1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
carole said:
Hi Peter

I just had my 3rd egg collection today.

On my first cycle (merional) 8 eggs(after having a cyst aspirated)

2nd cycle (merional) 13 eggs (higher dose of drugs)

3rd cycle (menopur) 6 eggs (also on the higher dose)

I am really disappointed with the low number this time. Could it be as aresult of the change of drugs?

All cycles are different. You may respond better to Gonal F but remember that in the case of eggs quality is much more imporant the qauntity

What should I be looking to do next time? (I have already written off this cycle)

Don't do that! Think positive and review your situation if you have no luck. I would recommend the Walsgrave Hospital in your area.

Good luck!

Peter

Thanks

Love from Carole

xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Carole
Sorry to butt in here but please dont write this cycle off yet. Give it a chance. I only got 4 eggs on my 2nd cycle and ended up pg with my little boy. You dont need loads of eggs for it to work. Great if you do get them for freezing but it can work just as well with less.
Wishing you lots of luck Keep up the positivity.
Love Kim x x x

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Carole.

I agree with Kim, I had the least number of eggs collected on my last cycle than in any of my previous 4 cycles and it was this latest one from which I got pregnant!

I am now 23wks 1day preggers with a very active baby kicking away at my insides!

All the best with this cycle.

Love,

Sue xxx

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carole said:
Thanks for your reply Peter.

3 eggs fertilised so now we will wait to see if they make it to transfer. I want to ask for all 3 to be transferred if they do, but I know my clinic is reluctant to do this.

Thanks for your kind words, Kim and Sue and congratulations on your successful cycles!

Trying to be positive.

Love from Carole

xxx
Were all 6 eggs injected? If so this is a very poor fertilisation rate for ICSI and you should ask your clinic why this has happened.

I wouldn't advise three embryos at transfer, get them to freeze the spare one.

Good luck!!

Peter

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carole said:
Hi Peter

Only 4 of the 6 eggs were mature and suitable for ICSI, so 3 out of 4 made it.

That's not bad then

I don't think my clinic is prepared to freeze one egg - they wouldn't last time I was in the same position.

I strongly disagree with this. It is such a waste that embryos are not frozen because there is only one.

Peter

Thanks for your advice

xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts