Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dee,
How do you find all these great websites?!!

Have just read this with tears streaming down my face - it completely explains how I feel, especially the feelings of guilt. Thank you,
Samxxx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ohhhh thanks for that site!! Ive been feeling down these last few weeks since my negative cycle so have absorbed myself in to the land of big brother!! Very good site recomemed by me too now!!

Connie
x
:-*

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have secondary infertility - undiagonised and am feeling down and fed up of everyone having babies - my 2 sister-in-laws are having babies this weekend and my other one is pregnant. on the up side, i have a wonderful 6 year old son. I have just attempted my first IVF but had to abandon cycle due to too few follicles. feel guilty for being sad as i have one child, at least. :mad:  :-[

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
Hi Brigitte,

Welcome to FF's, you'll soon be addicted  ;D

Please don't beat yourself up over how you are feeling, its totallay understandable.  I too have a 6 yr old DS and find it hard to deal with people getting pg or having babies around me, and I too feel eternally grateful that I have my DS, but I still have that longing for a sibling for him. 

Sorry to hear you've had to abandon  ^Cuddle^, but hope your dream will happenone day.

Take care

Emma xx

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi my name is Skye(sharon),i have a dd from a previous relationship(my now dh has male factor and has no kids) and im never sure where i fit, secondary IF i think is for couples who have kids tigether but i feel bad joining the male factor or icsi boards because i feel as if IM cheating someone.Im sort of inbetween infertility and subfertility-where is the best place for me to chat?I know u ladies will welcome me anywhere,but which board is for pple like us?Thanx.Skye

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Skye,

Come and join us on the secondary infertility thread. Some of the women there have a different partner to the one they had their child(ren) with. It doesn't make any difference to the way you feel about ttc. I'm sure you can post on more than one board though.

Look forward to chatting with you in the future.
All best,
Nikki

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi - sorry new here - could someone post the link again as I'd like to have a look
Thanks

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hi girls
ive posted on a couple of different post
as i am new to this and not totally sure how things work but i have been welcomed so much on each posting
i too have a dd from a previouse relationship although i had preeclampsia with her  i conceived after only missing 4 of my pill and wasnt even ttc
although my DP of 7 yrs loves my DD as if she was his own due to her birth father not wanting to know her he is one of those who wants to b a dad wen he has a girlfriend so he can show her off then drop her but i have to leave the choice of seeing him to my DD
it seems so unfair that i am now in such a loving supportive and very close relationship  with my DP that we carnt seem to share somthing so special
wen i was pg with my DD i had all my appointments with my mum at my side but now i long for the day that i can share those special moments with my DD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi Steph31 i know exactly how you feel. I have two teenagers from my first marriage and was ttc for 5 years with my DH who took my kids on and is a great dad to them. I have been really lucky and am 6 weeks pregnant with my first ivf. Please keep positive because as i know miracles can happen!
^reiki^ ::)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi I'm Laura and I'm 27 and have been ttc for 3 years now.  I have a 6 year old son from a previous relationship.  I have been diagnosed with pcos.  I have been booked in for a ovarian drilling in June so hopefully it'll work!
It's comforting to know that there is other people in the same boat.

Laura x ^Cuddle^

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
congratulations on ur bfp just shows it can happen wen i read other peoples stories on how long they have been trying 4.5 yrs doesnt seam long so fingers crossed it may work for me yet

well done and look after self
steph
suziq said:
Hi Steph31 i know exactly how you feel. I have two teenagers from my first marriage and was ttc for 5 years with my DH who took my kids on and is a great dad to them. I have been really lucky and am 6 weeks pregnant with my first ivf. Please keep positive because as i know miracles can happen!
^reiki^ ::)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

Can I join you?  ^daisy^
I am going to update my signature but briefly I am 35 (well almost 36) Hubby 37. I have a 14 yr old son from previous marriage. DH and I have been trying for 4 years to have a child of our own. Had 3 x IUI , waste of time as DH has antisperm antibodies. Had ICSI in March 05...got a positive but miscarried at 6 weeks. We are due our Consultation appt with the London Womens Clinic and The Cromwell on 22nd Nov. We are considering the 3 cycles for the price of 2. Just waiting on a clear smear!! :mad:

Hope I can get to know you all

Luv Minniemoo xxx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi Minniemoo,

Welcome to the site and the thread.  I hope all your treatment goes well for you, give me a shout if there is anything you need, Mrs Chaos runs a 2ndry infertility chat night on Thursdays, keep an eye out for it xxx

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Emily...still finding my way about at the moment. In fact I forgot where I posted and it took me ages to find it again!!  ^confused^
Will check out the chat nite for sure!

Thanks again  :)

Luv Minniemoo xxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dear all I am a newbie aswell. Just about to embark on IVF in Switzerland so more than a little nervous. Also I have had a hair sample back from Foresight- charity in UK saying low in various minerals etc esp zinc and selenium fairly impt for pregnancy and to prevent miscarriage. Does anyone know if u can take lots of vits and have IVF. Will ask consultant but just wondering?

·
Premium Member
6,864 Posts
Hi Sally

I'm in France too, I went on the boots website and ordered a shedload of pregnacare one a day vits. They have everything you need for pre-conception, right the way up to breastfeeding. I don't know if you can get them delivered here, I had mine delivered to my parents address in the UK and then picked them up the last time I went there, but you could give it a try....?

Nix
xxx

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Sally40 said:
Dear all I am a newbie aswell. Just about to embark on IVF in Switzerland so more than a little nervous. Also I have had a hair sample back from Foresight- charity in UK saying low in various minerals etc esp zinc and selenium fairly impt for pregnancy and to prevent miscarriage. Does anyone know if u can take lots of vits and have IVF. Will ask consultant but just wondering?
It would be best to make sure you are getting a balance. The Marilyn Glanville vitamins plus vit C and fishoils/udos oil are what my acupuncturist recommends and gives a good dose of stuff like zinc but in a balanced format.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I´, here for my daughter who has a gorgeous 3 year old sone but has been trying unsuccessfully for almost 2 years for the second. She an her DH have been to the Hammersmith and had all the tests which have come out fine so no known problem. In some ways it makes it even harder for her when there seems to be no reason. She gets very down each month with each new "failure". I´m 100% behind them and try to be sympathetic and helpful but just don´t know how to help. I think they will try a few more months "naturally" then off for IVF. Pity it´s so expensive and me and my DH are pensioners so we can´t help financially. I think I´ll come over to the UK (we live in Spain) if they start IVF to help look after their DS and to be around if it doesn´t work and maybe take her mind off things a bit. Perhaps do some shopping!! Actually that´s more thereapy for me as all the ex-pats here miss the UK shops. Good luck to all you brave people.  8)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello, hope you don't mind if I join in.  Not sure if I fit into secondary infertility, or where really.  Had unexplained infertility for 5 1/2 yrs, after a long journey, many tests, Chlomid, IUI, decided after much heart search to adopt.  Did all the adoption work, form F etc, approved to go to panel May 06 then found out was 3 months pregnant (had no idea, why would I be pregnant, just would be impossible!)  our son born Oct 06 exactly a year to date of adoption course!!!

We are so blessed and each day I am blown away by the gift of him.  We never started on contraceptives again, so it's a year on and we are not pregnant, although I did breastfeed for 8 months so have only had 4 periods.  Feel guilty for wanting another baby after so many people are left wanting.  Is it wrong to want another baby at some stage?????  Is anyone else in same situation???? I do feel guilty to at some time desire another baby.  Can you believe when son was 3 months old people were asking when we were having another.  some things never change.  xx Jayne

1 - 20 of 37 Posts