Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I found an interesting questionnaire to do on the web, it answered my own question which was, that I thought I may be more addicted to nicotine than some people. When I did the questionnaire (which is quite short) it turns out that I am a medium addict verging dangerously close to highly addicted.

Heres the questionnaire if you want to have a go....

http://www.findhelp.com/center_set/Questionnaire/questionnaire.html

Love Hollie

/links

·
Registered
86 Posts
HIYA HOLLIE,

WOW, I'V DONE THE QUESTIONNARE , out of 1 to 15 my dependance is 14 .......it suggests i try zyban, i did try zyban and i didn't even go a day without smoking.

wish i could stop, but its not easy.

ANG XX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Ang

YOUR ONLY UP THE ROAD FROM ME....I'm in Barnard Castle........anyway maybe I shouldn't have posted the questionnaire because maybe its a way of looking for excuses!! How many do you smoke a day? I smoke between 10 and 20......

Just being nosey now, but hows your other tube? and hows the clomid going?

Love Hollie

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW i din't realise u lived close by, i never looked at your info till now,
i did ivf at james cook.

my other tube is open apparently......always thought it was still blocked, but been told it could be damaged.
don't think clomid is any good for me really i'm on my 8th cycle now.

i smoke a lot ......lol, plus to make matters worse i smoke roll ups coz its cheaper.

i'm going to do some reading up about you now ( i'm nosey also )

take care

ANG XX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ang

I'm on my 2nd free go of IVF, don't know how I managed it because initially they said I could only have 1, then I got a phonecall from Bishop Auckalnd Fertility Clinic offering me another go. Why don't you ask, its worth a try!
Also is it worth asking to have your tube cleared? I went in to have my tube cleared last November and they took it away instead because they said it was badly damaged and had fluid in it which could hinder ivf (the fluid can apparantly poisen the embies). You tube might be worth repairing?!?

Love Hollie

·
Registered
86 Posts
HIYA HOLLIE,

just a quick message coz my bath running, i had IVF in dec 2002......i have asked about 2nd cycle , they told me i'm on list 4 second cycle but they have no funding for a 2nd cycle.....when did you have your first IVF? i was on waiting list over 2 years for my first cycle.

hubby just told me to ring the clinic tomorrow.

i did have op on my tubes about 3 years or so ago, to unblock them and remove scar tissue, i did fall preg but had a ectopic and m/c ( twins ),
i always thought my remaining tube was still blocked, but asked for a dye test again and found it to be open, but doc told me it could still be damaged stopping the egg from getting down.

i'm curious how u have got another free cycle, how long were you on waiting list ect?

HOLLIE looking forwarsd to talking to you more, share experiances ect.
what do you think of james cook? i wasn't to keen on it there.

TAKE CARE
LUV ANG XX

·
Registered
86 Posts
OPPPS ,

just read your first IVF was 1999,
clinic told me......if they did get funding , that some people have been waiting 7 years for 2nd cycle.

GOOD LUCK ^fairydust^

ANG XX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ang

I initially asked for another go and Dr Taylor said theres no money for 2nd goes, then August last year I got a call out of the blue from Bishop nurses saying they would like to offer me another go, I was shocked really and didn't ask any further questions. You could say to them that you are aware of some women receiving free 2nd goes and is this a possibility for you?

I know what you mean about James Cook, I like the consultants but not keen on the admin staff and some of the nurses, I also think they are missing a bit of the personal touch, it feels like your on a factory line, what don't you like about it?

Love Hollie

·
Registered
86 Posts
HIYA HOLLIE,

i'll wait untill after i'v finished the clomid then i'll get back onto the clinic again about 2nd cycle.

james cook , well there was lots i didn't like about the clinic, first it was my first IVF and i knew nothing at all, they didn't warn me about OHSS tell me to drink lots of water ect, basically they never informed me about much.

plus everytime i needed to phone them about dosage of drugs ect, no one ever answered the phone.
i had to test christmas eve ( hpt ) i phoned them with the result , answer machine again, no-on even got back to me.

lots of other little niggles i had with them.

ARE YOU DOING TREATMENT NOW?
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ^fairydust^
ANG XX

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hiya
I've just done the questionnaire and got a 6, moderately dependant....not as bad as I thought.
DH was high 14.....so he's going to try Zyban.
Will keep u posted
Angel
X

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi there

Angel - Tell your husband goodluck with zyban, I would be interested to see how he gets on!

Ang - yes I am going through treatment now, starting taking the pill today. I agree, they don't tell you much atall, everything I know is from this site! I am glad that I have Irelene at Bishop Fertility Centre because its much more one to one and shes always there, so far. I am just going to use James Cook for the procedures required etc and have Irelene as my guide, if you know what I mean. I went for my fsh yesterday and James Cook even mis informed me about that i.e I was told by Bishop to go between 8 and 10am so arrived at 9.30am to be told the nurses finished at 9.00am. They new I wasn't happy, anyway I got the test done eventually and was quite happy with the result : 4.5. I am a bit worried about them monitoring me on the drugs, I don't think they are really on the ball.

Anyway, better get some work done.

Love Hollie

·
Registered
86 Posts
HIYA HOLLIE,

IRENE IS FAB.....so different than the nurses at james cook.....when i was having treatment, irene was working at james cook as i think they were on moving to the new clinic at bishop, so i didn't get to see her very much.

GOOD NEWS on your FSH , i'll be watching out for your progress ^fairydust^

luv ang xx

p.s i tried zyban ages ago. never worked for me, the tablets i had left i gave to my brother in law, he has now been stopped for approx 2 weeks.

i would try zyban again......just got to head my head round stopping smoking first.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts
Hiya
;D
DH has decided to try cutting down more, smokes roll ups now, so not "quite" as big as a bought cig, and is using gum, and he says it is helping.
I'm still trying to cut down more, and then go cold turkey, but if DH has good results with the gum, might try that too, only lower dose.
GOOD LUCK to everyone!
Angel
XX

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Angel27

I'm going cold turkey monday if you wish to join me?

Love Hollie

·
Registered
17 Posts
MY RESULTS - Nicotine Dependence Scale

My score was 8. This suggests that I have a medium dependence to nicotine, and that I am close to developing a high dependence.
I should definitely consider nicotine replacement (patches, gums, or nasal sprays.)

ACTUALLY, I quit smoking 15 days ago "cold Turkey". No withdrawral symptoms, nothing really. Got up one morning and decided I didnt want to smoke anymore. I smoked about 25 a day.

If I had seen this website first, i might have not tried to quit!

Lizzy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hiya Hollie,

I have just done the questionnaire and got 11...which is very bad as it was a high dependence. But I did a 'Cold turkey' 18dys ago and I HAVEN'T HAD A CIG SINCE!! So just goes to show. I must admit on day2 I used patches for 3dys but then that was it they really didn't make a difference just helped in the mind, if you know what I mean.

Good luck to you all
Love Kelly

1 - 17 of 17 Posts