Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, just wondered if anyone suffers from spontanious rashes?

I have just had my 4th miscarriage, and i as given methotrexate, as it was a suspected ectoptic. It wasnt, but a week after the injection, I have had terrible skin,  really spotty (i very rarely get a spot),  and I have a rash on the backs of my hands, legs and face. Its like  prickly heat.

I definatley think i have a overactive Immune system.  has anyone been to see Mr George at CARE for testing? is it worth going do you think? Also how do you get your chromosomes looked at ie translocations etc?

Any advice would be great, as i dont know what to do now.

thanks Knights1 xx

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Hello Knights,

I cant comment on your specfic problems but i would say that having the chicago tests with George has been the best money i have spent. I have had 4 failed IVF and now find that my NK levels are high.. I have been told that they should be below 15 whereas mine are at 27. George is convinced that this is why our embies will not stick.

It has taken me three clinics to get to this stage and £20,000. I wish i had done something earlier about it.. The only thing i would be aware of is that if your not having tx at CARE and you want to see George you will need referring to him. I went to my GP and asked her to do it..

Good luck,

Bronte xx

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI Bronte,

Thanks for replying.  I have had my NK cells measured with Mr ******* after my 3rd miscarriage, and on my fourth pregnancy i was taking 25mg of Prednislone.  I was quietly confident in this pregnancy, but again i was disappointed with the outcome. I saw my GP today, who mentioned that the methotrexate is the likely cause of the rash...

My NHS consultant is hopefully goning to refer me to St Marys,  and i have just requested the details from CARE.  so see  what happens at St Marys. I have had pretty much most blood tests, which have all come back normal... so a bit stuck what to do next.

Love Knights1 x

·
Registered
392 Posts
I would def recommend DR Rai at St Marys we ahve just been to see him and he knows his stuff. My cons at home said he is the best you can see in this country I have also had a biopsy taken from my womb in Liverpool and tested by Siobhan Quenby - this is for NK cell Dr Rai says this is the only way he thinks NK cell level effects pregnancy and is the onlt way he recommends NK cell level to be tested. He is blunt to the point but fab.

Susan M xxx

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hi Knights
noticed your post and thought I'd reply as got a similar problem.
My rash started some years ago (like prickly heat) ..comes and goes.. travels around my body in isolation(varies from year to year) but has been on a downward motion for sometime  ;D ..belly, groin, thighs, shins, soles of feet, and now tops of feet/ankles and wrists.

I would get a ferocious attack during my 2ww's and was sure they were connected to embryo trying to implant and my immune system and also would get it towards the end of my cycle. I too have been to ******* and have high nk cells.
When we got our BFP ... and stopped the steroids at around 12 weeks I got a sudden burst of the rash on hands and feet and then nothing for the remainder of the pregnancy. After I had my little one the rash appeared right across my belly along the c/s wound and 5 weeks on is back on my feet and wrists.

I am so sure that this is to do with an over active immune system (nk cells) I saw a dermatologist some years ago/ had a biopsy on one of the spots and they declared I was allergic to naturally occuring bacteria on the skin. I used a 'surgical' wash for a few months which cleared it up and then nothing.. for  a few years. but now I'm back to square one again.

Is there any connection to your rash and tx's? does it appear at certain times of your cycle?
keeping an accurate record of it really helps to identify when it appears ( I used my digi camera -  as this records the date and is a good visual clue to how severe the rash is) Useful for the Dr's too.
Hope it clears up and you find some answers to your Q's  ^reiki^
x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts