Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DD2 had reflux and was on gaviscon until recently when I weaned her off it and she seemed alright.  However she will only eat super smooth puree's...she is 7 months now and DD1 was well into finger foods and I was mashing rather than pureeing by now.

If anything has a slight lump she gags (which I now is normal) and vomits EVERYTHING back up.  So just wondered if anyone else had a LO like this and what did you do?

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Hi

Jack and Sam had reflux too and Jack had an awful gag reflex, so I sympathise totally  ^hugme^ . I'm afraid I just had to persevere with him. He did gag and throw up to start with but eventually got better. He's fine now

I started to introduce lumps really, really slowly, mashing very well to start with and then slowly less and less. I gave lots of finger foods too very early on as when he was in control he was much better

Is she still on any meds as usually they don't grow out of reflux till around 2 on average? The other option is to start Domperidine to help stop the vomiting with gagging if it carries on but hopefully it will get better with time

There is a reflux support thread under health issues on this site. There are lots of us who have been or are going through this stage that can help you. I will post the link  xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks slinky will go and look.  She is off gaviscon now as her reflux OK with milk...she had silent relux and was never sick.

·
Registered
574 Posts
My 2 are just being weaned off prescription milk for reflux, and when they started on "food" I thought DS would never be able to eat anything that wasn't smooth and 90% water. You have to take it reeeeeeally slowly - your DD is still only very young - and just try slight lumps/drier finger food etc when she gets to that stage  - and have cloths ready! (the plastic bibs with the scoop bit are quite good at catching puke!)

I honestly thought DS would never be able to eat toast etc but it does come. Tiny pieces (as I think he wasn't chewing at first and just sucked dry bits down, then coughed and projectile vomited), and covered in eg cream cheese/hummus so not too dry. Oddly the organix carrot puff crisps were the best bet, I think they just dissolve. He's still behind DD in terms of what he can eat, but he has made progress. I fear patience is the best answer -sorry! - but she WILL get there.

·
Premium Member
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks so much elle...someone suggested the puff crisps things to me earlier too.

I will carry on as I am and keep trying from time to time.x

so glad that its not just me!

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Jack loved the organix range of carrot puff fingers too (like huge carroty wotsits!) and sweetcorn rings xx

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
Elle74 said:
The bonus of the sweetcorn rings is that they don't stain their face bright orange like the carrot ones... :)
They have the sweetcorn ones when going round Tesco for that exact reason!!! ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.