Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am new to this. I started out two years ago at the age of 40 trying to get pregnant (no partner so I went down the IVF and donor sperm route). I had two IUI cycles at London Womens Clinic (not a great experience). Neither of them worked and I have no idea why but the clinic did not seem to be taking enough care with timings.  I have now done ICSI at Bourn Hall and I can't speak highly enough of them. I have eight embryos remaining after two days post EC and I'm waiting for 5 day embryo transfer on Sunday.
Best of luck to everyone who is going through the same.

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Snowberry! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment. I don't know how I would have coped without the lovely people here. Have a good look round the site, post in whatever section you want and make yourself at home. There are so many sections here with a huge amount of information, so whatever you are going through there will be someone here to help you.

I see you have already found the over 40s section. I am sure the lovely ladies there will be able to offer some great advice. The second thread on that section is full of success stories to give us all hope.

Sorry to hear that you have had bad experiences with your IUI cycles, I hope things go better this time.

Here are a couple of links that I think might help you.

ICSI chat ~ CLICK HERE

Single Women ~ CLICK HERE

The Cambridge section will have a lot on the Borne Hall clinic - CLICK HERE

While undergoing treatment, you might find it useful to join other ladies having treatment at the same time. The Cycle Buddies threads are just for that. Here is the link for the January/February section - CLICK HERE

The What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) thread will give you some info on how to navigate the site ~ CLICK HERE

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck! I hope everything goes well on Sunday and the pee stick gives you some great news in a couple of weeks time! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts