Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to send my love & (((((((((hugs)))))))) to Mel&Tony.....so sorry to read your sad news,
luv
juel xx

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
hi girls

just wanted to send big hugs to Mel and Kim. Thinking about you both

Love
Sophie
x

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi Everyone

Mel - I am so sorry to read you news today. Sending you big hugs. 

Amanda - I have ordered the finger book on Amazon this morning, so thank you very much for that. 

Will let you all know how I get on.  He enjoyed his weetabix yesterday, so fingers crossed, I hope he doesnt become a fussy eater.  In saying that he does enjoy most foods unless they are lumpy!!!!!!  He enjoys a lots of tastes, although I tried him on a chocolate pudding and shock horror, he didnt like it.  Im amazed, not like his mummy!!!!

Jayne - Thank you for your tips, I dont know how you have the energy left in the day !!!!! 

Hello to everyone else this morning, Im starting to get more organised with motherhood (only taken me 9 months!!!).  We are going away for the weekend down to Ormskirk to a 50th birthday party, so looking forward to it.  Hoping the weather isnt so wet and windy.  I dont like being on the motorway when its so bad.

Anyway, hello to all you mummies this morning.

Lisa
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Jeanette - congrats on being voted parent governer!  You'll be fantastic!

Vicky - sorry you've been poorly, hope you are feeling better?

Barbara - how are Josh's teeth?

Kim - posted on the other thread, but so gutted for you.

Allie - trying to sort out Cranage but wont know till nearer the time!

Jayne - life sounds incredibly hectic! 

Sue - how you doing, how are the christening arrangements coming on?

Mel - thinking of you at this difficult time ((((((hugs))))).

Sophie - how is work?  Know you've gone back this week!  How is Christopher finding nursery?

Chloe is putting on a little weight (up to 11lb now!) and we're off to see the NCT girls today then onto see some friends in Brighton with their little babe!  :)  Clark looked after Chloe for the first time on his own last night, when I went off to see the film Wimbledon with my mum and SIL!  Fab film and Clark survived as Chloe hates feeding from the bottle!  Gives me hope for the hen night in London on Saturday night........!

Love Sue
xxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Mel

So sorry to hear about your nan, sending all our love at this difficult time.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi
Well what a morning we have had. It started with Benjamin falling and hitting his lip on the tv unit at 7.30am, boy did he scream, and when i picked him up his mouth was full of blood. It wasnt untill 8am that i could actually take a look in his mouth, and he had cut the inside of his lip. It carried on bleeding on and off so at 9am i called nhs direct and they said to take him up a&e, so we spent 2 1/2 hours up there ::) They have said they cant do anything to it, as its in such an awkward place, and when it heals up, it might leave a lumpy scar as the skin is flapping down at the moment :-[  I have to watch what he eats, as it is most probably going to be sore for a while. I feel so bad about it, i know i cant wrap him up in cotton wool, but i just wish i could have stopped him hurting himself.
Hope you are all having a better day than me :)
Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahhh Karen

I'm so sorry to hear about Benjamin's accident, lip accidents are renowned for bleeding, it must have given you such a fright, hugs to you and I hope he recovers very very soon.  I have a scar on the inside of my bottom lip too, its not visable and its not flappy its flat I'm sure it will be ok for Benjamin :)  xxxx

Lisa...Good luck with the book & happy cooking !  Enjoy your weekend away too ! :) xxx

Sue....Chloe's weight is great :)  Nice one.  Glad you enjoyed the film, but I bet you were sitting there the whole time with Chloe on your mind ;) xxx  Enjoy the hen night :) !

Amanda xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Hi girls

Mel - HUGE Hugs to you. So very sorry about your Nan. ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

Karen -
It started with Benjamin falling and hitting his lip on the tv unit at 7.30am,
OUCH!! Poor wee chap. Laura has had quite a few lip bleeds over the years - tho none as bad as Benjamin's sounds. I try to keep ice-lollies in the freezer (which I make with Ribena toothkind or - if I'm feeling well off - with waitrose orange and mango juice) and these are great for a) cheering up and calming down a weeping or hysterical child and b) the cold is really good for slowing down the bleeding. Was a tip from my own HV ages ago. You can get the ice-lolly moulds from Great Little Trading Company catalogue or website and they are called lickity sips or something. I take them on holiday too if we are self-catering as it means I can do a lovely treat without spending a fortune on local lollies with masses of ingredients I can't read, or which have loads of sugar in.

Lisa - doesn't like chocolate pud??? - can I have his :)

Suel - Fab weight for Chloe. Glad you had a night out and enjoyed the film. Did you feel a bit like you'd forgotten something ;D ;D

Heaps of love
Fee xxxxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi

Thanks Amanda & Fee for the well wishes. I will look into getting some lolly moulds and make some, cos no doubt about it, he will do something like that again. ::)

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well girls last catch up of the week.

Mel sorry to hear about your nan - big hugs to you.

Karen, Fee suggestion re the ice lollies is a good one.  I have moulds to make the lollies and someone suggested freezing yoghurt as a way of getting the diary produce in once the bottles have stopped.  Just another suggestion.

I laughed at the chocolate pud story.  Josh was the same but now give him a choc bikkie and he loves it - can tell the difference if you give him a plain bikkie and you take a chocolate one now.  Amazing how fast they identify with the fridge for juice and the cupboard where the bikkies are kept - he is good mind you only lifts his container which has the usual cream cracker and bread sticks which he is allowed!!

My wee might is definitely suffering.  Must be the eye teeth really and truely.  He has a touch of cold too which isn't helping.  His eyes are heavy, gunging horrible green stuff again (the usual when he teeths badly) and the nose is just not worth mentioning.  Hopefully another couple of days and he will be feeling better.

Well girls how do you cope with a dh who is paranoid about things being damaged in the house.  Last night I lifted the ironing basket, the iron was sitting on top to save a double trip.  As I put the basket on the settee the iron fell off, hit the floor (yes it's wooden) and dented it.  Well what I got - you'd think I had lifted the bXXXXy thing and threw it to the ground.  I then removed the iron, ironing board and ironing to the kitchen where I remained in silent protest until the ironing was done.  (Silent by me please note, not the dh oh no continued to rant and rave.)  Men really do try our patience at times don't they!!  God love poor Josh - here's hoping he doesn't end up like his dad.

Well girls will not get a chance to speak to you all again until Monday as usual - it really is hard playing catch up each week so much happens in between.  

Take care - have good rest of the week.

Love Barbara

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Dear Mel

So sorry to read your sad news. Sending (((BIG HUGS)))))) to you.

Love to you all

jeanette xxxxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hi
Well Bens lip finally stopped bleeding, but it is causing him some pain. He keeps rubbing it, and then crying :'( bless him, he doesnt understand that the rubbing is what is making it hurt more. :(  Had to cuddle him to sleep tonight, as he just kept crying everytime i left his room. Lets hope it doesnt take too long to get better.
Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Jac....Blimey !  Your a busy pants...hope your taking care of you too :)

x x x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi Girls

Aww Karen,poor Ben,I do hope he heals up soon.Its horrible when our babes are hurting.

Mel-so sorry to hear of teh passing of your nan,my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Barbara- I had to laugh at your ironing story as I have a iron story as well,will reveal all at the end of this post with a  photo on the gallery.

Everyone else sorry no personal
But quickly hope all those who have been poorly are feeling better,me &Hannah where struct down by a cold virus over the last few days we have been stuck in bed recovering.
My mum came over yesterday to help me out and did all my ironing for me,I then went and made a pot of tea for us and moved the iron onto our hob..............

Hour later my iron is NO MORE picture now going into gallery unless someone can put it on here for me.

Must go Hannah needs feeding

Lisaxxx

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
How do i put a photo on here as no place for my photo in gallery :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Just a quickie from me tonight - shattered!

Karen -  ^Cuddle^ to Ben for his lip.  

Barbara -  ^Cuddle^ to Josh for not feeling well.  And, MEN!  ::)

Mel - Thinking of you  ^Cuddle^

Fee - I make those sort of ice lollies for Jack too.  He loves them  :)  Mind you, so do I  ;D ;D

SueL - Lovely weight for Chloe, she's obviously thriving  :) Hope you had a nice time at the NCT and Brighton today.   Big pat on the back for Clarke  ;D Well done daddy!  ;D  Glad you enjoyed the film Sue.  

Lisa - Hope you have a lovely weekend away.

Jac - Wow you are a busy bee!  Take care now, and don't burn out!   :-*

Lisamarie - Off to see your iron in a sec  :eek:  Hope you and Hannah feel better soon  ^Cuddle^  Jack and Ben are both just recovering from colds - aren't they yuk!

Big  ^hello^ to everyone else.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi all,

Mel  - really sorry to hear about your nan, thinking of you x

Jayne - Have a good rest

Jac - think you could do with putting you feet up and having some pampering and you time x

Karen - hope Ben's lip is better now,

SueL - hope you had a good time today

Barbara - yep all i can say to that too is MEN!!!!!

Fee - ive not made any lollies for madison yet, will have to do some soon will probably help her teeth!

Lisa - enjoy the weekend

Lisamarie - dont ask me i cant even post pictures in the gallery!!!  ::)

Amanda - hope you are well

suemj - not sure if you got my message i left on your home phone!!! mothercare are having a book day or something on friday, just wondered if you fancy meeting up, its 1-2.30pm, ill try to call you tomorrow.  hope you and iestyn are well and his christening plans are coming along ok.

sorry ive not posted to everyone, but not had chance to catch up with what has been going on.

on saturday we had some family over, and madison was stood inbetween my legs facing forward i kiss her on her cheek and she turn't around and gave me the biggest kiss on the lips, it was so cute, i burst into tears and gave her the biggest cuddle, we were all clapping and saying clever girl, then she wouldn't stop doing it  :), only been able to get her to do it once since then though  ::).

well thats it im going to go home.

Take care

love shelleyxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Shelley,

Sorry I didn't get back to you, I've been run ragged this last week sorting stuff for little man's christening! 

I would love to meet up on Friday - will have a slight reshuffle of existing plans!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

P.S.  Love Madison's kiss story!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Lisamarie - can you melt my iron too please, then i've got an excuse for paying someone else to do my ironing for me!  ;D ;D ;D

Gill x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Lisa  ^roflmao^ I'd say that's a really good excuse to give up ironing! Hope the feedings going ok.....i tried Kitty on some grated cheddar the other day and she was reallly good with it which surprised me.

Jayne ~ you are one busy lady ;D Hope you get a good sleep,

Sue ~ hope you had a good time with your NCT girls today :)

Karen ~ hugs to Benjamin, hope it doesn't stay sore too long,

Well Kitty finally met her great granny yesterday......i know it's taken a while but it's quite difficult to get past my auntie! She's been promising to phone to arrange something and every time i phone it's not good to visit......so i just turned up ;) Not sure why she's like it, keeps our side of the family at arms length since we lost mum, but she's ever so lovely when you actually pin her down. Not sure my granny really recognises us now but i really wanted Kitty to meet her.

Sorry no more personals but i've still got the kitchen to do......grrrrrrr

Take care all, Lizzy xxxx

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.