Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peter
Can you answer this question for me please.
I have had iui, ivf and icsi. I overstimulated on all occassions. I also had poor fertilisation.
I have PCO and recently went for diathermy. Will this mean my quality of eggs will improve and is there a posibility of me hyperstimulating again?
Is there a possibility that my LH are to high? if so can it be regulated?
Also i do not understand after 4.5 years i have only been offered the inhibin b blood test. Surely this needs to be done as a standard blood routine for any woman encountering infertility treatment.
I feel that everything has been done back to front.
Although i am happy and relieved that there is hope.
Sorry for the winge.
thanks astrid

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

astrid said:
Hi peter
Can you answer this question for me please.
I have had iui, ivf and icsi. I overstimulated on all occassions. I also had poor fertilisation.
I have PCO and recently went for diathermy. Will this mean my quality of eggs will improve and is there a posibility of me hyperstimulating again?

There is no guarantee but it may help.

Is there a possibility that my LH are to high?

Possibly, this needs checking

if so can it be regulated?

Yes, by down regulation.

Also i do not understand after 4.5 years i have only been offered the inhibin b blood test. Surely this needs to be done as a standard blood routine for any woman encountering infertility treatment.

No, the value of inhibin B has yet to be proven. Some clinics will not work without it, others ignore it completely. I personally do not think it has much value.

I feel that everything has been done back to front.
Although i am happy and relieved that there is hope.
Sorry for the winge.

The management does seem a but inverted! Insist on a thorough review of your case and a clear rationale for the next steps.

Regards,

Peter

thanks astrid

1 - 2 of 2 Posts