;D :) WELL DONE :) ;D

I'll be joining you soon.

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Nats - Thanks for your message - keep up the good work - 5 months is great - well done you  ;D

Becca - Excellent - are you having hypno or going cold turkey - keep me posted and GOOD LUCK XXXXX

Jennifer

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Hello Jennifer

Thanks for your message.  I'm going cold turkey as I only smoke a couple a day.  I think patches would be too strong.  I managed it before but lapsed when out drinking.  I never mastered that bit.  I really need to overcome the 'habit' of smoking as i dont seem to have a problem overcoming the addiction as I've given up several times before.

I was reading Hollie's posts about needing to do something 'naughty'.  This rings true with me.

Another thing I think about is that I already have a 9 yr head start over my none smoking partner, I just dont think it's fair on him for me to not look after myself.

Oooops, did nt mean to ramble  :p

Becca
x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Well girls its been ages since i gave up smoking !!! Actually only about 4 weeks but it feels like years ago - My ds (aged 12) was stuck in florida with my ex during hurricane frances and i smoked a couple of ciggies then coz i was so desparately worried about him but only had a couple and have had none since he came home - I didn't much enjoy them and for each one i had i kept reminding myself that i am a non smoker now !!!  The hypno was key in me giving up - i really can't recommend it enough.  I am now learning self-hypnosis coz i think it could really help me generally with relaxing,,, and probably also with spider phobia (arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :eek:)  and weight loss !!!

Good luck all with giving up !!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts