Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Sorry I havent been around again, I feel terrible I dont get the chance to come online very much. 

The studying is hard going, but so far I am enjoying it.  Just trying not to get stressed.

Nothing really to report here, Anthony still wont take lumpier food, my friend said I should have had him on lumpier food ages ago.  Still no luck on that front.  Im at the end of my tether with it all to be honest, sorry this is me me me post, but I just dont want to rush things with Anthony.  Im sure he will do things in his own time and the fact is I cant Force him to eat anything. 

What should I do?

I promise I will write personals later on today.  Me thinks I need to spend sometime with some really good friends. 

Lisa

xx

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Hi Lisa

Dont worry about the lumpier food - Jessica only wants it when she feels like it and i still have to buy 4 month food and keep it in the cupboard when she dont feel like our food either (fussy or what!!)

Glad the studying is going ok, you come on here when you can sweetheart its good to know you are still with us and lovely to hear yourself and Anthony are doing well.

Mel

x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
To all other mums - will try and catch up later on - have to go back a thread now and do lots of reading while my little poppet is napping.

Hello to you all anyway and hugs from us.

Mel

x x

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Mel - I am so glad that you have got to the bottom of poor little Tarnnias illness - poor little one, please give her hugs from Jessica and myself.

You can get t-shirts in Wilkinsons for £2.50 with my first xmas on, i am not going out until Weds now so if you want me to i can get you one and post it onto you - as long as they have that size that is :)

Mel

x x

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Sue L

Fee - sorry lost with your post?
Quote from: Fee on 13/11/04, 19:17
SueL - YIPPEE! Sneaked off to YOU KNOW WHERE to get some ear plugs for Laura to ward off the HUGE fireworks we're getting here this weekend - AND now I don't have to have GUILT xxxxx
BOOTS hun - I wos talking about BOOTS

Fee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^

·
Registered
489 Posts
Morning all
FC, glad to see you have found out what is wrong with Tarnia. Benjamin had croup a while back, not nice. Like the doc says, as long as the fluid intake is good, dont worry about the food.

Woppa, what a great bargain. Can your mum and dad bring it up for you?

Lisa, dito about the lumpier food, Benjamin is 15 months now, and still has his moments with lumps. Especially when theres a tooth coming through. He never really took to lumps untill he was around 10 months anyhow.

Jac, hope the appointment goes well for Jaqson.

Well we had yet another bad night with Benjamin, i think i finally got some sleep around 2.30 but he woke me again at 4.30. Poor little might has a virul rash and was burning up last night, temp of 38.6 after taking nurofen, but his skin felt like it was on fire. Much cooler this morning though. He has fallen asleep while i was shopping this morning, so hes fast asleep in his pushchair downstairs at the moment. Must try to get some myself before he wakes!!!
Catch up again later
Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone!

There seem to be a number of poorly babies on here at the moment - hope they are all feeling better soon - Karen, MelFC, Sue & Amanda and anyone else I've missed.

Also happy birthday to Millie and the two Bens this week - hope you all have very special days.

Jaqson - well done on your teeth - what a strange place to get them through first though!! How's the walking going??! Before you know it he'll be charging around all over the place.

Well we're all fine although Hannah is struggling with her teeth a bit - it's her back molars and they are really taking their time. She is saying more and more now and spends a lot of time singing nursery rhymes - Baa baa black sheep, Twinkle twinkle and so on. Can't believe how fast she's growing up. We're looking forward to Christmas too - think the second Christmas will be better than the first as she'll be more aware of what's going on. We've got 3 Christmas parties lined up from toddler groups. This is the first year that we won't be away for Christmas or New Year - we used to go to stay with parents before we had her - so everyone will be coming to us at various times as it is my 40th birthday just after Christmas too. I'm really looking forward to a family Christmas in OUR house!! Probably won't be saying that the week before Christmas though!!

Anyway take care everyone and hope the poorly babies are better soon

Love Celia

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi,

Jessica is in her prison again and is playing and dancing with some of her birthday torys.

I am so behind with everything at the moment, on here and in life ingeneral. I constantly seem to be chasing my tail and the only time I get on line, I seem to get through my emails and the little one wants my attention again.

We had a birthday party for her yesterday. The youngest bubs there was 4 weeks - my ovaries were twitching and my boobs were leaking by bedtime.

Jessica ate so much. I am really angry with the sil today. She came late and took Jessica off me while I went to put the kettle on. When I came back in, she was shoving a Tim Tam down her - a really chocolatey biccie. I told her I don't like her having chocolate to which I got told - don't be tight, it's her birthday. The next thing, she's given her a breadstick with houmus on it, again I told her not to give her anymore, that she'd eaten plenty before she came around. I went to get one of Jessicas new toys and when I came back in, it was Pringles (which she nearly choked on) then it was more birthday cake and a mince pie. Unfortunately, Jessica didn't know when to say she had had enough - her poor little tummy (not so little really) looked like it was going to burst. Everytime I said anything, she just said I was being mean ^furios^. In the end, I took Jessica off her.

Needless to say, last night she was as sick as a dog. I feel so guilty today (Sue MJ - you can proberbly relate to this). She slept through a couple of nights back but on Saturday, she was up and down all night. Last night, she woke up about 4 times but was only crying for a couple of seconds then lots of chunnering and sighing so Jay said to leave her. Each time she setlled herself back off no problem. When I went in to her this morning, I felt so bad. She was covered in sick, all over the bedding, her gro-bag and in her hair. She was really damp and her arms were freezing where she had been lay in it. She also had heavily weighted pooey nappy. :'( I just feel awful today. She could have been lay in it since she first woke up at 12.45am.

She was fine, happy and chuckley as usual. We gave her a shower and then wrapped her in her fave cuddley massive towel where she proceeded to do another huge poo. It was full of (sorry about this) mince pie and was the consistance of houmus. I am going to give Heather a piece of my mind when I see her today.

On top Jessica being poorley, although thankfully now fully recovered, being back at work is soooo taxing and I really need to consider increasing my hours to fit everything in. I'm also doing a course at the moment that runs until next July, with weekly homework and an assignment at the end of each block. I feel like I haven't much time to myself at all. I'm supposed to be going to see Bridget tonight but I just can't spare the time as I have an assignment due in at the end of this week. Stupid really to take on a course amongst everything else. I've also got a craft fair this weekend and have nowhere near enough stock to make it worth while.

Oh woe is me ::) That was a major moan and a half - sorry girls

Glad the Sussex meet went well. I'm really looking forward to the next NW one.

Well done Madison on reaching your next lot of milestones. Hope you haven't got measles ickle one.

Sara - hope you got a better night with Joseph. I really envy mums whos bubs go through teething no problem.

Jayne - Partick Swayze - yukkkkk -each to there own I suppose. Now Brad Pitt (how predictable) or Johnny Depp - now you're talking.

mel - I didn't realise Tarnia had been poorley too - hugs to you both.

Woppa - dont our sproggs just know how to draw attention to us?? ;D That was such a funny story. Stuff the ironing - tha'ts nother job I didnt get round to yesterday and I have heaps to do (and more in the washer).

Jac - I must check out the Ebay chrimble stuff. One thing I have been doing recently is trying to recoup some of the £300 I've spent on craft goods since Jayne introduced me to Ebay. I have put some tosh on it but it is so true that your rubbish is someone elses treasure. AND WE GOT RID OF THE SINGER SEWING MACHINE TOO

Oops - ther she blows!!! She needs a kip now so if I can get her to have one, I'll be back on shortly.

Love Angexxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi

Mel - was going to suggest go back to the doc's but have read on and you already have!  Glad you have found the cause of Tarnnia's problems and hopefully she'll get better soon.

Amanda - awwwwwww jammie dodger!  Yum  ;D  how did you get on at the doc's with Millie?

Jayne - ggggrrrrrrrr know what you mean about being disconnected when downloading...... much easier now on broadband!

Sue - loved your post but really hope that Iestyn gets well soon!!!!  Hope the photo's turn out OK.

Sara - hope you got some sleep!

Woppa - what a bargain!  Great timing from Eva!

Lisa - good luck with Anthony and the lumpier food!

Fee- -  ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ ^roflmao^ sorry don't know where my brain was/is!!!!!  ;D

Karen - hope you got some zzzzzz's!

Celia - awwww Hannah saying nursery rhymes!

Ange - I'd have been angry with the SIL too!  Not good.

Got to go, Chloe just woken!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
evening

mel (fc) - so pleased they have found what has been the cause of tarnnia being so poorly, hope she picks up really soon x

amanda - hehe jammie dodger, i can imagine the mess  ;D

ang - thankfully madison dosn't have measles, apparently deb came to my virgin vie party and said aaron's rash had gone, so was probably just viral.  im like you i don't seem to have anytime anymore either.

Lisa - im sure anthony will each lumps when hes ready, i wouldn't worry about it.

jayne - how frustrating

celia - im sure it will be a christmas to remember too  :)

karen - hope you were able to get some sleep, whenever ive tried to do that madison wakes up after about 5mins  ???

jac - hope jaqson's appointment went ok

suel - hope all is well with you and chloe x

suemj - it was great to see you and iestyn again today.  how did you get on in mothercare?  shopping was a nightmare, madison was really tired and cried most of the way around  :'(. just spoke to steve he said madison has been poorly again and won't eat her tea, poor little mite, she seems happy enough in herself so i think it must be her teeth, will see how she is tomorrow  :(.  is iestyn still going swimming?  if so do you want to meet up for hot choccie after?

sorry to everyone ive missed but id better go im at work and not done anything since i got here at 5pm.

take care and i hope all those poorly babes get better really soon.

love shelleyxxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
I never ever seem to have time to do any personals :( sorry about that - the last time I posted we were on thread 28, page 4 I think!! so I've spent all my time catching up with the goss. I love hearing about your lives.

Patrick has a cold :'( - it's his first illness and it broke my heart last night to hear him snuffling and coughing and crying in his sleep.  I've put some baby balsam on his chest this evening and it seems to have done the trick - dh is just putting him to bed as I post :).  Last night was pretty bad - he was waking up every hour in frustration more than anything because he couldn't suck his dummy and breathe at the same time - your heart just breaks doesn't it - I kept wanting to say - 'just blow your nose darling' but of course he wouldn't understand.

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone - oooh and if anyone lives in south-west London and is in easy reach of Richmond Park, there's a great activity I do every wednesday morning called a Bush Push (dh thinks that sounds rude and has something to do with giving birth ::)) The lady that runs it takes you and your buggy on a brisk walk around part of the park and does exercises with you as you stand by your buggy at various stages on the way round - we then warm down and go for a coffee afterwards.  Its a great way to meet other mums and begin to get back into shape too.

Lots of love Chelsxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that your buggy should actually have your baby in it - doh :-[

Cxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Ange - Thank God that flamin' Singer's gone!  ;D  Remember you trying to sell it to that old bloke whilst pg  ;D 
I think I'd be pretty angry with your SIL too after feeding Jessica all that cr*p!  Ben wouldn't know what to do with half of that stuff and hasn't even tasted any of it yet.  Plenty of time for that  :)  He's only had 2 teeny bits of chocolate ever!  He will have sweets and stuff eventually, but, just like I did with Jack, I've always been very careful with their diets.  Jack has a limited amount and it doesn't seem to bother him.  When we go the supermarket he asks for grapes and strawberries and not sweets, so something's working  :)  Don't want them to inherit the family weight problems.  It may happen anyway, but I will try and instill healthy eating into them from a young age. 

Sorry not to do more personals.  Tired tonight, so trying to whizz around the site and then get some tea and an early night for a change  :)

Managed to buy a couple of lovely daytime outfits for Ben for Christmas in Asda's today.  So, really pleased about that.

Got the dentist tomorrow for a filling.

Love

Jayne x

·
Registered
655 Posts
Goodness me what a lot of poorly babes at the moment.  Big  ^Cuddle^ to all of them.

Mel, so glad you got an answer at last about Tarrnia being poorly but it sounds like you have been through some terrible nights and I know how bad it gets when you have sleep deprivation, you do feel like you're losing it big time.  It's juts tiredness.  Poor Tarnnia! I hope you have a better night tonight with the vaporiser.

Sara, hope you also get a better night tonight, poor Joseph, hope the teeth are through really soon.

Karen, again, hope your night is better too.  ^Cuddle^ to Benjamin.

Madison, you as well, oh big ^Cuddle^ to you too.

Iestyn, hope your piccies were lovely, I bet they were, and get well to you too.

Millie, get well too you need to be well for your bog day!!!

Well if there are any well babies out there tonight, please stay that way!!!

LisaC I don;t think you should worry about the lumps.  Toby went right back to ultra smooth stuff when he was teething but now he's over it he has been OK again with slightly more lumpy but tonight he wouldn;t have hi lumpy pasta and he's got a cold, so I juts think you have to go with them what they're ready for.  Does he have finger food now, that's the main thing, as he will be chewing that?  But I'm sure he won;t be eating readibrek and fruit puree when he's 6, I bet!!!

Angie, don;t feel bad about Jessica!!  Blame you SIL, that's an awful lot for one little girl to have had in one go!! Hopefully it'a all out of her system now... Know what you mean about the nappy, have a feeling Toby did one last night & didn;t inspect until this morning when it was almost over the top of the nappy and leaked out the sides....

Woppa, excellent about the changing unit.  Not sure about the transport tho.  Is there any van share scheme or something that runs up that way.

Jac, hope the paed appt went OK?

Celia your Christmas plans sound like fun!!!  I'm sure Christmas just gets better when they start to understand a little bit about it, don;t suppose Toby will be too aware this year, probably just play with all the wrapping paper (well, more likely he'll eat it  ;D)

SueL I take it you got the chair in the end?  Hope Chloe likes it!!

Which one did you get? we're going to have to buy one next year because the one we've got is on loan from my sister and she's going to want it back! ditto with the cot!!! Incidentally, how long do Bubs stay in a highchair?

Well as I mentioned Toby's got a cold, but not too bad, last night was OK even tho I was preparing myself for an awful one & was shattered myself, so went to bed at 7pm and slept until 6am  ;D (with just one feed inbetween - and a bit of cuddling cos Toby was wide awake & very snuffly).

I'm sure th cold wouldn;t be affecting his hearing but gald we didn;t go for his hearing test today, we could have got in on a cancellation but now going to wait to be sent a reminder and go in the next batch in 2-3 weeks time.

New HV seems OK, but am waiting til the check to ask advice about droping night feeds, cos I really think we should, but scared about what we'll have to do instead, might mean no sleep for any of us for a few nights....

Hopefully going to make swimming tomorrow if he's not too snotty, we started a Merbabies class last week and he absoultely loved it and was so chilled afterwards! I have never seen him so relaxed!!!  

Well despite my marathon sleep last night I still feel very tired tonight, think it's all catching up with me.

Been to the solicitor today about redundancy & all sorted, still waiting to hear about DH, trying not to worry, but the main concern is if he loses his job we would probably have to move halfway across the country...as DH not liekly to find another job in this area.  We might even have to consider going abroad.  Last year he was offered a job in Germany.  I did O level German but I can remember s*d all...but at least I'd still have FF lol...

Thank god for the internet.

Now hear I am worrying myself into emigrating & we don;t know the worst yet, so must stop it :p!

Well hope everyone else is OK and  no more sickie bubs please, sending lots of get well vibes to you all

love Vicky & Toby xxxx

PS Chelsea sorry to hear Patrick's poorly too, but loved the idea of the Bush Push, wonder if we could start one here!!!!  Not sure about the name tho, either!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
509 Posts
FC ( Mel)

Iam going to Tescos on Saturday if you want me to look for the t-shirts. They are white velour with red writing on them. IM me your mobile number if you want and I will phone you to tell you if I get them. Also I am going to Matalan if anyone needs anything!!??

Well Joseph now has tooth number 6 and this is the one that caused him all the pain. My friend is annoyed with him, as her children only got their teeth at 11 months -  i can't help it if he is a fast worker!!! Also he had cheeses, sausages and Chilli at nursery today, so much for sticking to fruit and veg!! It was ice cream and sponge and custard last week!!!

I am biting the bullet and going to the docs on Wednesday to get me some tablets. I have finally realised that I will not get through the next few months and especially Christmas without them. I am not really looking forward to Christamas at all and then I have an overwhelming feeling of guilt. You see this Christmas should be the mose special one ever, the one that I have looked forward to for years and I can't help but cry every time I think of it. Anyway I could go on but I won't bore you with my problems.

We had our 2nd portarit sitting at Olan Mills on Saturday and the pics are fab. We got 1 of Joseph on his own and 2 of the 3 of us. Can't wait to get them!

Hope everyone else is ok

I'm off to check out e-bay for some clothes for Joseph - he goes through loads at nursery and needs more but I don't want to pay  alot for them!! Cheapskate or what

Night all

Sara and Joseph

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Ahhh hugs Jac.....hope all goes well tomorrow and that your appointment goes ahead this time xxxx :)

·
Premium Member
12,894 Posts
Good luck tomorrow Jac. Huge big ^Cuddle^ for Jaqson. Will be thinking of you all/

Love Kimx  x

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Hi all
Big hugs to Jaqson,hope you get better soon sweetheartxxxx

Again sorry i dont post much on here,but do read daily to see how you are all doing.
Its good news with Hannah,after a horrid few months we have finaly got our daignosis. :)
After spending that night in hospital being filmed we went home and had to do our own fiming and take pictures of her skin when in contact with certain foods.
Well Last Friday we had our appointment at the food clinic......well at last 10 months on Hannah is dairy/soya intollerant,and has a oversensitive colan,basically IBS.
We have been given medication at last,its called Dicycloverine hydrochloride (merbentyl) she has to take it before food and so far so good...yippeee meaning I may be able to try other foods as this will stop her muscle spasms in the gut when she eats.

cant believe we finaly got what we wanted a diagnosis and a happy painfree child.

Hannah has know got 6 teeth  :eek: 4 at the top and 2 on the bottom.we are still breastfeeding,little madam trys to bite me often  ^evil^
and sings songs,yes sings along to telly tubbies(well sings la la after tinkywinky)and bob the builder(says fisk) and shiny show(says ssshhhh)
and all I get inbetween is what that ,what that,too much telly tubbies i think.
Hope you are all ok and hope you did not mind me jumping into your thread and giving our goodnews.
bye for now

Lisa&Hannahxxxxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Awwww, Jac, hope all goes well tomorrow and the day's not too hard on you all  ^hugme^  Jaqson, you get well soon now  :-* ^hugme^

Love

Jayne x

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.