Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just looking for some reassurance that I am not going mad...just gone through our first FET cycle at a clinic in Spain and I am now 5 days past ET. Started off feeling really positive about this (had previous fresh cycle, which ended in m/c) but now I'm as low as I could be and feel like I've already been told its negative.

I think part of it is that a friend told me today (by email) that she expecting again (weren't even trying!) and now I feel totally deflated. Came home and told DH but he said I shouldn't dwell on it...this really upset me and now we're not talking to each other (!) Am I just completely hormonal and have I over reacted to all of this or like my DH said should I just get on with things.

Totally confused, upset, tearful etc...  :(

Lisa

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Lisa,

I am on day 7 and totally know where you are coming from!  ^hugme^
It's not surprising you feel as you do, hearing someone elses happiness is miserable 2 fold.  :-[ :-[
1. you feel its not fair and it reminds you of what you really want and 2. if they are a friend you want to feel happy for them but feel so guilty and a bad friend because the news hurts!
Its hard not to get cross with husbands too, they sometimes try as they might, just not get it.  ^idiot^
Having your hormones messed with not to mentioned the physical intrusion of ET, scans etc... is just hardwork and we would have to be super human for it not to effect us. Don't forget men just don't think like us women either!  ^idiot^
The waiting is def the worst though and this site def keeps you sane (i think!)

Good luck with the rest of your wait,  ^pray^ ^fairydust^

Lol
Littlefish ^2ww^

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Littlefish

Sorry I haven't got back to you - just wanted to say thank you so much (you really put it into perspective) and sending you lots of luck. Think you're probably coming to the end of your 2ww and hope things are okay. We're still having a really bumpy and hormonal ride and I'll be glad once I have my blood test on Friday, although have had a slight bleed but still keeping everything crossed. My clinic has been fairly reassuring but I'm just a (little!) worried.

Take care

Lisa

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Lisa,

thanks for your reply. Alsa no BFP this time  :-[ :'(. Trying to just get on with things but v hard  ^eyes^. Onwards and upwards as they say! Will just have to keep trying - got 11 frosties left so not over until the freezer is bare!!
Good luck  ^pray^ and lots of love and hope for you  ^hugme^,

Littlefish
^fairydust^
xx

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Littlefish

Sending you the biggest hug ever...and I know how sad you both must be.  ^hugme^ This whole thing just seems so unfair...

Not sure if I should include this but we got our result today, which was positive. Trying not to get too excited as our last cycle ended in miscarriage at 6wks, which was heartbreaking. Maybe on positive note for you (although probably not now) - it was with a frostie cycle.

Take care and look after yourself,

Lisa

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Littlefish ^Cuddle^ I replied on the other thread too but very sorry to see your news hun xx

Lisa ~ that's really wonderful news....congratulations. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pg :)

Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lisa,

That's brilliant news  ^banana^ and it certainly gives lots of hope to allthose little frosties out there.
Take good care of yourself now and take no chances. If there is one thing all this teaches you it is that housework can 100% wait and nothing in life is as important as what we are all trying to do.

Lots of love to you and oodles of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Luv marie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts