Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Re:pcos and pregnancy

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ~ S ~ 
#1 ·
hi hun

as you know im not preg and never have been however thats cos i only ovulated for the first time last month.

all i can say is my friend has pcos really badly and she fell preg on her first iui-she is now nearly 35 weeks preg(ish)

i know its very hard but we all have to stay positive that we will get our dreams of being parents!

take care and im always about if you need a chat

Luv
Mez xoxoxox :)

#2 ·
Hiya hun,

I know you've been having a rough ride of it recently, but I just wanted to share my experiences with you. I was diagnosed with PCOS when ttc without success in 1996. I was refered to fertility clinic of local hospital where I was given Clomid, I started on 25mg (too low) and nothing happened, then on 2nd cycle (at 50mg) I became pg and the result is the little man staring at you on the left.

I'm sure it's gonna happen for you real soon.

Take care sweetie

Emma xx

#3 ·
hi sweets

sorry to hear you are feeling down about it all.
just wanted to tell you there is hope. i've known i've had pcos since i was 19. was ttc for about a year while waiting for consultant apts. i had up to 100mg of clomid that didn't work for me either...
i then had a laparoscopy where they found endo too! but they also did the ovarian diathermy whereby they laser some of the cysts away.
i then went back onto clomid at 50mg dose and fell pg after a couple of months. i'm now 29 weeks.
So there is hope.

i was very nervous about the lap as i'd never been in hospital let alone have an op. and when they told me i had endo too i was just gutted. but it did the trick! i've heard of other people who this has happened to also, so might be worth having a discussion with your doc about what other options are available to you.

are they taking day 21 blood tests to check you are ovulating on the clomid?

good luck & take care, it will happen even if it seems horrible now.
lots of love
rosie
xxxxxxxxxx

#4 ·
Hi Sweets!

I suffered a miscarriage in March last year, since then we have been ttc. I was diagnosed with pcos in October last year and referred to the hospital. I was prescribed metformin at the end of march this year. I started taking it on the 3rd of April. I then got a +ve pg test on the 9th of May!
I have just had my first scan today and I am 6.5 weeks!

Don't give up hope it will happen!
Take Care
Lots of love and hugs
Emmaxxxx

#5 ·
Hi Sweets

I was diagnosed severe PCOS. My first cycle didnt work had 43 follies but only 7 eggs.

2nd cycle was on the point of being abandoned due to not enough follies but we got 4 eggs and had a positive now have a little boy. I was given metformin before this cycle.

Just had 3rd cycle took metformin for longer this time. Had the biggest response 45 follies and 24 eggs. 15 fertilised had 2 put back and have 7 frosties. Got positive last week.

Dont give up there is hope wishing you lots of luck that you get your dream.

Love Kim x x x x

#6 ·
Hi Sweets,

Hopefully my story may give you some hope that this does work.

I finally got a diagnosis for PCOS last summer after having investigations as i'd only had 2-3 periods in 3 years (after Depo injections!). We'd not been ttc as I only got married Feb 03 but we knew we'd need help and didn't hang around once we started trying.

As soon as I was diagnosed I was put on Metformin and told to lose a stone in weight. I suprised the life out of the consultant by losing over a stone in 8 weeks. He then prescribed me 100mg clomid and I fell pregnant on the very first attempt and am now a big round 30+ weeks!!!

Please stay positive asd lots of the ladies on here have fallen pregnant whilst suffering PCOS. Wishing you lots and lots of luck

love

Shelley xxxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.