Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject line says, I'm just really confused right now.  I made it to the top of the IVF waiting list in the Summer, but because I was in America, couldn't start.  I was supposed to email when I was back, but then DH and I decided we were done with IVF and would start the adoption process.  Now after a couple of weeks rest over Christmas, I'm rethinking again and thinking we might be giving up before we really give it a good go.  My biggest concern is that I have been pregnant 4 times and each time it has ended in MC.  All tests have come back normal, so I know that even with IVF or TTC naturally that that is a real possibility if not probability.  Every time I think I've come to terms with not having my own biological child, I start thinking about it and get brokenhearted all over again.

Should I give it one last go with IVF?  All opinions welcome!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,277 Posts
Hi Carrie,

My god, you have really had a hard time.  However I really feel it is a decision that only you and your DH can make.  It depends on how you feel.  If you did miscarry again, do you think you could cope with it?  If you didn't go for the IVF would you still be wondering what if? 

My cousin's girlfriend had 3 miscarriages and they now have two children.

I wish you lots of luck and hope you can come to a decision which is right for the both of you.

Good luck.

x

 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stacey.  DH and I spoke last night and we're going to give IVF another shot.  I'm not getting any younger :-( so I need to try as much as possible before it's too late and so that we don't have any regrets in the future.  I love hearing about your cousin's girlfriend - gives me hope.

Carrie D x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Good luck on the IVF front Carrie, I like you am generally in a confused state with everything. We are on the waiting list for IVF but I am not sure I am up to going through with it as I have concerns over snowbabies and if I can deal with that. But DH is not ready to consider adoption so we are waiting to see what happens. I don't want to live with the regret of not trying and I'm willing to wait and see what they tell us when we are called before I make that choice. My biggest worry is that it's MY choice, DH could always find someone else and have his own children (he's adament it's not happening  :) ) so taking each thing as a step is our choice at the moment. I hope it all goes well for you. I have a friend who has had 6 M/C and has 5 children - remember most women have had a mc they just don't know it because it was early, and you have the same chance as everyone else of successful pregnancy - well that's what my consultant told me.

Good Luck
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top