Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to say that Elaine - I complained to Pampers once before and they sent through £10 worth of vouchers and a little book and height chart!

Aww, my little man had his first proper fall today - in our kitchen, we've got a Quarry tile floor.  I'm not sure if he tried to pull himself up on one of the chairs out there, but all of a sudden I just saw him fall side ways and smack his head on the floor - the thud was so loud and I've never seen him cry so bad - He was going blue where he wasn't taking a breath, he just screamed and then eventually drew breath.

Dion rushed straight to him before I could get a look in and picked him up and all I could see were the tears rolling down his face and him really really hollering - it took everything I had not to cry, I was so choked up seeing him like this.

I think it obviously did really hurt, but as much as anything I think the shock got to him......... anyway, he just got over that, when he then somehow managed to climb onto the bottom stair in our living room and then took another tumble, but this time it was definately more shock than hurt!

Prior to all this though, he had another good swimming lesson this morning, then we went to the Wacky warehouse for lunch and a play, totally wore him out - so then went into Bath to see if I could find anything for his Christening there - no luck!  But he just flirted with every shop assistant going.  He's so funny, if you talk to him, he responds in his own little language.

So all in all, although I have a husband that seems hell bent on making me as miserable as sin at the moment, I still have the most gorgeous scrummy little boy to cuddle and call mine!

Amanda, sorry to hear you're not well - hope the tonsillitus clears up soon.

Hope everyone else if fine - sorry for the lack of personals, I'm just so drained at the mo to keep up with everthing.

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Sorry I havent been around of late.  Anthony has been a poor little bunny and is only now on the mend.  The antibiotics seem to be doing the trick.  He is eating plenty now. 

Im off next week on holiday, so I will have a bit more time to mention eveyone personally.

Suemj- you must have got one hell of a fright there. Hope he is doing ok now. 

Hello to everyone!!!!

Lisa
xx

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Awww poor Iestyn Its not nice when they are starting to explore and hurt themselves.
Hope he is ok now and have a good meet up today Sue.

Lisa  Glad Anthony is on the mend.

Love kim x x

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just checking in with you all.

I'm just getting my head around Patricks waking and sleeping parts of the day - so, he's asleep at the moment (and hubby on paternity leave) so I get to post on the poots :)

haven't got too much to tell you all - only that I can't believe how much my babe seems to change over the days - it's incredible - last week, one of his babygrows was dangling off him at the feet, now it fits him perfectly - I can't believe babys grow that quickly :eek:  Still, he has more than enough clothes - people are so generous aren't they - I haven't really had to buy much in the way of clothes for him at all.

He has got quite a few little spots on his face at the moment - they're not obvious spots, just seem to be below the surface of his skin, he's also got quite dry skin around his eyes and forehead - its not bothering him at all - just wondered if this was normal?

Hope all is well with you all
Love and Luck Chelsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Sue :)

How is Iestyn today, is his head alright ?!  Poor bubba :(  Hope you are having a better day today too ??? :)

With much love
Amanda xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hey all ~ hope everyone's ok :)

Chelsea ~ Kitty got quite a lot of spots in her first few weeks, HV said it was normal but give them a ring if you are concerned at all. They do change so quickly!! Babies that is.....not HV's!

Sue ~ what a fright for you, it's so awful when they get a bump. Hope you are doing ok (((hug)))

Lisa ~ have a fab holiday :)

Jules ~ hope everything sorts itself out for you. I guess be as warm and welcoming as you can be (not easy with an angry teen i know) and make sure that Neale considers you too. My relationship with SD nearly fell apart when i was pg.........being a step parent is v hard indeed!!

Well, Kitty has discovered crawling :eek: I was just thinking in the park earlier that this is my favourite age with Kitty then i realised that i thought that at newborn, one month, two months...........i guess it's all fab ;D

Have a good weekend, Lizzy xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Hooray !!  Goooooo Kitty :)  Well done on the crawling xxxx :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi everyone

Sue big  :-* :-* to poor Iestyn, I know what you mean about filling up when they hurt themsleves, Toby has just started getting in the wars in minor ways, and when he takes a nose dive and bumps himslef I can;t help but get teary as well.

Chelsea, Toby also had lots of little spots and dry skin for the first few weeks.  It is usually called milk rash although my HV said it is just where their sebacious glands have not developed properly yet.  Don;t worry it will clear up soon.  I used to put a little bit of kamillosan on the dry patches, it is very gentle.

Lizzy, great to hear Kitty is crawling!!  Clever girl!

Lisa look forward to hearing more from you when you are on holiday.

Jules - thinking of you  ^Cuddle^

Well I have had a really busy day, started my housework, washing etc at 7.30, finished at 10.30, got ready to go out, got Toby ready, gave him lunch, went round my Mum & dad's who are away to pick up post etc, did some grocery shopping, had half an hour "break" in car for lunch (Toby snoring in the back!!!), went to NCT sale, went to get birthday pressie for neighbour's little boy, took it round, came home, gave Toby tea, bathed him, put him to bed, cooked our tea, collapsed!!!!  When I think what I used to do on Saturdays!!!  I was a real lazy b***** b4 Toby!!

Think we'll have a quiet day tomorrow... :p

Hope everyone's having a good weekend,

love Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi all, ;D

sorry just a short post as Hannah is teething with her 3rd tooth as i write.
Congratulations Kitty on crawling ;D

Hannah only today learnt how to crawl and there is no stopping her know.
Also she fell over and was all shook up and put her arms up to me and cried out mum awwww I cried with joy.

must go had to sharexxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
655 Posts
Lisa - lovely, aw her first word  ;D!!! Even if it was falling over  :(

Jayne & Mel (FC) good luck with the committee!!!

Vicky xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Vicky ;D i was a real lazy a*se too, can't believe how much i do now. Boy you had a busy day!!!

Lisa ~ congrats to Hannah too. Your post was lovely......bless her :)

I'm having a chilled evening.......DH's family are Jewish and i was meant to be going over for Yom Kippur but DH has taken Kitty and i'm skiving and putting my feet up ;)

Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
FC ~ have a fab holiday......we just got back from Devon. Where abouts are you going?

Hugs to Tarnnia :)

Lizzy xx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Sue - Awwww, poor Iestyn  :(  It's horrible when they do that.  Ben had a few nasty knocks on hols by toppling on the hard floor in the appartment after either pulling up and toppling, or over zealously lunging forward into the crawl position from an upright kneeling position, and ending up flat on his face  :(  Would be funny if he hadn't hurt himself!  He even bled a little from his mouth one day when he'd fallen - now that really scared me!  We tried to pad the floor out as much as possible with blankets and stuff, but other than carpeting the entire place it was almost impossible to stop him having the odd knock.  So much nicer now he's back on softer territory ;D 

Lizzy - Fantastic news on Kitty crawling  :)  Isn't it great!  ;D 

Mel (FC) - Hope you all have a lovely holiday  :)  You pack like me  ;D ;D

Vicky - Blimey!  Busy day or what!!!!  ;D  Sounds like a well deserved rest is in order for tomorrow.

Chelsea - It's shocking how fast babies grow isn't it?  Sounds like you're enjoying every second of being a new mummy  :) Fantastic!  :)
Spotty skin in newborns is really common and very normal.  It'll clear in a few weeks or so.  Maybe just use some moisturiser like E45 or something on the dry patches.  Lots of Health Visitors recommend pure olive oil, but I could never bring myself to rub this into my boys - not really sure why seeing as it's more pure and natural than a cosmetic moisturiser, but there we go  :)

Love

Jayne x

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Woppa
I got mine out the other day cos Joe was really snotty. Well he never liked it as a baby and he definately dont like it now.

Love Kim x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Congratulations Woppa!  ^roflmao^

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Urggggghhhhhhh! That's DISGUSTING!  ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
If there's one thing I really struggle with - it's snot!

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
I hate snot too. When Joe has a cold i am always checking he hasnt got a snotty nose. Now he even goes and gets a tissue when he sneezes andd wipes himself.

love Kim x x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi all

I can post better know has Hannah is fast asleep with teethers powders  :)(brilliant stuff dont know why I did not think of it before.

Well the last couple of days I have been poorly and being sick I had felt better then I came on here and all i see is SNOT yuk  ;D ;D ;D

Suemj -sorry to see Iestyn had a fall as well :-*Hope he has recovered today.

Vicky-You have had a busy day,have  lovely well earned rest tomorrow.It was lovely Hannah saying mum as she says mama dadda nanna and NO and hiya but this time she looked at me and meant it.

FC-have a lovely holiday.

Anone else i have missed sorry but i find it hard to keep up with you all.
Well I have been poorly over the last few days but on the mend.
I have written another post about a ghost story  what do you think? its on girl boy talk thread.

Well Hannah surprised us all today as for the last few days she has been shuffling on her bottom and i thought she will walk before she can crawl,well she got on her knees from sitting and went.She was so excited and then fell onto her face and cried and looked at me and cried mum.
I am so happy she has started doing this as she had been a bit behind with all her problems she even says TA if she takes anything aww bless her.
It just gets better every day does'nt it.
Anway speak to all soon
xxxx

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Kim :)

Has you Mum noticed your bum getting bigger yet ;) ??!!

Loads of love
Amanda xxx

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.