Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't agree with you more Jac - who needs celebs when we have our own little stars at home with us!

Girls - got carried away again and just uploaded some more piccies of my little star!

Love,

Sue xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Hi

Jac - we swaddled Amy for the last 2 nights and she went to sleep at 8.30 both nights! Fab. She is super star all day and is even really good in the middle of the night when she feeds - goes back down awake ans settles herself, it's just that initial put down. Thanx for suggesting that lookining forward to seeing if works tonight.

She's awake
Will post later
love sarah x x x

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hi everyone - I've just been looking at all the wonderful piccies in the gallery - aren't there a fine set of babies here now. They are all just SOOO gorgeous - and seeing all the tiny baby pictures just takes me back to when my Hannah was small.

I am trying to get my head round the fact that she will be ONE in two weeks time. The time just seems to have flown by. Some days I just sit and look at her and think how lucky I am. This has been a wonderful year - hard work but so rewarding. It just amazes me watching her develop and every week she's doing something new or better than she was the week before. She will play by herself now for a while which makes life easier - the lounge aways looks like a disaster area by the end of the day, especially as we now play with bricks etc so they end up everywhere!

It is great to read everyone's stories and to share in your babies development too. For those of you having sleepless nights it does pass eventually, although we do have the occasional one still. I couldn't believe it last night as she was still wide awake when we put her in her cot but she didn't make much fuss. Then for the next half hour at least we could hear her on the baby monitor playing with all her soft toys in the cot and eventually she went to sleep. When I checked later her head was right at the foot of the cot with an arm sticking out through the bars - what would I do without baby sleeping bags!!

We've got a slightly quieter week than usual this week as it's half term and the mums and toddler groups all have half term too! We can still go swimming and to the mum and baby groups though.

Take care everyone and sorry for no personal mentions but most of the news is on the previous thread!!

Love Celia & Hannah

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
HI everyone

Jac - again the swaddling seems to have worked, she went to bed at 8.15 tonight so we're gonna aim for 8 - 8.30 bedtime every night now as that suits us and Jamie's work. LOve the latest pics of Jaqson - he is such a handsome boy!

Celia - bet it's really strange hannah being nearly one, that seems like such a long time away! What are you doing for her birthday?

Jules - still very excited about Stratford, will give you a call in the next few weeks to arrange final meeting times/places etc!!

Ange - we put Amy on soya milk about 3 weeks ago as the HV seemed to think she had a lactose intolerance, and she is a different baby on it, happy, alert and much more contented. Going to ask for it on prescription tommorrow. And the colief has made her even better. When are you going to take Jessica off the colief? I am unsure how long to give it for.

Sue - loved the piccies of Iestyn in the gallery - he is gorgeous!

Amy has her 6 week check tommorrow (she's 9 weeks though?) I suppose they are allowing for her being early?? Hope she is doing okay although I think she is, she seems a really happy contented baby most of the time and plays with her baby gym, taking her feeds well too.

Hope everyone else is okay
Love sarah x x

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Evening :)

I have decided I really do not have a brain anymore. I got up this morning, got Jack up, gave him brekkie, got him washed and dressed off we went to nursery. Its only half term isn't it :eek: :eek: The worst part is - I KNEW THAT YESTERDAY ^confused^

I HATE half term! It's a nightmare out there!

Jac - Those bumbo chairs are hysterical to look at. Glad to hear they work too. Might get one of those.
I went shopping on Ebay last night as well, and bought 4 brand new coats (1 Mothercare and 3 French designer) to go from 3-18 months for £2.50! Chuffed or what! Pair of Obaibi dungarees arrived this am too. They also are brand new, and I got them for £3.75. Going to sell some of my stuff on there this week.

Love

Jayne xxx

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Finally talked to my Dr. about how I really feel as I couldn't face work this week at all. I have been diagnosed with depression (again) and given antidepressants. Luckily the depression isn't affecting my relationship with Kirstie - we still have fun, cuddles, stories etc and she is happy and healthy (apart from colds) - it's just everything else and going back to work seems to have pushed me over the edge!

