Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home girls.

I'll update the list tomorrow evening!  ;)

Love
Dee
xxx
;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Best let you know my edd is 28th june although will be earlier due to the twins but theres a rough date for you!

L xx

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
LizUK, I was putting it off and off, but at 12 weeks I had to break down and buy maternity pants.  (I'm superstitious and didn't want to buy too early).  I was quickly running out of regular pants.  My work is business casual and at this point I have 2 pairs left that fit me and 2 maternity pants.  If you've outgrown your pants, then you should go.  The pants are much comfier when they're not tight around your waist.  Good luck..I'm sure you'll be able to find something suitable for work.

Dawn, I just took my last metformin today (and everything else).  I understand how nervous you are for stopping...I am terrified.  I'm not sure why one dr tells you take it while others tell you not to. I had one dr tell me to take baby aspirin throught my entire pregnancy while another told me to stop.  Who do I listen to?  Your dr sounds very helpful (that's sarcasm).  Hope you manage to contact the clinic tomorrow to get some real answers.

I've been so careful, but somehow I've caught a cold.  That's the worst thing now because we can't take anything.  I'm just suffering through it but my head felt like a big bowling ball at work today.  Can hardly wait until tomorrow for day 2 of the cold (which is always worse than day 1).

Gotta go now and blow my nose.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Morning everyone

Liz - I've been in maternity stuff for 2 weeks now and it's soooooooo much more comfy, especially if you have to sit down all day.  Didn't really have any choice although I do have one pair of big combat trousers that still fit kind of.  Good luck on finding maternity stuff for tall girls - it's pretty tough finding trousers long enough and I'm only 5'8"  Have you tried all the websites and shops listed on 'The Best......maternity clothes' thread?  Mothercare is a bit rubbish - the larger sizes make you look like a proper whale.  :mad:  I can understand you're anxious about getting past 17 weeks but you'll do it.  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

R4F - sorry you have a cold - get yourself home.  You can have Olbas oil if you have a blocked nose, plus Vit C and paracetamol if you need it - hope you feel better.

Dawn - ask to speak to your doc again if you are worried about stopping the drugs.

How's everyone else?
byeeee

·
Registered
178 Posts
Good Morning
Hope everyone is doing well, been feeling nauseous now for about 4 days, MIL told me eating dry crackers was supposed to help, so far it has. Still got mega itchy boobs. Scan is on Thursday, I can't wait, just to know what is in there and hopefully that it is alright. My girlfriends are booking a hen weekend for next April which I have been up for all along, now I don't know what to say as they don't know we've been going through the IVF and wasn't going to say anything until I'd got to the 12 week stage (fingers X). They are trying to book it this week. Nightmare. At the moment I am taking the bull by the horns (not) and ignoring all e-mails!

Ready4family - Sorry to hear you have a cold - can you have lemsip as they contain paracetamol?

My SIL kindly gave me all of her maternity clothes, I had OHSS for a few weeks a tummy not gone back to normal at all so will be using them as soon as I can be bothered to iron them!

Lolly

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi there everyone,
Morgan  - I'm glad someone else has been wearing maternity clothes for a while. I have bought some items and am wearing one of the skirts for the first time today - ooh it's lovely and comfy!  :) (Am still trying to hide my 'condition' from colleagues though, at least until my 12 week scan in 2 days time!). I am also 5'8" and found a pair of trousers long enough on isabellaoliver.com, and got a cropped pair from blooming marvellous (their regular trousers are very short, only 30" inside leg - I need 33" at least). My Mum got me a pair of trousers from Mamas & Papas (who have some decent stuff) - they are very long (too long for me!) - LizUK, they should fit you fine! (and they have a sale at the moment). I have also found Seraphine who have longer stuff (their jeans come in 2 lengths and are apparently the best, as per loads of magazines.). I think online seems to be the way forward, I have found quite a few sites with 'human' looking clothes on them! (Business Bump, Bumps Maternity, Beautiful Mammas, Tiffany Rose Maternity). Much better than Hennes and their nylon stuff that would melt if you stood too close to a radiator!!  ^eyes^
R4F - Hope your cold is not as bad as expected today. I think I will be stopping a lot of my drugs this week too, and am feeling a bit concerned myself (steroids and gestone), although I will be continuing the heparin (which my GP has refused to pay for) and aspirin. Although the GP said no, I am going to follow Mr Taranissi (our consultant from ARGC) as I am sure he is much more knowledgeable than our GP who knows nothing about fertility treatment, other than it exists!  :-\
I hope everyone else is OK and not fretting too much (I am, due to the upcoming scan!)
Love
Jane
xx
^daisy^

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Brilliant clothes tips, Janis - that's ace!  Can you post them on 'The best....' thread too so we can find them easily later on.

Lolly - can't you go on the hen trip anyway?  my cousin came on mine when she was 5 months and she still had a laugh, despite not being as trolleyed as the rest of us.  ::) Or is it too late in April and you will be massive?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi All

Dee my EDD is 22ndjune

Feeling calmer today, after all that bleeing at the w/end ended up in the Early Pregnancy Unit yesterday and thankfully all is ok. Saw the heartbeat, but they couldnt get a good enough picture to measure it although they guessed about 6mm. Back on friday for my original booked scan.

Tequila and bluesoo-good luck for your scans, hope they go well.

Morgan-enjoy all those chocs

R4F-it must have been lovely to have been able to talk to people about your pregnancy I still havent decided when to tell people yet.

I've enjoyed all the nausea tips, I'm going to have to try a few of them out. I have to follow a strict dairy free diet and its hard enough to find things I enjoy to eat and now with this nausea its made it more complicated!!! How well, thats life!!!

Hi to everyone else

LOL
Kate

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Girls!

Sorry have not been around for a while, after all the family went, we have been up to our eyes sorting out the move, as the company is paying to ship us we have to have 3 quotes for everything! 

As for maternity wear i have also been in it for a couple of weeks, my problem is............  they are all to blinkin long for me!  i can't believe you long legged firends have so many problems!  I am not a particularly small person, just must have a long body. it has always been a problem for me not just maternity wear!  although my sister turned up with a black bag full of her stuff for me yesterday!

For morning sickness,  i found my magic cure quite late on, i hate ginger and couldn't face ginger biscuits etc, but i did enjoy Canada Dry Ginger ale, and it worked, i found to keep a drink handy and it kept it at bay!  it has eased off now a lot. still have the odd wave, got one now in fact, but have been OK for a couple of days.

As for colds, paracetamol is OK and i agree with Morgan that Olbas oil can help, you can steam inhale, bowl, towel etc!

DH is moaning as he sent me up to e-mail a shipment company and just found me on here, with no e-mail sent!!!!

Anyway love to all,
Nicki x x x

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hi All

Nicki - good to hear from you.  I don't know how you can cope with all this moving just now.  I'm planning to go overseas for my job too, but not until early 2006.  I might just about have got my energy back then!

R4F - no, I don't think we're married to the same bloke, but it definitely sounds like it!  So good to know that we understand how we all feel, even if our DHs can't get their heads around it.  I told mine that everyone on this site is paranoid about losing their babies, and I think that's reassured him that I'm not a completely ungrateful so and so... 

Kate - so glad to hear that your spotting was nothing to worry about.  Seeing the heartbeat is definitely a good sign, and lucky you to get 2 scans in a week!

Well, this time tomorrow I shall know whether my little peanut is still alive and kicking.  If it is, I shall try my best to feel more positive for longer than 1 week!  Was looking at some of the 12-week ultrasound images on the site mentioned in the "ultrasound images of early pregnancy" thread.  Hope I don't see the baby's face like in the 2nd "face" piccie - it looks like an alien!  I shall feel v nervous if I see I've got something like that growing inside me! 

Love to all

BlueSoo

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi girls,
          Mega apologies for not posting lately but I have had a lot of personal stuff happening at the mo and I needed some time-out.I have been reading,just didn't feel like posting.
We had our 12 week scan today and bubba measured 12 weeks 4 days so we have an official date now of 9th May 2005.
We were at the hossie for hrs as my bladder wasn't full enough so I had to drink more water,then they forgot all about me and dh ended up telling them that I was going to p**s my pants so they rushed my scan.I didn't get a very good pic but bubba was bouncing all over the place.
Then we had to be booked in and there was only one nurse to do everyone.
My blood pressure was up again so we had to wait so that they could do it again,which went down the next time,and to end it all she couldn't get bloods from me so with a bit of prodding the blood finally flowed and now I have a lovely bruise on my arm.
We were also offered an amniocentesis test but we declined as we have come this far and we will just take what is meant for us.
So,we go back to the hossie on the 15th Feb when I will be 28 weeks and we don't get another scan unless there is any problems so we are going to book a 3d scan for the beginning of Feb.

Hope you are all well and welcome to all the newcomers.

Also good luck sent to everyone having scans over the next few days.

love and hugs     Janet    xxxx

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi girls,

Not been on ths site all weekend and its taken me ages to catch up.  I've noticed quite a few of you are mentioning nuchal scans.  I might sound a bit thick but what are these.  I had my last 2 children 10 years ago and was only scanned at 19 weeks.  When I have spoken to a few of my friends they say that you now get a dating scan at 14 weeks and another main scan at 20 weeks?

Still not wanting to tempt fate and make an appointment with my midwife until I have had my scan next week (9 weeks).  Suppose she will let me know.

Thanks Lisa

·
Registered
76 Posts
hi all hope everyone had a good weekend. :) i have been reading more than i have been writing its so reasuring that im not on my own worring.
and having bad dreams. my boobs have been hurting for over a week now so not like time before they were hurting befoere even found out i was pregnant not sure if thats a good thing

yesterday i just burst out crying :'( with dp as i have reached the time not when i miscarried but i was told that baby had died at ten weeks [sorry] so now im at that stage im just getting myself upset. my dp talked for the first time about his fears aswell which made feel a bit better as i felt not alone....

i have my scan on the 18 nov i was gonna have it last thursday but cancelled it as i miscarried later. so i have to wait till 12wks cus they wouldnt let me have last weeks and one at 12wks....

today i feel a little better with myself it does help to read others feeling like me i then dont feel isolated :)

take care everyone love to all xx

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gillian - I was in the same situation as you , and there is nothing you can do about it, you will have a inbuilt fear, you can't change it, hide it, or ignore it, you can only get through it, take each day as it comes, and be proud to move on to the next day, you will get there. all i kept telling myself was a) many, many peolpe miscarry, BUT many many more go on to have babies and b) you HAVE to get through this stage to get past it.  It is for now a very scary time, but i know in a couple of weeks you will be fine ^Cuddle^

Take care love Nicki x  x

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hi Gillian

Just wanted to poke my nose it and send you a big hug.  It is a really hard time to get through these next few weeks over the time you m/c and scan etc and trust me you are normal.  Just because it has happened once does not mean it will happen again.

Clare

·
Registered
76 Posts
thank you to both of you xxxxxx

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hello everyone,

Not been on for a few weeks but here is what has happened  on the 18/10/04 I had really bad pains which they scanned me and told me it was just cysts on my ovaries and told us it was twins!  They then asked us to go back 2 weeks later 1/11/04 for a second scan to confirm the growth as the other was early.  When we went on Monday they told me that over the past 2 weeks I had miscarried 1 of the twins.  I have then had a phone call from our local hospital who said I cannot have another scan until 20 weeks!  Not happy at that as I want to see if my Other little bubba is OK so I am still waiting to here back from them.

Really strange feeling I know there is now only 1 baby but I haven't bled or had any pains?  Just waiting for something to happen!

Hope everyone else is OK still not caught up on all the messages that I have missed.

see you soon

Bev

·
Registered
249 Posts
Morning all

Gill hope you are feeling ok today.

Bluesoo-thinking of you at your scan today, hope all is well.

Bev-so sorry to hear your news, I hope its not too long before you can have another scan. Have they told you to expect some bleeding to happen?

Well after a positive couple of days I'm back to worrying, started bleeding again last night, much more than spotting this time, but still no pain. I'm not going to bother calling the clinic as I know they will say just come for the scan on friday as booked. I'm trying not to get to down in the dumps about it, but its so hard not worry.

Anyway hope everyone has a good day today

LOL
Kate

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hi Kate

they said there may be some bleeding but not always.  I am just dreading it if it happens!

But at least they was 1 and that looked really good  it kept wriggling about.

bev

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.