Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
Does anyone know when it is safe to take the extract form of Raspberry leaf... my midwife says she doesn't know much about the stuff. The same of arnica do you take it before birth or after to help with the bruising? Do you get the impression I am worrying about the birth!  :eek:
Thanks for your help
Claire L x

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hiyar Claire

I may be wrong, but my friend took Rasberry Tea a couple of weeks before she was due. 

Hope somebody else can help you with the question.

Kerrie xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
376 Posts
raspberry leaf ment to contract your womb or something , and arnica is for bruising sprains etc , arnica should be safe as its herbal but you ought to see your herbalist to see .. i took arnica for an operation 2 weeks before and for 2 weeks after .. i would check ..

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Claire
My sister took arnica tablets in the run-up to having my niece.  She had quite a long hard labour and the staff expressed surprise at how little bruising she had afterwards.  I have taken it before and after EC/ET and certainly think it helps to minimise bruising.  Also, I gave it to DH after (accidentally!) dropping a wooden washing line pole on his head and he hardly had a mark on him afterwards!!! 
Good luck

Ellie

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hi

You start taking raspberry leaf from 34 weeks, the tea is foul so would recommend the tablet form!  It is supposed to improve contactions, no guarantee you wont be late though!!

Not sure about arnica pre labour but have known women to take it immediately after delivery, especially at home births.  I have taken it for othr things with good results.

Hope this helps

Jan27

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,
Thanks for the help. Ellie your poor husband! Hope his head has made a full recovery! I will start taking the extract now as I am 36Wks and will let you know what i decide about the arnica. I will report back after the birth!!  ^scared^

Claire x

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
You can definately take arnica.  I would take it app 2 weeks before the birth and 2 weeks after.  Raspberry leaf tea helps the uterus to contract so only take it at the very end of pregnancy. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OOh just found this when searching the web for something else, thought I would put it on for everyone. I will follow what it saysand let you know... that is if I remember to take the tablets every 3hours during labour.... have a feeling I might get side tracked!

'Take one Arnica tablet every three hours during labour and one per day for four days after. This helps reduce bruising and soreness. '

Claire x

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi claire,

when i had ds i took arnica tablets (200c potency) all through labour - i think every hour - and then every day following birth too and i'd definately recommend it - i had to have some stitches but everything healed really well.  I got mine from Neals Yard and they also made me up a herbal bath thing for immediately after the bath - like sitting in a bath of tea with flowers in - but i'll try anything and it also did seem to help.

I drank loads of raspberry tea from 36 weeks and even made up loads of raspberry tea icecubes for during labour.  In the end i didn't use these as i remember thinking i didn't need any more help with the contractions!!!  I don't really know if it made much difference but i did have natural birth with just gas/air and tens machine and it all seemed to go ok.

Hope it all goes well for you, best wishes,

Nixie x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.