I hadn't admitted things to the Dr. how I felt as I was worried about whether it would affect what he wrote on the welfare of the child forms if we went for IVF again. He says it wont, so that's a relief. But now I don't know when I'll be able to try again as I'm now on the ADs :'( :-\

Also think we are going to have to cancel Stratford as Don has not got anough annual leave. :'(

Sorry for the moan. On the happy side Kirstie finally has her appetite back (but only for jars not mummy's food ::) ;D must be my cooking ;) ) so hopefully she will not have lost any more weight and will put some on this time ;D

Hope everyone else is well

Love

Allie

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Jac - I've got a Bumbo chair - there should be an old photo of Kirstie in hers on the gallery. I don't use it now as she wont sit still for a moment.

Jayne - Oops!!

Allie

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Dear Allie

I'm sorry to read about your depression ^Cuddle^ It's good that you have an understanding doctor and that you can have some worry free :-\ time off work. I hope this is a short lived bout and you are feeling well again soon.

Love

Jayne xxx

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dear Allie

Sorry to hear you are feeling down. I know a couple of weeks ago I felt awful, I posted and the girls, as usual, cheered me up. I've come round a bit but still feel so exhausted.

It is an awful feeling - flipping hormones eh!!

Take care of yourself and the little one.

Barbara

·
Premium Member
9,111 Posts
Allie....get better real soon. Sorry to see you wont be coming to Stratford this time. maybe you will make the next one ? Hugs to you

Jac...I bought a bumbo chair on monday from the internet, cant wait for it to arrive, Millie loves sitting up with a bit of support from me or Ian rather then lying in her bouncy chair now so I hope she will use it.

Going for a nice lomg walk this afternoon if is dosn rain. We got soaked at the farm yesterday but it was great fun, loads of baby sheep, goats and pigs. Millie slept all the way round in her pram though.

3 mths PND check for me tomorrow, hope it goes ok as I have been a bit teary again lately for some reason. Think its that time of the month so hopefully thats all it is ??

Speak later

Love Amanda
x x x x x

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
Amanda dont be teary we love you so much and little Millie. :)

Allie sorry to hear about your depression, I seemed to know a lot about that recently but am feeling so much better now. Take things slowley and you will feel better soon. Hugs to you xxxxxx

·
Registered
260 Posts
hello ladies,
this is just a quickie. I have managed to catch up on all your news first though ;D

allie, sorry to hear that you have been feeling low, but glad to hear that your little girl knows how to cheer you up. hope the ADs do their stuff efficiently and that you feel brighter very soon^Cuddle^

Barbara, glad to hear you are feeling more like yourself. how is josh doing?

sue - good to hear from you, there has been a lot of chat here over the past few weeks about trying for a sibling.
like you, it has been on my mind a great deal and like you no sign of my afs so we are in limbo for the moment.

everybody I come into contact with at post natal groups and my hv/gp etc are all obsessed with the subject of contraception; it seems to come up every week! they obviously have no understanding for those of us who can't just assume that when No1 reaches a particular age then No2 will be automatically forthcoming.

sorry to be maudlin. I know that this is on a lot of your minds and that each one of us has a different perspective depending on dx and family situations. it is not an easy subject for any of us.

Max, to change the subject entirely, glad to hear your bowels are in good working order ;D

love to you all from flo and ben
xxxxx

·
Registered
263 Posts
Allie - sorry to hear you are suffering from depression but glad Kirstie is still able to put a smile on your face! Glad to hear she is eating better again - Hannah has had a variable appetite recently and had a period of very slow weight gain. The last couple of times she's been weighed she's catching up well again so I wouldn't worry too much.

Thanks for the comments on the other thread about car seats especially about the clasps. I was looking at the Maxi Cosy seats today and like them but will check the clasp again - think it is OK because I couldn't work out how to get it together to start with!!

We're just having a family lunch for Hannah's birthday with both lots of grandparents and her uncle. Plenty of time in the future for bigger parties when she can appreciate what's going on a bit more!!

Must go - Hannah is rearranging all the CDs!!

Celia

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Dear Ben

Just wanted to say a little hello to my 'twin' and send you a mini birthday greeting. We are 3 months old today :eek:

Aren't we growing fast! ^baby^

Lots of Love

From

Ben xxx

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
If you're not bored to death by now of pics of Jack & Ben
there are a few more in the toddler and baby section of the gallery

·
Registered
260 Posts
hiya Ben,
I was thinking of you too earlier today. My mummy is a bit like yours; she is going to try keeping me on milk alone for as long as possible incase I inherit any of Dad's allergies. Isn't she mean! My big friend Max has been telling me all about the lovely baby rice and lovely fruit and vegetables that his mummy gives him but Mummy says that I have to wait a bit longer.

hope you had a nice day today,

Ben
xxx

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hiya girls.

Its been an age since I last logged on,I don't seem to have a spare minute at the mo.

Allie,I am so sorry about your depression,it is horrible to feel so low-sending you a big hug.

Amanda- hope your check goes well & the tearyness passes.

Celia,how tinme flies,I can't belive Hannah is nearly 1.I took your advice about stopping the finger food,so thanks for that,I don't want Issy refusing to let me feed her solids!

Jac & Jayne,your bargins sound fab! I daren't go on Ebay,as I used to spend quite a bit at terrestial auctions,so I'd be even worse on the net.

Flo,good for you on leaving weaning til later.If Issy hadn't been such a bad milk drinker,I would have probably done the same.

We are still getting back to normal after our flood.We had to move all the furniture upstairs & I couldn't use the pc for days :mad:

Issy is still going to Next a couple of times a week-she is a bit of a regular there now.She did her 1st photo shoot today,for Cosatto.She is going to be (all being well) in their new catalogue.She was a very good girl & laughed & smiled all the while we were there.She was photographed in a bouncy chair,a changing mat & a pram.We are back at Next tomorrow morning,so she is a busy little girl.

I put her in her nursery to sleep for the 1st time at the weekend & I really missed her.She seemed such a small baby to go in such a big room on her own.She seems to like it though & although she has always been a good sleeper,has now turned into a real champion.Last night she went from 8.30pm until 8am this morning!!!!! :D I think we must have been disturbing each other when she was in with us.If I had known this I would have put her in there much sooner.

Btter go-am cooking Thai curry!
LOVE
Kathryn :D

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sorry, I must be missing something!!! - What's a bumbo chair????!! :-\

Flo - I know exactly how you feel about your post-natal group harping on about contraception etc.... we had the same discussion the other week, it really upset me and I ended up in tears with my HV afterwards - just felt really sorry for myself I suppose?! It makes you feel like the 'odd one out' doesn't it, not the 'norm'!

Allie - sorry to hear that you are suffering at the moment, I was also diagnosed with PND about a month ago, feeling much better at the moment. If you need a 'chat' then IM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. TAKE CARE xxxxxx

Some of you are leaving weaning for a bit, Katelyn is 4 months this week, do you think she's ready?? It's all very scarey.

Hope all my other friends are doing ok?!

Love Jules xx

·
Registered
458 Posts
Not sure how long I can stay on for - Jessica is in my arms at the mo watching my fingers type but I don't know how long it will be before she starts wriggling.

Allie - hope you start to feel better soon and the anti-depressants kick in sooner rather than later - glad to hear you're still having fun with Kirstie.

On the weaning subject - Jessica is nearly 15 weeks and will be technically ready soon. I'm still struggling Bf after the mastitis and I think she may be teething as she just wants to bite me all the time. I would rather wait until she's ready and my HV (wriggle going on now!!) said don't wean her until she's ready. She says you know when they are ready when she starts waking through the night for food or going back to 2 hourly feeds. Trouble is at the moment because of the boobie problems, she's hungry more often because she isn't feeding properly. She's still sleeping through so I don't know. I haven't got a clue where to start either. I know that you guys talk about it alot - did you get your info from your HV, books, friends???

Took her to clinic today and she weighed 13lb 3oz. She's got such a tubby belly on her.

Okay - wriggler has jsut started bawling and has been passed to dad. He's doing that thing where even though he's in the next room, he's saying things loud enough for me to hear like....why are you crying....you weren't crying when your mum had you.....which basically interprets into - Ange, come and see to Jess will you?

So best go. I'll try and post tomorrow but she's been quite demanding of late.

Love Angexxxxxx

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hi Ange

Just read your post and I reckon that Katelyn is ready for food!! She hasn't gone through the night for a while now and also, she is definately changing her bottle routine - seems like she is wanting it more. I couldn't believe last night, she had one bottle before bed and was still hungry, so I made up another one and she had the lot, that's 14oz in one go!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Love Jules xx

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.