Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I am 7w 5d preg and tonight have come out in this awful rash. It is like stinging nettle lumps and all over my legs, chest and between my legs. It is burning hot and itching so bad, that i could scratch it till it bleeds. I havent changed washing power, soap or anything nor ate anything out of the usual so i cant see it being an alergy reaction.
Ive just had a cool shower to try and calm it down but i have huge raised lumps :'(

Anyone any ideas?
Lorraine x

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi Lorraine,

I'd say get yourself to the doctors.  I was told by my GP that you can suddenly become allergic to things in pregnncy and told me to make sure I use non-bio washing powder.

Hope it clears up sooN!

Amanda
x

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hiya,

Worth a call to nhs direct or a trip to the doctors I think.

Tracy xxx

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Hi Lorraine,

Not sure if you've been to see a doctor but you could try calamine lotion to cool/soothe the rash as this is safe in pregnancy.

Hope you are feeling better,

Katie 

·
Registered
520 Posts
Lorraine,

As the others have said get it checked out to be on the safe side.

Have you been out in sun??

I suffer from polymorphic light eruption, prickly heat in other words and this is how my skin goes. It doesn't happen immediately on sunbathing, normally 2-3 days after? Just a thought......let us know

Good luck

Emma

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have the same thing as you... Mine started about 8 or 9 weeks... Red bumps which spread and grow together, they started on the top of my thighs and then appeared on different parts of my legs and arms etc.  They are so itchy and spread quite quickly... I had several different creams from the doctor but had to get a mild steriod cream in the end to help to clear up the rash... Hydrocortisone 1% and this did clear up the rash last week after about a week or two using the cream.... I still have a mild itch which seems to have come back slightly the last few days and slight red bumps but have used the cream again and this seems to be drying it up again... I also find that a cold shower in the morning and evening before bed helps and baby powder to keep itch and red rash down abit....

Missy xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts