1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Deb!

Hello eveyone

How are you all?

My dd have just thrown a wobbley in the garden. All over a tennis ball!!!!!!!I think she has been watching Wimbeldon too much!

My af still hasnt arrived but I have those familiar aches!!!!!. Mind you since I have been on the clomid my cycle has been 'unusual' Clomid also appears to have helped my pmt. Very strange!!!!!!!But I have a very happy husband!

Take care

Love

Jeanettexxxxxxx

ps if any more of my friends get pg I think Im going to cry. I know thats selfish, but when is it my turn. More importantly, when is it all of our turns!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All,

Gwyn, I hope you are feeling a little better. As we all know, time is the only answer. We'll all get there one day honey.

Jeanette, what a lovely surprise from your dh! I'm so jealous! Mine has promised me an eternity ring on the birth of our first child, so I'm not holding my breath!!

Picking up our drugs next Tuesday for our new cycle - back on the old merry-go-round. I've got the old familiar excitement, but much more trepidation after last time. I'm just terrified that we're throwing money away on a lost cause. Still, at least this time we'll be giving eggs, so hopefully someone will get their miracle, be it us or the other couple. I'm certainly dreading the 2ww, especially after having watched poor Gwyn struggling through it recently.

Anyway, enough of my moans and groans, got to think positive!

We're off to Prague for a long weekend on Friday, so I think a little indulgence is called for before a return to temperance and prudence! It'll be nice to have a bit of time out to be a normal couple for a change.

Well, gotta go as I'm absolutely shattered after a 10 day stretch at work. I'm certainly looking forward to a bit of R & R!

Take care everyone, we'll catch up next week.

Trish xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi everyone

My af arrived today. Feeling really sorry for myself.

I have been food shopping in Marks and Spencers. Big mistake when you want food to cheer you up.

My mind must have been else where as I picked up 4 cans of cat food. When I looked at the receipt the tins were luxury cat food and cost 95p each. I think I will put the receipt in the bin before Richard comes home!!!!!

Back on the clomid tomorrow again. Dreading it as it made me cry last time.

Hope everyone else is well. Any news?

Love

Jeanettexxxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all,

It's gone a bit quiet on here hasn't it? ???

Had a wonderful few days in Prague, but came back more knackered than when we left!!

Picked up our suprecur this morning, and start stabbing on the 18th, so back on the healthy lifestyle!

Did anyone see the little IVF triplets in the papers yesterday, the ones where they refused feotal reduction? They were so sweet, and topped up my positivity a bit as they were the result of a 5th attempt at ft.

So how's everyone in the big wide world?

Jeanette, keep your chin up sweetie our turn will come!

Anyway, I won't ramble on, but hope to see some more posts next time I check!

Take care

Trish xxx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi everyone

Its gone really quiet!

Glad that you enjoyed yourself in Prague Trish. I didnt see the papers but any positive outcomes are good for all of us.

Just finished month 3 of clomid and so far my emotions have remained intact! Its a miracle.

Alexandra is getting really excited about my neices baby. She keeps dragging me round to look at all the baby clothes.

I have decided to take my mind of babys and look around for another job! You never know this avoidance tactic may work!!!!!!!

How is everyone else?

Love

Jeanettexxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Jeanette,

It looks like we're the only ones left on here since the new part opened - is it something we said??!!

Glad to hear you're looking at other things to occupy your mind, it's really difficult sometimes, it would be nice if we could just have occasional brainwashing for the odd day!!

We're back to work tomorrow :( so are busy enjoying the sunshine for one last day. Also the stabbing day looms large on the horizon, and while I'm looking forward to having another chance, I'm dreading the big emotional build up in case we get another negative. Still we can only try.

Hope all is well with you and the family. Speak soon :) :)

Trish x

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Trish

I think I may IM the others from the other link just in case we have all missed this new thread!

I cant believe how lovely the weather has been! Tomorrow is going to be even hotter!!!!!! Great and Im stuck in the office for most of it. Boo hoo!!!!!!

We have to keep trying. You never know what is going to happen. Dont let anyone take away that feeling of hope. I feel that we have to take each day as it comes and try and deal with the way we are feeling daily as well. It sounds really easy doesnt it?

When does your 'stabbing ' day start and who will be doing the honours?????? I hope it goes well.

Take care

Jeanettexxxxxx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Jeanette and Trish

So sorry I havent been a good girl in replying lately but I have been reading.

Its been a tough 2 weeks or so since my negative. Trying to come to terms with being so close yet not getting there. Its so unfair. And then my friend finally had her baby (girl) last Monday and I seem to have these jealous feelings, anger etc. WHY WHY WHY cant we get there on something that is so simple for others.

I promise that I will be back shortly and will get out of my moods. Hope you are all ok.

Love to you all
Gwyn

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi girls ;D

Gwyn, it's nice to hear from you. I've been worried about how you were coping, but it sounds as though you're soldiering on. Don't feel guilty about your feelings over your friend's baby as they're only natural, and I'm sure they'll fade in time. Jeanette and I have still got our tests to come next month when "our" babies turn up, and I'm sure we'll struggle too.

Jeanette, my first day of stabbing is Friday (18th) and dh will be doing the honours. It cracks me up actually because he's got a really bad needle phobia, whereas they've never bothered me, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it last time so I doubt this time will be any different :-[ It's lucky actually, because it makes him feel more involved, though I think he enjoys inflicting the pain too much!!! Obviously his needle phobia only relates to himself!

Not sure how long our drug therapy will last this time as we're donating eggs - I think it depends on how easily they can get our cycles in sync. I hope it doesn't drag on too long as it's bad enough without all that!

Dh is now saying he only wants to try once more after this, as he doesn't want to keep throwing money away for no result, so I'm having a bit of a panic in case it doesn't work by then. Hopefully he'll come around, as I think we should just keep going aslong as we can afford it :-\ What do you think?

Anyway, managed to blag a day off work today as there are 2 other managers in, so I'm off to enjoy the ^sunny^ ^sunny^ ^sunny^

Speak to you all soon.

Trish xx

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Trish,

My DP is also said that our last tx was our last one but I am hoping that as it was such a good one in respect of the previous 2 I may have to give in to a lot of sexual favours!!! to see if I can persuade him to have more. Though we have 1 frostie left my positive attitude isnt very good at present due to having a hatching blastocyst, if that didnt work - what will?.

We have our review next week with the top man from The Lister, am looking forward to seeing what he says, it may be that donation is our only way. Have read abit about the screening of sperm/egg/embryo and my hosp it just about to start doing that. so who knows.

So much to still think about. All I know is after seeing my friends baby I am not ready to give up just yet. We are still paying off last tx but whats the point of having money in 5 yrs time and being too old. May as well do it now.

DS said to me last week "why is it he cant have a brov or sis when all his friends have" . It broke my heart.

I too am looking for a job from September. Have been working for DP for last 5 years and now want a change.

Trish - hope you enjoyed sun yesterday. am off to sun myself in a bit.

Jeanette - how long are you on clomid for?

speak soon
Love
Gwyn

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Trish and Gwyn

Gwyn- its so great to hear from you. I know that you have had a really difficult time recently so its lovely to hear from you again. I will probably be on clomid for 6 months. Interestingly it was me that suggested it to my GP and the dosage/ time scale etc! However, she was really nice and spent time with me. Hope all goes well next week.

Alexandra keeps complaining that she has nobody to play with and its all your fault! God if only they knew what their little commemts felt like! Its not their fault that they dont underdstand. All of her friends have siblings so she cant understand why she hasnt!

Im really dreading next month. I cant believe that my neice is nearly 34 weeks. Trish I have a feeling we will be needing each other at the end of August!

Good luck from Friday Trish. Make sure your dh has a steady hand! The first time will be the worsed. Try not to look at his face (it may make you more nervous!). I dont know how my dh would be. Mind you knowing Richard he would probably enjoy inflicting pain on me!!!!

Sorry to ramble on!

Take care

Love

Jeanettexxxxxx

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi everyone

have been reading this thread for quite a while so I thought i would post. I had icsi tx in feb-mar 2003. It was successful but very sadly miscarried at 10 weeks in May. I have 3 frosties and am hoping to start treatment in mid august after my holiday. I have a 10 year old dd who i love dearly but I would still like to start again (even at my age) only joking. Im a bit worried incase this tx doesn't work but I am trying to remain positive.

Love Sara.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Sara

Welcome to this thread.

My GP told me my age went against me (Im 36 as well!).

But hey my sister is a midwife and the other day a 45year old women came into clinic.

There is still time for us!!!!!!

It is difficult to remain positive, but hopefully you can get the support and positive vibes from us. We all know how you feel.

Hope everyone else is well.

Its raining in Birmingham I cant believe it. Come back sun!!!!!!!

Love

Jeanettexxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi all,

Sara - nice to have you on board! I wouldn't worry too much about the age thing as you're hardly pensionable! Lots of women fall pg naturally well into their 40's and even 50's occasionally, so you've plenty of time yet. So sorry to hear about your last ICSI - I thought our failed attempt was hard, but it must be even worse to think you've cracked it and then be so unlucky. Fingers crossed for next time - sounds as though you're not far behind our new ICSI so we can hold virtual hands!

Jeanette - didn't realise you were in Birmingham. We spent 2 days there after Prague as Dh's family live in Bromsgrove. We're hoping to move up there next summer if I can snag the next promotion at work. I'm hoping we'll have had a positive outcome by then as I wouldn't want to change clinics after all that time with ours.

My cousin's baby is due on the 20th August, and already knows it's a little girl. It seems to have gone so quickly - I was knitting her a little cardigan (sad but I'm good at it!) but I haven't been able to face it for a while, so I don't suppose it'll get finished. I should've known better really. ^help^

Stabbing day is looming large now. We're going to have to be careful this time as my youngest got himself in a tizz over it last time - we didn't really give it a second thought but he was all worried bless his heart! So we're going to leave it all until after he's in bed this time around. He'll have a heart attack if I actually get pg, as he was desperately worried about how much having a baby would hurt me! It's amazing what goes through their little minds. I have funny days at the moment where I think I don't want to go through it all again, but I obviously do as I was so panic stricken when dh said he only wanted to try once more after this. I think it's worse because like Gwyn, we got to extended blastocyst stage with 4 of our embies, with another 4 good enough to freeze, and with that kind of luck you kind of assume nothing can go wrong. I really regret not freezing any now, as we would have had 6 on ice, but hey ho too late now. :(

Well I'm going to go and try to make peace with DH - he's in a strop because I forgot to tell him I was finishing work early and he didn't need to pick ds up from the childminder! I said sorry, but you know men! ^stupid^

Anyway, take care girls ^group^

Trish xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Everyone

Trish- hope you are all prepared for tonight! I think you are right living it until your little boy is in bed. They can think the strangest things at times!! Bless them!

My neice is also expecting a girl! Leanne has decided to call her Chloe.

I felt really sorry for Leanne as the other week the father of the baby picked her up (they are not in a relatonship) to take her shopping and in the car was a 3 month old baby boy. It appears that this lad has been rather busy with the girls! Leanne was devastated.

I dont knit so I have been buying clothes instead! Arent there lovely baby clothes around. When Alexandra was born there were little premature baby clothes. Nowadays there is loads and they are all lovely.

I actually live in Aldridge which is within Walsall. I originate and all my family life in Brum , but I think its just habit saying that I come from Birmingham. Birmingham city centre is approx 8 miles from Aldridge. So its very close! Hopefeully you will have a positive outcome before you come.

Hope you have made peace with your dh Trish. They are so funny at times!!!!

Take care everyone

Love

Jeanettexxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi everybody!

Just a quickie as I've got loads to do!

Started the dreaded stabbing on schedule, Friday night. It's just as pleasant as I remembered! I've felt a bit weird actually, I was really excited last time, and desperate to get to ec stage, but this time I'm much more reluctant ??? I suppose it's some kind of self-preservation thing to stop me building up my hopes again. We've also hardly discussed it atall this time, whereas last time it was practically my only topic of conversation! I think I prefer it this way though, as last time was really difficult. :'(

Just to add a bit of spice to the pudding, my childminder gave us notice yesterday, and is stopping at the end of next month. I'm afraid I get a bit precious over childcare, so I'm now in a panic in case I can't find someone I'm comfortable with! It wasn't totally out of the blue as we knew she was considering giving up, but I had similar dramas 2 and a half years ago when my first minder went back to work, and it was a nightmare. We work shifts which makes it difficult to find someone who'll do the unsocial hours, and I have to admit I'm very picky ^confused^ Hopefully it'll all work out okay.

Anyway, hope you're okay.

Jeanette - I know what you mean about the tiny baby clothes, they're so sweet - especially the girls things!

Sara - Hope you're still ^reiki^ ^reiki^ and getting organised for that holiday. Mind you with the weather we're having at the moment, it's like one long holiday atmosphere!

Anyway, I've droned on much longer than I intended so I'd better shoot.

Speak soon

Trish xx

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi everyone

What has happened to the weather!!!!!!!!

Trish- I just knew that you would enjoy being stabbed! Only joking, Just dont fall ouit with your hubby in case he decides to get his own back! Its time to use all your feminine charm!!!!!!!! I think that you are right about the self preservation. Sometimes you just have to do this to protect yourself. I have hardly told anyone that I am on clomid- thats how I cope. My neice (who is now 34 weeks) and mum have no idea.

Child care is so difficult. Its even worse if you are both working shifts. Im really lucky as I work Monday-Friday 9-5pm (ish depending who is around) and Richard goes to the photographic studio twice aweek and works from home the rest. I remember how awful it was working shifts at the hospital. Its so difficult I really can sympathise with you both.

I bet you are not pricky , you just want whats best for your child. I dont blame you.

Gwyn and Sara- hope you are both well.

Take care everyone

Love

Jeanettexxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi All,

Jeanette - just sank in what you said about your neice's ex, and the baby in the car! (I know, I'm a bit slow at the moment!) Aren't men gits sometimes? Sounds as though she and the baby are better off without him. How's the clomid going? are they doing regular checks or do they just let you plod along for a while and see what happens?

Day 4 of the lovely junkie bit today, I'm getting used to it again and so far the bruises have stayed away, though I don't suppose that will last! I am being more careful about upsetting Phil, as I daresay he could manage to look innocent while "accidently" severing something vital!!

Told my youngest about the childminder issue this afternoon, panicking about his reaction as I would. His response was, "it's quite exciting really, but how are we going to find a new childminder, because I haven't seen any childminder shops!" I can't believe he was so blase about something so potentially traumatic but got himself totally distraught about the idea of me giving birth!! ^chuckle^

Had another "Not another one" day today, after passing 6 pregnant women within 10 mins of entering Tescos. It's an epidemic I'm sure. Then I got to thinking about how much worse it'll be in a few months, as the same women will all be pushing around new babies! Remind me to start ordering my groceries online :-\

Well, better go I suppose. Hope you're well and also Gwyn and Sara if you're still tuned in ;)

Ta ta for now

Trish xx

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi Ladies,
My name is Claire, I found out about this website from a lady replying to an item i posted on the babyworld website. I know this is going to sound daft but i really thought we were the only ones that were ttc for such a long time for a second child, we have a beautiful 4 year old daughter and have been ttc for nearly 2 years for a second child. I too have relatives (most recently my mother in law) who keep hinting and asking about a second baby and it really hurts... Have had 3 tries of chlomid b4 xmas but they made me quite poorly, we have only been offered further treatments of the same and have been given a couple of months to decide what we want to do... I dont have periods at all when i am not on the pill so goodness only knows how we managed to conceive within 3 months last time... Its really good to share my thoughts with such a friendly group of people...
Thanks for listening... :)

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi everyone

its me again! Hope you are all well.

Trish- glad to hear that the stabbing is going ok- bet your dh just loves inflicting pain on you!!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about men. She is so young and naive. But hey werent we all at her age. I think that she had this romantic idea that they would live happily ever after. Then she crashed on earth. Its such a shame.

Very scarily (cant spell!!!!!) but the clomid has gone well again. Um cant quiye believe it myself. Its cured my pmt. Richard thinks its wonderful stuff!!!!!!!

Hi Claire- welcome to this thread. There are some truly wonderful people on this site. Us 'second timers' all know how you feel. I have told my family that we are not having any more, but thats only because I got fed up of them asking.

You have probably gathered that I have a 15 year neice who is 34 weeks pregnant. Trish has a young cousin who is due 20th August (Trish correct me if Im wrong). We really value the support from this site as times are proving to be very testing. We are here for you any time. Welcome to this fab thread!!!!

Trish- when is hubby due back!

Take care and goodnight

Love

Jeanettexxxxxx

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.